ECT Does grace make void the "Ten Commandments"?

MAD Max

BANNED
Banned
Do you think Paul would think so? What say you, MAD-ists?

Eph 2:15 Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace

Rom 10:4 For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to every one that believeth

2 Cor 3:11 For if that which is done away was glorious, much more that which remaineth is glorious.

Gal 2:19 For I through the law am dead to the law, that I might live unto God.

Rom 7:6 But now we are delivered from the law, that being dead wherein we were held; that we should serve in newness of spirit, and not in the oldness of the letter.

Cross Reference

Eph 2:15 Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace

Rom 10:4 For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to every one that believeth

2 Cor 3:11 For if that which is done away was glorious, much more that which remaineth is glorious.

Rom 7:6 But now we are delivered from the law, that being dead wherein we were held; that we should serve in newness of spirit, and not in the oldness of the letter.

Thank you but, that really doesn't answer the question. If you study Jesus you will see His life demonstrated the "Ten Commandments". All one has to do is read them and think of Him.

MAD Max

BANNED
Banned
Thank you but, that really doesn't answer the question. If you study Jesus you will see His life demonstrated the "Ten Commandments". All one has to do is read them and think of Him.
Jesus was born under the Law and taught under the Law, to redeem those who are under the Law.

The verses I gave you fully support that position and fully answer your opening question. Sorry that you cannot or will not see it.

Those in Christ (believers; saved) are not under the Law, but under grace.

Any other objections you have are to promote a false gospel, nothing else.

Cross Reference

Jesus was born under the Law and taught under the Law, to redeem those who are under the Law.

The verses I gave you fully support that position and fully answer your opening question. Sorry that you cannot or will not see it.

Those in Christ (believers; saved) are not under the Law, but under grace.

Any other objections you have are to promote a false gospel, nothing else.

HEY!! This is NOT about salvation!!!!

Nang

TOL Subscriber
The Law of God is eternal.

The New Covenant, performed by Jesus Christ, frees believers from the condemnation of the Law, and blesses them with the "Third Use of the Law" which becomes their guide into holy living.

Christians are not saved by keeping the Law, for Jesus Christ kept all the Law perfectly, for them and in their stead in His office as Mediator. He did for them what they could never do for themselves, freeing them from obligation to the letter of the Law.

His righteousness imputed to them, frees them to rest in Him and enjoy the spirit of the Law which will conform them to His image.

The Law of God is morally good and loved by the Christian.

Read Psalm 119 to see how the heart of a believer in the Savior, loves and desires to follow the holy commands and Law of God.

For the Law is synonymous with the Word of God; and the Word is God.

Cross Reference

The New Covenant, performed by Jesus Christ, frees believers from the condemnation of the Law, and blesses them with the "Third Use of the Law" which becomes their guide into holy living.

Christians are not saved by keeping the Law, for Jesus Christ kept all the Law perfectly, for them and in their stead in His office as Mediator. He did for them what they could never do for themselves, freeing them from obligation to the letter of the Law.

His righteousness imputed to them, frees them to rest in Him and enjoy the spirit of the Law which will conform them to His image.

Read Psalm 119 to see how the heart of a believer in the Savior, loves and desires to follow the holy commands and Law of God.

<another one>

This is NOT about salvation!!!!

Name one of the ten that is not applicable to the life of a Christian __ especially one who is serious about knowing God?

MAD Max

BANNED
Banned
The Bible says that the Law is made. The Law is not God (as you suggest). Only God is eternal.

Blasphemy, and a false gospel. Those in Christ are released from the Law, for they walk by faith, not by Law. The Law is NOT of faith. Gal 3:12 KJV

Christians have no relationship with the Law. Those who say they do, do not know Jesus.

Believers HAVE BEEN conformed to His image. To say they "will be", is to preach a false gospel and a false Jesus.

The Law of God is made for the unrighteous. Those who use the Law to live by it use it unlawfully, and are in fact Pharisees and Judaizers.

David was under the Law. You are reading someone else's mail, and preaching another gospel. Paul says that you are to be accursed. In other words, Paul says that you are to be damned to hell.

Jesus is the Word of God. You worship the Law as God, and are in fact a child of Satan.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
<another one>

This is NOT about salvation!!!!

Name one of the ten that is not applicable to the life of a Christian __ especially one who is serious about knowing God?

Not what I said at all . . .

All the moral commands are eternal and applicable to the Christian's life, as their holy guide to be holy as God is holy.

No one is saved by keeping the Law, but after being saved by grace, we are freed to love the holy Law of God which leads us into a life of willing obedience.

You would do better to read others' posts more carefully before you automatically argue.

MAD Max

BANNED
Banned
All the moral commands are eternal and applicable to the Christian's life, as their holy guide to be holy as God is holy.
You just said that the way for Christian's to be holy as God is holy is through obedience to the Law. You not only don't understand what holiness is, but you equate holiness with behavior. You just made God subject to the Law in order to be "Holy". You have now called the Law greater than God.

