Does man naturally have ability to Seek God ?

beloved57

When I say men naturally i mean the unregenerate man, in the flesh, never born again ? Can this person seek after the True and Living God ? The answer is NO !

Scripture makes that clear, that man naturally doesnt seek after God Rom 3:9-12

9 What then? are we better than they? No, in no wise: for we have before proved both Jews and Gentiles, that they are all under sin;
10 As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:
11There is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh after God.
12 They are all gone out of the way, they are together become unprofitable; there is none that doeth good, no, not one.

The word seekth here is related to and joined with Faith here Heb 11:1,6

Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.

Now the word seek here and the one in Rom 3:11 are the same greek word ekzeteo which means:

I seek out, seek out after, require.

to seek the favor of God, worship him

And believing Faith seeks after the True God. But because of our depravity by nature, we dont seek after God, nor have the ability to !

Epoisses

That's why Christ sent the Holy Spirit to reprove the world of sin, righteousness and a judgment to come - John 16:8

Natural, fallen and unregenerate man can seek God by the drawing of Christ thru the Holy Spirit. Only those who hunger and thirst after righteousness will be filled - Matt. 5:6.

I could defeat your Calvinist proof-texts with one hand tied behind my back.

Robert Pate

Banned
Calvinism is a denial of the Holy Spirit that convicts of sin and righteousness.

On the day of Pentecost 8,000 unregenerate Jews heard Peter's Gospel, believed and were saved, Acts 2:41 and Acts 4:4.

You have yet to give an explanation for this miraculous event.

"Faith comes by hearing and hearing by the word of God" which is the Gospel. Romans 10:17.

You are in darkness.

oatmeal

When I say men naturally i mean the unregenerate man, in the flesh, never born again ? Can this person seek after the True and Living God ? The answer is NO !

9 What then? are we better than they? No, in no wise: for we have before proved both Jews and Gentiles, that they are all under sin;
12 They are all gone out of the way, they are together become unprofitable; there is none that doeth good, no, not one.

Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.

Now the word seek here and the one in Rom 3:11 are the same greek word ekzeteo which means:

And believing Faith seeks after the True God. But because of our depravity by nature, we dont seek after God, nor have the ability to !

Yes they do. If not you would not be here. All humans have that capability. If they seek they shall find.

When someone anyone seeks for God they shall find

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
http://bible.knowing-jesus.com/topics/Seeking-God

Deuteronomy 4:29 - But if from thence thou shalt seek the LORD thy God, thou shalt find [him], if thou seek him with all thy heart and with all thy soul.

Proverbs 8:17 - I love them that love me; and those that seek me early shall find me.

Jeremiah 29:12-14 - Then shall ye call upon me, and ye shall go and pray unto me, and I will hearken unto you. (Read More...)

Matthew 7:7-8 - Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you: (Read More...)

1 Chronicles 16:11 - Seek the LORD and his strength, seek his face continually.

Lamentations 3:25 - The LORD [is] good unto them that wait for him, to the soul [that] seeketh him.

Isaiah 55:6-7 - Seek ye the LORD while he may be found, call ye upon him while he is near: (Read More...)

Psalms 119:10 - With my whole heart have I sought thee: O let me not wander from thy commandments.

Matthew 6:33 - But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.

Jeremiah 29:13 - And ye shall seek me, and find [me], when ye shall search for me with all your heart.

Hebrews 11:6 - But without faith [it is] impossible to please [him]: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and [that] he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.

Psalms 34:10 - The young lions do lack, and suffer hunger: but they that seek the LORD shall not want any good [thing].

Psalms 63:1 - (A Psalm of David, when he was in the wilderness of Judah.) O God, thou [art] my God; early will I seek thee: my soul thirsteth for thee, my flesh longeth for thee in a dry and thirsty land, where no water is;

Job 5:8-9 - I would seek unto God, and unto God would I commit my cause: (Read More...)

2 Chronicles 7:14 - If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

James 4:8 - Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you. Cleanse [your] hands, [ye] sinners; and purify [your] hearts, [ye] double minded.

