DOJ admits police and communities act immorally in handing out "tickets"

resodko

BANNED
Banned
then it's justified for us white people to go riot in jesse jackson's and al sharpton's neighborhoods?

sweet! :banana:

Morpheus

I see that you have no knowledge of reality. When men and women who are sworn to uphold the law do their very best to do that and are in turn questioned by liberals for every move that they make, those officers of the law are no longer eager to uphold those laws.

Plain and simply put: You're reaping what you sow Morphie.

I cut you some slack this morning, but since you want to continue your, just doing their best, line, why not tell us why you are no longer a Seattle police officer. You didn't want to discuss it this morning, but you showed up around here about the same time the DOJ started cleaning house in Seattle where the police were using excessive violence as a regular practice, especially on drug busts and minorities. That included excessive force on individuals by multiple officers, even when the subject of their abuse was in restraints. They unnecessarily escalated otherwise nonviolent events. They frequently harassed pedestrians. Considering your body of posts here, along with your claim to be an ex vice cop from Seattle, I find it totally plausible to believe that your ex cop claim is connected to your abusive attitude toward certain minority groups. If you were eliminated from the force for abuse then maybe, just maybe, you are not the best authority on police procedure. And if you were removed because of your behavior, then whatever happened to the concept of taking personal responsibility for your actions. In Seattle, as well as in Ferguson, the police are reaping what they sowed.

And for whoever it was who claimed that Ferguson is 90% Black, it might help if you learn to read. Ferguson is 67% Black. The arrest and conviction rates are greatly disproportionate, and most Whites end up getting their charges dropped. I've stated it before; out of all the states I have been in, which is most of them, Missouri was the most precarious for minorities, Louisiana was second and Virginia fan a close third. Yet Missouri was the only one where we felt our two adopted youngest were in danger, and then it was twice in two stops while driving across the state in the daytime. No problems in Alabama or Tennessee, and we slept in tents in a park in Biloxi for three weeks after Katrina with no police presence. I have no doubts that the DOJ report is correct and any consequences are justified. Why is it that so many of you buy that harassment of Blacks is justified because of rule of law, yet you would give the lawbreaking cops a pass?

intojoy

BANNED
Banned

Yea, how about cutting him loose? Throw him a lifeline attached to nothing and wave bye

republicanchick

Of course this is an attempt to shame Ferguson, MO where the violent giant was gunned down in self defense as he tried to kill a police officer. Surely you remember.

The report says they hand out tickets to increase revenue. No kidding. This has been going on since I was driving and it likely goes on in every state in the union. It didn't start the day I got behind the wheel.

I thought u were going to go on about Blacks claiming discrimination b/c they get more tickets, get stopped for being Black or whatever..

well, it is not like that never happens...

It's just that in Ferguson, things went WAY too far... now businesses are GONE for good, from what I hear..

____

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
Of course this is an attempt to shame Ferguson, MO where the violent giant was gunned down in self defense as he tried to kill a police officer. Surely you remember.

The report says they hand out tickets to increase revenue. No kidding. This has been going on since I was driving and it likely goes on in every state in the union. It didn't start the day I got behind the wheel.
It is an attempt to document police racism. The statistics that have been revealed show that the Ferguson Police Department is racist.

The statistics are either accurate or false. You cannot have it both ways, Nick.

zoo22

Some of the Ferguson PD emails:

A November 2008 email stated that President Barack Obama would not be president for very long because "what black man holds a steady job for four years."

A March 2010 email mocked African-Americans through speech and familial stereotypes, using a story involving child support. One line from the email read: "I be so glad that dis be my last child support payment! Month after month, year after year, all dose payments!"

An April 2011 email depicted President Barack Obama as a chimpanzee.

A May 2011 email stated: "An African-American woman in New Orleans was admitted into the hospital for a pregnancy termination. Two weeks later she received a check for $5,000. She phoned the hospital to ask who it was from. The hospital said, 'Crimestoppers.'"

A June 2011 email described a man seeking to obtain "welfare" for his dogs because they are "mixed in color, unemployed, lazy, can't speak English and have no frigging clue who their Daddies are."

