ECT Does grace make void the "Ten Commandments"?

andyc

Amen! I am given to understand Romans 8 to be the Spiritual promised land. cf Deut 6:7-14.

Yes its living in Romans 8 where the fruit flows. Those who walk in the love of God have no concern for moral obligation. They become a walking example of true holiness and righteousness.

Cross Reference

Yes its living in Romans 8 where the fruit flows. Those who walk in the love of God have no concern for moral obligation. They become a walking example of true holiness and righteousness.

Yes! I wish the warfare would let up instead of getting worse.

DAN P

Do you think Paul would think so? What say you, MAD-ists?

Hi , so you are keeping the SABBATH DAY HOLY and never walking more than a day's journey from home and cook all your meals on Friday ?

Tell you do OR are you like the RCC and just Ignore them ??:bang::bang:

dan p

JosephR

Hi , so you are keeping the SABBATH DAY HOLY and never walking more than a day's journey from home and cook all your meals on Friday ?

Tell you do OR are you like the RCC and just Ignore them ??:bang::bang:

dan p

Why would Romans keep the Law?

Jews keep the Law, the complete 613 commandments... Why we are stuck on Ten Idk....

There are 7 laws for Gentiles and if they keep them they are assured a place in the world to come.the sabbath day is not included in the 7 but I " remember " it just like the commandment says... It's hard not to..

Grace members cannot sin, they are dead to it and are in rest everyday.

DAN P

Jews keep the Law, the complete 613 commandments... Why we are stuck on Ten Idk....

There are 7 laws for Gentiles and if they keep them they are assured a place in the world to come.the sabbath day is not included in the 7 but I " remember " it just like the commandment says... It's hard not to..

Hi and they believe in Rom 8 , but ignore Rom 13:9 , but notice the one that are missing , The Sabbath , and Loving God , WHY ?

Because we are in Christ , is the answer !!

dan p

Nang

TOL Subscriber
The moral standards of God are surely revealed in the Ten Commandments!

The first half of the Decalogue instructs love of God and the second half instructs love of fellow man.

Sound familiar?

Is this not how Jesus summarized all the Law of God?

Love God with all your heart mind and soul, and love your neighbor as yourself.

Cross Reference

Quote:
When did that happen?

Originally answered by Nang

The righteousness of Jesus Christ was imputed to His children when He worked their justification in His death and resurrection.

But His death Jesus made peace with God on behalf to the already justified righteous, either living or dead. Jesus didn’t have to call them to repentance unless you wish to hold to the mis-interpreted rendering of Rom.3:10 as being the situation. Then you are left with a dilemma that can’t be remedied by reform doctrine. BTW, Who are the “children” of Jesus you are alluding to?

Quote:
Some would say [I don't] that is works salvation. What do you say?

I do not believe in any kind of a "works salvation." Sinners are saved by grace, alone, and justified by faith, alone, *in the imputed righteousness of Jesus Christ, alone.

*in or “by”. Perhaps you mean to being saying the sinner is saved by placing his faith in Christ Jesus, alone? However, I asked about progressive sanctification or growing from Spiritual childhood to Spiritual son-ship in God by the purposed tutoring of the Holy Spirit per John 1:12 KJV. and also in his letters. Given John 17:3 I assumed you would consider that all to be classed as, works salvation. I don’t and call it the journey Home that only a born again Christian is able enter into.

Quote:
Do you know of any who have come to salvation by any so-called "drawing power" of the law? I don't.

John 6:44

But, where is it that the law has drawing power. It didn’t draw Paul and one might suppose it would, being the blameless man that he was. Lets add vs 45: and see what we might find: “It is written in the prophets, And they shall be all taught of God. Every man therefore that hath heard, and hath learned of the Father, cometh unto me. John 6:45 (KJV) Paul had heard/read the law and was proficient in keeping but, he had not learned the Father. Doesn’t give you pause? The only one who might come close would be Nicodemus.

Quote:
David was old covenant and God's promises OT/NT are all conditional.

All the sons of the first Adam are born into this world, under the Old Covenant of Works,

To what end, salvation or favor? cf Gen.4:7 KJV

but when God gifts them with faith to believe in Christ, they are brought under the better and New Covenant of Grace . . . Which I believe is totally unconditional.

There are too many “IF’s” in the Bible for God’s gifts to be unconditional. Why not look into that? Even redemption, a new foundation on which man is purposed to build upon his free new, redeemed, life is not without a caveat, i.e., one must be born again to even begin to built upon it. First, there is a covenant relationship that must be agreed upon by both parties. Only One of the parties paid the cost to bring it into existence, the other is offered it but is required to count the cost he must pay to satisfy the agreement. There is can be no compromising in this. Once signed is it consummated and sealed. Break it on penalty of death.