Cross Reference

No one is saved by keeping the Law, but after being saved by grace, we are freed to love the holy Law of God which leads us into a life of willing obedience.

You would do better to read others' posts more carefully before you automatically argue.

Well, don't begin your reply with a salvation message. What you are reading from me is frustration with you people who don't seem to be able to get beyond the issue salvation to move on in Christ and the intentions of God. There is more to Christ Jesus than escaping hell and waiting to die for heaven to happen. How did Jesus Christ relate to the Ten Commandments? What are they for if not for us to live out in His Name? How we do that unless we are born again?

Cross Reference

You just said that the way for Christian's to be holy as God is holy is through obedience to the Law. You not only don't understand what holiness is, but you equate holiness with behavior. You just made God subject to the Law in order to be "Holy". You have now called the Law greater than God.

See what I mean, Nang??

Nang

TOL Subscriber
'
The Bible says that the Law is made. The Law is not God (as you suggest). Only God is eternal.

The Law is the spoken and written commands of God. Matthew 24:35

Blasphemy, and a false gospel. Those in Christ are released from the Law, for they walk by faith, not by Law. The Law is NOT of faith. Gal 3:12 KJV

Jesus Christ as Mediator, sinlessly kept all the Law, by faith on behalf of the sons of God, to whom His faithful righteousness under the Law was imputed.

Christians have no relationship with the Law. Those who say they do, do not know Jesus.

Bah. That is the same as saying Christians do not love the words of a God and harbor no desire to obey God's moral commands.

Believers HAVE BEEN conformed to His image. To say they "will be", is to preach a false gospel and a false Jesus.

Sanctification and conformance to the image of God is a lifelong process; fully realized only in glory.

The Law of God is made for the unrighteous. Those who use the Law to live by it use it unlawfully, and are in fact Pharisees and Judaizers.

Such is one purpose of the Law, but the Law also draws God's chosen to their need of the Savior, and after being saved by grace, the redeemed live in the holy guidance of the Law.

David was under the Law. You are reading someone else's mail, and preaching another gospel.

David was saved by the grace of God and brought into new covenant with God, as are all believers in God's promises.

Paul says that you are to be accursed. In other words, Paul says that you are to be damned to hell.

Really? Chapter and verse, please.

Jesus is the Word of God.

Right . . . and the Law is the words of God, and the Word is God.

You worship the Law as God, and are in fact a child of Satan.

So you say . . . But I testify that I am a child of God and I love His holy commands.

keypurr

I agree with you friend, the Law is holy and Good. The Ten were never abolished. And it is by grace we are saved not the law. But the law is written in our hearts for it is God's will that we please him out of love for him and his creations.

keypurr

Gal 3:24 Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith.

Rom 6:15 What then? shall we sin, because we are not under the law, but under grace? God forbid.

Rom 7:7 What shall we say then? Is the law sin? God forbid. Nay, I had not known sin, but by the law: for I had not known lust, except the law had said, Thou shalt not covet.

Rom 7:22 For I delight in the law of God after the inward man:
Rom 7:23 But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members.
Rom 7:24 O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death?
Rom 7:25 I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.

MAD Max

BANNED
Banned
The Law is the spoken and written commands of God. Matthew 24:35
Yep, and was made for the unrighteous. But you think Paul is a false prophet.

1 Tim 1:9 Knowing this, that the law is not made for a righteous man, but for the lawless and disobedient, for the ungodly and for sinners, for unholy and profane, for murderers of fathers and murderers of mothers, for manslayers

The law of commandments were abolished in His flesh.

He is the end of the Law for righteousness

Paul is saying that believers have no relationship with the Law, for it has ended for them.

The Law has been "done away", for faith. The Law is NOT of faith.

Believers are dead to the Law. Those who look to the Law to be "holy" are dead to God.

Believers are released from the Law. Paul just said so. YOU, and all Satan worshipers want to put believers back into bondage to the Law.

Bah. That is the same as saying Christians do not love the words of a God and harbor no desire to obey God's moral commands.
Christian say what Paul said about the Law being holy, and just, and good, and that it's purpose is to expose men as sinners so that they will come to Christ by faith. You reject this for an anti-Christ message.

Sanctification and conformance to the image of God is a lifelong process; fully realized only in glory.
Blasphemy. Believers ARE the righteousness of God in Christ 2 Cor 5:21. They HAVE BEEN made as righteous as Jesus, by grace through faith. They are complete in Him Col 2:10. You cannot improve upon completion.
You know nothing of God, His Son, or the gospel.

Such is one purpose of the Law, but the Law also draws God's chosen to their need of the Savior, and after being saved by grace, the redeemed live in the holy guidance of the Law.
Blasphemy. Already gave you Paul's words that expose you as a demon possessed liar.

David was saved by the grace of God and brought into new covenant with God, as are all believers in God's promises.
David was looking forward to the Seed, but had not received the promise Heb 11:39

Really? Chapter and verse, please.
Gal 1:8-9