An October 2011 email included a photo of a bare-chested group of dancing women, apparently in Africa, with the caption, "Michelle Obama's High School Reunion."

source

But I think there must have been some sort of mix-up, because I'm pretty certain those are all TOL posts? :plain:

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
Some of the Ferguson PD emails:

But I think there must have been some sort of mix-up, because I'm pretty certain those are all TOL posts? :plain:
Unfortunately, I am afraid that readers of your post will not even understand your criticisms, let alone know how to respond to them in a reasonable way.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Quote: Originally posted by aCultureWarrior

You should see Sodomy and Gonorrhea North since the federal government slammed their iron fist down on the Seattle Police Department:

Heroin addicts shooting up in public doorways in the heart of the downtown business section, etc. etc. etc.

SPD and other cities are giving you liberals what you wanted and I love it, because there is nothing more satisfying that hearing a liberal who has just been mugged whiiiiiiiiine.

I cut you some slack this morning, but since you want to continue your, just doing their best, line, why not tell us why you are no longer a Seattle police officer. You didn't want to discuss it this morning, but you showed up around here about the same time the DOJ started cleaning house in Seattle where the police were using excessive violence as a regular practice, especially on drug busts and minorities. That included excessive force on individuals by multiple officers, even when the subject of their abuse was in restraints. They unnecessarily escalated otherwise nonviolent events. They frequently harassed pedestrians. Considering your body of posts here, along with your claim to be an ex vice cop from Seattle, I find it totally plausible to believe that your ex cop claim is connected to your abusive attitude toward certain minority groups. If you were eliminated from the force for abuse then maybe, just maybe, you are not the best authority on police procedure. And if you were removed because of your behavior, then whatever happened to the concept of taking personal responsibility for your actions. In Seattle, as well as in Ferguson, the police are reaping what they sowed.

Have you taken anything for your white liberal guilt Morphie?

And for whoever it was who claimed that Ferguson is 90% Black, it might help if you learn to read. Ferguson is 67% Black. The arrest and conviction rates are greatly disproportionate, and most Whites end up getting their charges dropped. I've stated it before; out of all the states I have been in, which is most of them, Missouri was the most precarious for minorities, Louisiana was second and Virginia fan a close third. Yet Missouri was the only one where we felt our two adopted youngest were in danger, and then it was twice in two stops while driving across the state in the daytime. No problems in Alabama or Tennessee, and we slept in tents in a park in Biloxi for three weeks after Katrina with no police presence. I have no doubts that the DOJ report is correct and any consequences are justified. Why is it that so many of you buy that harassment of Blacks is justified because of rule of law, yet you would give the lawbreaking cops a pass?

The only people that fear the police are criminals (liberals down deep inside are criminals).

Please tell us that you're no longer grieving over the deaths of your beloved "Saints" Trayvon Martin and Mikey Brown? Let it go Morphie, this HATRED of all things good will eat you up inside.

Back to federal consent decrees:

The LAPD consent-decree mess; more of the same ahead for other agencies as DOJ ramps up a campaign against police, author warns

The LA mess, Mac Donald predicts, is “what lies ahead” for other American law enforcement agencies. “The deputy attorney general who forced federal control on the LAPD” back in 2000 “was none other than Eric Holder, who now presides over a Justice Department determined to make the Los Angeles consent decree the model for its future oversight of police departments.”

Holder’s assistant attorney general for civil rights, Mac Donald says, has made clear that the DOJ intends to start pushing for federal takeovers of law enforcement agencies “much more aggressively” and has hired nine additional attorneys “to beef up his division’s search for alleged police agency racism and to sue agencies that don’t capitulate to federal demands.”
http://www.forcescience.org/fsnews/170.html

Some Chiefs Chafing as Justice Department Keeps Closer Eye on Policing

During Mr. Obama’s first term, the department initiated 15 investigations into troubled law enforcement agencies, almost twice the number carried out in the last four years of the Bush administration. While early investigations focused narrowly on the use of excessive force and racial profiling, recent inquiries have taken on a host of other issues, including the treatment of the mentally ill, the handling of sexual assault cases and unconscious bias of officers.

Last year, the department extended its purview further, announcing its intention to investigate a district attorney’s office over the handling of sexual assault cases. The Missoula County attorney, Fred Van Valkenburg, has so far declined to cooperate, arguing that under federal law, the Justice Department has no standing to investigate his office.