Psalms 40:16 - Let all those that seek thee rejoice and be glad in thee: let such as love thy salvation say continually, The LORD be magnified.

Psalms 119:2 - Blessed [are] they that keep his testimonies, [and that] seek him with the whole heart.

Psalms 14:2 - The LORD looked down from heaven upon the children of men, to see if there were any that did understand, [and] seek God.

Psalms 9:10 - And they that know thy name will put their trust in thee: for thou, LORD, hast not forsaken them that seek thee.

Acts 17:26-27 - And hath made of one blood all nations of men for to dwell on all the face of the earth, and hath determined the times before appointed, and the bounds of their habitation; (Read More...)

https://www.kingjamesbibleonline.org/Bible-Verses-About-Seeking-God/
Deuteronomy 4:29 - But if from thence thou shalt seek the LORD thy God, thou shalt find [him], if thou seek him with all thy heart and with all thy soul.

Proverbs 8:17 - I love them that love me; and those that seek me early shall find me.

Jeremiah 29:12-14 - Then shall ye call upon me, and ye shall go and pray unto me, and I will hearken unto you. (Read More...)

Matthew 7:7-8 - Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you: (Read More...)

Lamentations 3:25 - The LORD [is] good unto them that wait for him, to the soul [that] seeketh him.

Isaiah 55:6-7 - Seek ye the LORD while he may be found, call ye upon him while he is near: (Read More...)

Psalms 119:10 - With my whole heart have I sought thee: O let me not wander from thy commandments.

Matthew 6:33 - But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.

Jeremiah 29:13 - And ye shall seek me, and find [me], when ye shall search for me with all your heart.

Hebrews 11:6 - But without faith [it is] impossible to please [him]: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and [that] he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.

Psalms 34:10 - The young lions do lack, and suffer hunger: but they that seek the LORD shall not want any good [thing].

Psalms 63:1 - (A Psalm of David, when he was in the wilderness of Judah.) O God, thou [art] my God; early will I seek thee: my soul thirsteth for thee, my flesh longeth for thee in a dry and thirsty land, where no water is;

Job 5:8-9 - I would seek unto God, and unto God would I commit my cause: (Read More...)

2 Chronicles 7:14 - If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

James 4:8 - Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you. Cleanse [your] hands, [ye] sinners; and purify [your] hearts, [ye] double minded.

Psalms 40:16 - Let all those that seek thee rejoice and be glad in thee: let such as love thy salvation say continually, The LORD be magnified.

Psalms 119:2 - Blessed [are] they that keep his testimonies, [and that] seek him with the whole heart.

Psalms 14:2 - The LORD looked down from heaven upon the children of men, to see if there were any that did understand, [and] seek God.

Psalms 9:10 - And they that know thy name will put their trust in thee: for thou, LORD, hast not forsaken them that seek thee.

Acts 17:26-27 - And hath made of one blood all nations of men for to dwell on all the face of the earth, and hath determined the times before appointed, and the bounds of their habitation; (Read More...)

beloved57

Calvinism is a denial of the Holy Spirit that convicts of sin and righteousness.

On the day of Pentecost 8,000 unregenerate Jews heard Peter's Gospel, believed and were saved, Acts 2:41 and Acts 4:4.

You have yet to give an explanation for this miraculous event.

"Faith comes by hearing and hearing by the word of God" which is the Gospel. Romans 10:17.

You are in darkness.

Denial of the Truth !

beloved57

http://bible.knowing-jesus.com/topics/Seeking-God

https://www.kingjamesbibleonline.org/Bible-Verses-About-Seeking-God/

Rom 3

Nanja

Absolutely correct Brother, scripture is clear that it's not possible for a spiritually dead person [unregenerate] to seek after the True God.

Rom. 3:11
There is none that undertandeth, there is none that seeketh after God.

Only after one is given a New Nature, born of the Spirit John 3:6 and given Faith Gal. 5:22, will they Seek after Intimacy with Christ, for it is the Spirit that creates in them a hunger and thirst for Him. These are the same ones given to Christ of The Father.

