Elohiym & the Trinity

Status
Not open for further replies.

Freak

elohiym stated:
"I will say this, I don't limit God to a trinty, or to quantify Him anymore than he quantifies Himself."

Originally Posted by godrulz
Do you believe the historical, traditional understanding of the Trinity (like Catholics believe)? This is not a trap, since I think it is not a salvific issue like the Deity of Christ.

elohiym answered:
No. (Rest your case.)

elohiym, this is puzzling. Are you denying the historical truth of God's nature, that He has revealed Himself as the One true God in three persons-Father, Son, and Holy Spirit?

elohiym

Freak said:
elohiym stated:
"I will say this, I don't limit God to a trinty, or to quantify Him anymore than he quantifies Himself."

Do you believe the historical, traditional understanding of the Trinity (like Catholics believe)? This is not a trap, since I think it is not a salvific issue like the Deity of Christ.

elohiym answered:
No. (Rest your case.)

elohiym, this is puzzling. Are you denying the historical truth of God's nature, that He has revealed Himself as the One true God in three persons-Father, Son, and Holy Spirit?
Nope.

keypurr

Freak said:
elohiym stated:

elohiym answered:
No. (Rest your case.)

I don't believe in an equal power three part God. Enlighten me.

elohiym

What I find pathetic is that Freak got those quotes from a discussion between godrulz and I, where godrulz essentially admits to willfully sinning every once in a while. That is to count the blood of Christ an unholy thing. True blasphemy against the holy spirit.

Instead of rebuking godrulz for willfully sinning, or trying to help him be free from sin, Freak instead wants to take up my time with a futile inquisition. He must really hate godrulz. :(

keypurr

elohiym said:
What I find pathetic is that Freak got those quotes from a discussion between godrulz and I, where godrulz essentially admits to willfully sinning every once in a while. That is to count the blood of Christ an unholy thing. True blasphemy against the holy spirit.

Instead of rebuking godrulz for willfully sinning, or trying to help him be free from sin, Freak instead wants to take up my time with a futile inquisition. He must really hate godrulz. :(
Could be he suffers from "Low IQitis" Then it means he can't help himself.

By the way, how is the family doing?

Sozo

elohiym said:

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to elohiym again

Freak

elohiym said:

Then why this?

elohiym answered:
No. (Rest your case.)

My concern was this answer you gave: no.

Freak

keypurr said:
I don't believe in an equal power three part God. Enlighten me.
"Equal power?" What power are you referring to? I have already enlightened you to what I believe:

There is one God who has revealed Himself in three persons-Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.

keypurr

Freak said:
"Equal power?" What power are you referring to? I have already enlightened you to what I believe:

There is one God who has revealed Himself in three persons-Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
I don't share that theory ANYMORE. Life was easier when I did. Now I see the Father who is God, Jesus his son our Lord and the spirit that comes from the father. The Lord has been given his power over all from his father who is greater. They are one in spirit but two seperated persons. That is how I see it.

immivik

Jesus also referred to the Holy Spirit as a helper , and that He would come to them after He(Jesus)
left them so that they would not be left like orphans but that He (Jesus) would be with them even till the end of the age.
now , how is it that Jesus is leaving the Apostles but He is doing so in order that the Counselor may come and be thier helper , while Jesus is sitting at the right hand of the Father?
they are One, three personages, yet One God.

Freak

elohiym said:
Because truth matters. There is truth in whom God is. We are to defend the essentials as believers in Christ. Anyone who denies any essential should be asked why, especially if they claim Jesus. Our faith is built on certain truths that we ought to defend at all costs.

What concerns you about my answer? Be specific.
Pretty simple: godrulz asked: Do you believe the historical, traditional understanding of the Trinity (like Catholics believe)?
You answered: No.

Denying the triune nature of God is a problem as He is triune in nature thus one is rejecting truth. One cannot worship God without worshipping Him in "spirit and truth."

elohiym

Freak said:
Because truth matters. There is truth in whom God is. We are to defend the essentials as believers in Christ. Anyone who denies any essential should be asked why, especially if they claim Jesus. Our faith is built on certain truths that we ought to defend at all costs.

Pretty simple: godrulz asked: Do you believe the historical, traditional understanding of the Trinity (like Catholics believe)?
You answered: No.

Denying the triune nature of God is a problem as He is triune in nature thus one is rejecting truth. One cannot worship God without worshipping Him in "spirit and truth."
God is an unlimited compound unity (echad), not a trinity. Jesus is God. The Father is God. The Holy Spirit is God. They are ONE, not THREE.

Show me using the Bible where I have to agree with the Trinity doctrine to be saved.

Also, tell me: Do you still sin, Freak? Ever? Our faith is built on certain truths that we ought to defend at all costs, and one of those truths is that whoever sins is a servant of sin.

immivik

I hope you dont think I have denied the Triune nature of God.
God is Father ,Son and Holy Spirit (three yet One)

keypurr

immivik said:
I hope you dont think I have denied the Triune nature of God.
God is Father ,Son and Holy Spirit (three yet One)
I understand your position, I just do not think that the three are equal. If the Father gave all power to Christ then he is greater. I do not say this to take away from our Lord's glory, but to glorify his father as he did.

Status
Not open for further replies.