“In my mind, these people have never run into somebody who told them ‘no,' ” Mr. Van Valkenburg told an audience at a City Club Missoula luncheon in June. The National District Attorneys Association has sent a letter objecting to the investigation to Attorney General Eric H. Holder Jr.
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/07/28/u...rtment-keeps-closer-eye-on-policing.html?_r=0

What are your thoughts on a national police force Morphie?

Last edited:

zoo22

Granite

Hall of Fame
You mean cops act like racist fascist thugs and shake people down on a regular basis?:jawdrop:

Gee. Who woulda thunk it.:rolleyes:

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

Note the differences and the unprofessional behavior of the AG in his commentary compared to the findings.

DoJ Report said:
The evidence, when viewed as a whole, does not support the conclusion that Wilson’s uses of deadly force were “objectively unreasonable” under the Supreme Court’s definition. Accordingly, under the governing federal law and relevant
standards set forth in the USAM, it is not appropriate to present this matter to a federal grand jury for indictment, and it should therefore be closed without prosecution.

Although no eyewitnesses directly corroborate Wilson’s account of Brown’s attempt to gain control of the gun, there is no credible evidence to disprove Wilson’s account of what occurred inside the SUV. Some witnesses claim that Brown’s arms were never inside the SUV. However, as discussed later in this report, those witness accounts could not be relied upon in a prosecution because credible witness accounts and physical and forensic evidence, i.e. Brown’s
DNA inside the SUV and on Wilson’s shirt collar and the bullet trajectory and close-range gunshot wound to Brown’s hand, establish that Brown’s arms and/or torso were inside the SUV.

Brown ran at least 180 feet away from the SUV, as verified by the location of bloodstains on the roadway, which DNA analysis confirms was Brown’s blood. Brown then turned around and came back toward Wilson, falling to his death approximately 21.6 feet west of the blood in the roadway. Those witness accounts stating that Brown never moved back toward Wilson could not be relied upon in a prosecution because their accounts cannot be reconciled with the DNA bloodstain evidence and other credible witness accounts.

Although there are several individuals who have stated that Brown held his hands up in an unambiguous sign of surrender prior to Wilson shooting him dead, their accounts do not support a prosecution of Wilson. As detailed throughout this report, some of those accounts are inaccurate because they are inconsistent with the physical and forensic evidence; some of those accounts are materially inconsistent with that witness’s own prior statements with no explanation, credible for otherwise, as to why those accounts changed over time.

"Hands up, don't shoot" never happened. And we knew it didn't. And then you have Holder trying to incite a riot two days ago.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
"Just another excuse for the jb's to loot liquor stores."

:plain:

Most folks at TOL didn't have much of anything to say about that comment.

And of course aCW the cowardly internet warrior didn't have the guts to cop to what he meant by "the jb's." (He eventually blurted out "JABAN" and scurried away.)

Now let's talk about how white liberals like you and Morphie have enslaved the Black community with your white guilt complex.

Your liberal policies have broken up the family to the point where there are no fathers in the homes of the majority of Black families, so that crime runs rampant inside the Black community.

The floor is all yours zoo.

Morpheus

Quote: Originally posted by aCultureWarrior

You should see Sodomy and Gonorrhea North since the federal government slammed their iron fist down on the Seattle Police Department:

Heroin addicts shooting up in public doorways in the heart of the downtown business section, etc. etc. etc.

SPD and other cities are giving you liberals what you wanted and I love it, because there is nothing more satisfying that hearing a liberal who has just been mugged whiiiiiiiiine.

Have you taken anything for your white liberal guilt Morphie?

The only people that fear the police are criminals (liberals down deep inside are criminals).

Please tell us that you're no longer grieving over the deaths of your beloved "Saints" Trayvon Martin and Mikey Brown? Let it go Morphie, this HATRED of all things good will eat you up inside.

Back to federal consent decrees:

The LAPD consent-decree mess; more of the same ahead for other agencies as DOJ ramps up a campaign against police, author warns

The LA mess, Mac Donald predicts, is “what lies ahead” for other American law enforcement agencies. “The deputy attorney general who forced federal control on the LAPD” back in 2000 “was none other than Eric Holder, who now presides over a Justice Department determined to make the Los Angeles consent decree the model for its future oversight of police departments.”