In addition man being given a freewill, from birth is man “gifted” a measure of faith to believe for God in his life. However, because God wants sons and not sons by coercion, God also subjected man to vanity that placed upon him a responsibility for his choices. A subjection to purposed to be lifted had Adam had ‘made the cut’ in the obedience department. He didn’t and by failure, the subjection became a bondage, a venue for sin that would continually couch at his door, waiting for an opening to his soul Gen 4:7 KJV.

So we can easily see from the above that, if correct, everything God offered man was in promise form. It had to be that way for God to bring “many sons unto glory” as the vast family He longed for with the “Word” as the center piece of this new glorified creation. He would continue to favor His children into sonship and even into begetting fathers, full of the Holy Ghost in/by their obedience to His commands and chastisement as a loving Father until of age and adoption [translation].

Quote:
To deny God's words is to deny Him.

The same can be said about Jesus Who is NOW the “Word” and center piece as mentioned above. Jesus lived by the written word of God to arrive safely to His eternal destination in the Godhead. If we are swerious about Him we should secure to ourselves the same words he lived by __new mss notwithstanding.

Quote:
OMT: Please accept my apology for my shortsightedness_ rudeness.

Thank you, but not really necessary. It is easy to misunderstand each other on these imperfect forums.

Thank you, however, I knew what I was doing and I was wrong in my disposition.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
from birth is man “gifted” a measure of faith to believe for God in his life.

I heartily disagree with this.

Adam exhibited no faith in the words and promises of God given to him, prior to his fall, and no man since the fall exhibits inherent faith in God.

Faith only comes from the grace of God, as a gift. (Ephesians 2:8-9)

There is NO scripture that says otherwise. None.

The same can be said about Jesus Who is NOW the “Word” and center piece as mentioned above.

Jesus Christ has always been the WORD.

Jesus lived by the written word of God to arrive safely to His eternal destination in the Godhead.

No . . Jesus manifested God the Son; the Word; the Logos of God, in His flesh. Nothing less than this is orthodox and biblical belief.

God the Son was generated eternally within the Godhead. His status as only begotten and eternally Son, was not earned or worked in time, but is everlasting reality and fact.

Do some research and study on the "Eternal Generation of God the Son." Please.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned

that's right - :patrol:

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
The way you presented your point was to imply that the law is bad.

This was a contradiction LOL
On the one hand you're agreeing with punishment for moral failure, which is the judicial aspect of the law, and then you say it has nothing to do with the 10 commandments. What does the word "commandment" mean?

And this was also nonsense.

max is beyond thunderdome - he should stick to listening and agreeing, because when he starts explaining things, it really negates anything good that was there. it's amazing when folks get "all worked up" about their WRONG interpretations. one man and a Bible, isn't always a good thing - :patrol:

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hi and they believe in Rom 8 , but ignore Rom 13:9 , but notice the one that are missing , The Sabbath , and Loving God , WHY ?

Because the commandments that Paul listed were about love toward neighbor. Also Paul didn't mention honor to parents. Should parents be honored?

Cross Reference

1 John 1:8 (KJV)
8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.

Translation #1 If we say we have no connection to Adam's transgression, the truth is not in us.

Translation #2 If we say have NOT sinned, we have been deceived and the Spirit of Christ is not in us.

Translation #3 If we say the Atonement canceled out the act of sin and we are forgiven of all sins past, present and future, we have been sold a bill of goods revealing our stupidity for buying such a fabric-ation and need to repent..

Old man

Do you think Paul would think so? What say you, MAD-ists?

NO! To claim that is no more than cherry-picking grace verses as if they make the rest of the New Testament as set aside by grace.

Within the link ALL Ten Commandments are either quoted or referenced as the Way of DO or DO NOT from the Word of God in the New Testament as the Way of Christian Life for us today.

www.truthontheweb.org/nt10com.htm

If those of the Antinomian persuasion would be honest with themselves they would realize that it is the Fourth Commandment which brings forth the objection and all of the lies that have been put forth against the keeping the Ten Commandments and their not being relevant in the Christian Way.

How many of the Ten Commandments do you find in Rev.21:8 and 22:15 which the breaking of will bring the death penalty upon those who willingly do so? Grace did not or does not set aside the keeping of the Ten Commandments of God.