John 17:1-2

1 These words spake Jesus, and lifted up his eyes to heaven, and said, Father, the hour is come; glorify thy Son, that thy Son also may glorify thee:

2 As thou hast given him power over all flesh, that he should give eternal life to as many as thou hast given him.

musterion

man naturally doesnt seek after the True God Rom 3:11

11 There is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh after God.

Because, as Paul already established, they had EXCHANGED the undeniable truths of God for lies, so now, apart from revelation, there were none who sought after Him. But it was not always that way, Genesis 4:26.

And to Seth, to him also there was born a son; and he called his name Enos: then began men to call upon the name of the LORD.

beloved57

Man by nature cannot and does not have the ability to choose the True and Living God. God must be revealed to him, Christs very words declare this Matt 11:27

27 All things are delivered unto me of my Father: and no man knoweth the Son, but the Father; neither knoweth any man the Father, save the Son, and he to whomsoever the Son will reveal him.

Its Christs mission to give some, not all a True Spiritual knowledge of God Jn 17:2-3

2 As thou hast given him power over all flesh, that he should give eternal life to as many as thou hast given him.

3 And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.

No man by nature can or does know, choose, desire, or want, seeks the True God Rom 3:10-12

Nanja

Man by nature cannot and does not have the ability to choose the True and Living God. God must be revealed to him, Christs very words declare this Matt 11:27

27 All things are delivered unto me of my Father: and no man knoweth the Son, but the Father; neither knoweth any man the Father, save the Son, and he to whomsoever the Son will reveal him.

Its Christs mission to give some, not all a True Spiritual knowledge of God Jn 17:2-3

3 And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.

No man by nature can or does know, choose, desire, or want, seeks the True God Rom 3:10-12

Amen Brother, the ability to Know, Seek and Understand the True God comes to God's Elect by Christ
who gives Eternal Life specifically to them: All those Chosen /Given Him of the Father, for the Purpose of them
coming into a Saving and Spiritual Knowledge of the True God and relationship with Him:
The kind of Knowing that results in, and equates to Eternal Life !

beloved57

Amen Brother, the ability to Know, Seek and Understand the True God comes to God's Elect by Christ
who gives Eternal Life specifically to them: All those Chosen /Given Him of the Father, for the Purpose of them
coming into a Saving and Spiritual Knowledge of the True God and relationship with Him:
The kind of Knowing that results in, and equates to Eternal Life !
Amen, and in giving them Eternal Life He gives them the Spirit, by quickening them !

beloved57

See all men by nature are spiritually dead to the True God, yet he can be alive to false gods and religion. Man naturally can choose a god, an idol from his own imagination, but he cannot choose, seek after, desire the True God Rom 3:11

The word seek means :

1. to seek out, search for
  2. to seek out, i.e. investigate, scrutinise
  3. to seek out for one's self, beg, crave
  4. to demand back, require

Man doesnt do any of these things as it regards the True and Living God

And its no coincidence its the same word that characterizes True Faith in the True God Heb 11:6

6 But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.

Man naturally is at enmity against the True God in his mind , so he doesnt seek Him or desire Him Rom 8:7

7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.

Nanja

See all men by nature are spiritually dead to the True God, yet he can be alive to false gods and religion. Man naturally can choose a god, an idol from his own imagination, but he cannot choose, seek after, desire the True God Rom 3:11

The word seek means :

1. to seek out, search for
  2. to seek out, i.e. investigate, scrutinise
  3. to seek out for one's self, beg, crave
  4. to demand back, require

Man doesnt do any of these things as it regards the True and Living God

And its no coincidence its the same word that characterizes True Faith in the True God Heb 11:6

6 But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.

Man naturally is at enmity against the True God in his mind , so he doesnt seek Him or desire Him Rom 8:7

7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.
Amen exactly !

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
See all men by nature are spiritually dead to the True God, yet he can be alive to false gods and religion. Man naturally can choose a god, an idol from his own imagination, but he cannot choose, seek after, desire the True God

So a spiritually dead man can read a Quran and it be sufficient to show him what it taught in it, but the same dead man can read the Bible and it won't be sufficient to show him Christ?