Holder’s assistant attorney general for civil rights, Mac Donald says, has made clear that the DOJ intends to start pushing for federal takeovers of law enforcement agencies “much more aggressively” and has hired nine additional attorneys “to beef up his division’s search for alleged police agency racism and to sue agencies that don’t capitulate to federal demands.”
http://www.forcescience.org/fsnews/170.html

Some Chiefs Chafing as Justice Department Keeps Closer Eye on Policing

During Mr. Obama’s first term, the department initiated 15 investigations into troubled law enforcement agencies, almost twice the number carried out in the last four years of the Bush administration. While early investigations focused narrowly on the use of excessive force and racial profiling, recent inquiries have taken on a host of other issues, including the treatment of the mentally ill, the handling of sexual assault cases and unconscious bias of officers.

Last year, the department extended its purview further, announcing its intention to investigate a district attorney’s office over the handling of sexual assault cases. The Missoula County attorney, Fred Van Valkenburg, has so far declined to cooperate, arguing that under federal law, the Justice Department has no standing to investigate his office.

“In my mind, these people have never run into somebody who told them ‘no,' ” Mr. Van Valkenburg told an audience at a City Club Missoula luncheon in June. The National District Attorneys Association has sent a letter objecting to the investigation to Attorney General Eric H. Holder Jr.
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/07/28/u...rtment-keeps-closer-eye-on-policing.html?_r=0

What are your thoughts on a national police force Morphie?

Really burns you since you've been thrown off the Seattle force, huh? The DOJ took away your tin badge for beating up on gay people, dope-smokers and the mentally ill. What do you do for sport now? I guess all that's left is coming here to whine about how "the good 'ol day are going away. You sound no different than George Wallace did in the 60s or David Duke much later. Racism didn't die; it just moved to TOL. Bad cops losing their jobs is not a problem except to the bad cops who lose the jobs they never should have had in the first place. If you miss that income and lost your pension don't blame the DOJ; blame yourself for being a self-righteous bigot. And for my opinion of consent decrees, if a police force has cops like you, or those in Ferguson, then they obviously can not manage themselves properly, have become a greater problem than the criminals, and need temporary federal control.

Granite

Hall of Fame
Really burns you since you've been thrown off the Seattle force, huh? The DOJ took away your tin badge for beating up on gay people, dope-smokers and the mentally ill. What do you do for sport now? I guess all that's left is coming here to whine about how "the good 'ol day are going away. You sound no different than George Wallace did in the 60s or David Duke much later. Racism didn't die; it just moved to TOL. Bad cops losing their jobs is not a problem except to the bad cops who lose the jobs they never should have had in the first place. If you miss that income and lost your pension don't blame the DOJ; blame yourself for being a self-righteous bigot.

You're assuming he was ever a cop in the first place. I doubt it.

Morpheus

You're assuming he was ever a cop in the first place. I doubt it.

I thought the same myself. Then, a couple days ago, he started ranting about federal consent decrees, and listed about three cities, including Seattle. After it sunk in I started punting together his claims and pet gripes with the realization that the DOJ began proceedings against the Seattle PD in 2011 and the SPD went through federal restructuring and management beginning in 2013. It went something like this:

aCW Claims

Ex vice cop in Seattle
Hates homosexuals
Hates drug users
Not big on Blacks and hates Hispanics
Hates Holder, Obama and federal consent decrees
Join date at TOL Sept. 2011 with a lot of time on his hands

So I directly asked him if he was released from the Seattle PD, he refused to discuss it and got very defensive. I pressed again and he changed the subject. I even gave him several opportunities to deny it, but he wouldn't. When I considered all this it became quite plausible that he very well could have been a bad cop in a bad police department found guilty of excessive violence and abuse against people on the streets, minorities (homosexuals, Blacks and Hispanics), and the mentally ill. He very closely fits the profile of someone who would seek a position of authority that would allow him to gang up on the populations he hates, especially if he could place them in restraints first. Then considering how losing a job for doing such things often leads someone unwilling to take personal responsibility to blaming their victims, and those who dole out the consequences, his intense bitterness fits.

No, I also found it difficult to believe he was ever a good cop, but a very bad cop in a bad police department makes perfectly good sense, and the puzzle pieces fit.