ECT Does grace make void the "Ten Commandments"?

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Of course you agree with her, you claim that Jesus is NOT God. So you are both deceived, deceiving, and hell-bound.

yes. i gave up on keypurr and oatmeal and squeaky - no i haven't, but i don't have the face to face opportunity to help them - you remind me of my dear friend john - :patrol:

keypurr

Of course you agree with her, you claim that Jesus is NOT God. So you are both deceived, deceiving, and hell-bound.

Can you give me a verse that says Jesus is God?

Jesus told you that his Father is the only true God.
Why do you not believe him?

Nang disagrees with me on most things MM. We mark the calendar when we find something to agree on.

I suggest you open your mind to see what others have to say before you post.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
Dave,

I do not think Paul was a false prophet.

I do think you are an Antinomian.

And if you think I am truly a child of Satan, why do you supposedly soil your superior purity by reading my posts and get yourself so worked up?

keypurr

yes. i gave up on keypurr and oatmeal and squeaky - no i haven't, but i don't have the face to face opportunity to help them - you remind me of my dear friend john - :patrol:

Never stop learning my friend, we all need to do that. Even after seventy years of reading scripture I still learn.

oatmeal

Eph 2:15 Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace

Rom 10:4 For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to every one that believeth

2 Cor 3:11 For if that which is done away was glorious, much more that which remaineth is glorious.

Gal 2:19 For I through the law am dead to the law, that I might live unto God.

Rom 7:6 But now we are delivered from the law, that being dead wherein we were held; that we should serve in newness of spirit, and not in the oldness of the letter.

Good choice of scriptures to answer his question

Cross Reference

'

The Law is the spoken and written commands of God. Matthew 24:35

Yes!

Jesus Christ as Mediator,

No, unless you mean now.

sinlessly kept all the Law,

Yes!

by faith on behalf of the sons of God,

Huh??

to whom His faithful righteousness under the Law was imputed.

When did that happen?

Sanctification and conformance to the image of God is a lifelong process; fully realized only in glory.

Some would say [I don't] that is works salvation. What do you say?

Such is one purpose of the Law, but the Law also draws God's chosen to their need of the Savior, and after being saved by grace, the redeemed live in the holy guidance of the Law.

Do you know of any who have come to salvation by any so-called "drawing power" of the law? I don't.

David was saved by the grace of God and brought into new covenant with God, as are all believers in God's promises.
Can't be. Couldn't happen. None of that is accurate. Reconciliation with God was impossible. Think about it because David was old covenant and God's promises OT/NT are all conditional.

Right . . . and the Law is the words of God, and the Word is God.

I believe that is accurate. To deny God's words is to deny Him. The same can be said about Jesus Who is NOW the Word made Divine flesh. Jesus lived by the written word of God.

OMT: Please accept my apology for my shortsightedness_ rudeness. . . :(

keypurr

Yes, but you will trample on it, as you do His shed blood.

Give it your best shot MM.

There is only one most high God, and Jesus has a God.
What does that tell you?

Jesus was a man, the flesh son of God.

The true son is Christ, the spiritual son who was at the creation.
Christ is the express image of the Father, that means Christ was/is a spirit until he took the form of man.

MAD Max

BANNED
Banned
Dave,

I do not think Paul was a false prophet.
Then perhaps you should stop endorsing those who do, and calling them "the early church".

I do think you are an Antinomian.
So is God. You know that there is no Biblical support for your use of that term, correct? God is against Law for righteousness, and for Law to lead us to Christ. As am I.

In fact, you are for Law to be holy, which makes you anti-Christ, because men are made holy by being in Christ. God chose those in Christ to be holy before the foundation of the world Eph 1:4 It's a gift, not a "process".

And if you think I am truly a child of Satan, why do you supposedly soil your superior purity by reading my posts and get yourself so worked up?
For the same reason Jesus shut the mouths of demons. You need to be exposed for what you truly are.

Cross Reference

Yep, and was made for the unrighteous. But you think Paul is a false prophet.

1 Tim 1:9 Knowing this, that the law is not made for a righteous man, but for the lawless and disobedient, for the ungodly and for sinners, for unholy and profane, for murderers of fathers and murderers of mothers, for manslayers

The law of commandments were abolished in His flesh.

Eph 2:15 Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace

He is the end of the Law for righteousness

Rom 10:4 For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to every one that believeth

Paul is saying that believers have no relationship with the Law, for it has ended for them.

2 Cor 3:11 For if that which is done away was glorious, much more that which remaineth is glorious.

The Law has been "done away", for faith. The Law is NOT of faith.

Gal 2:19 For I through the law am dead to the law, that I might live unto God.

Believers are dead to the Law. Those who look to the Law to be "holy" are dead to God.

Rom 7:6 But now we are delivered from the law, that being dead wherein we were held; that we should serve in newness of spirit, and not in the oldness of the letter.

Believers are released from the Law. Paul just said so. YOU, and all Satan worshipers want to put believers back into bondage to the Law.

Christian say what Paul said about the Law being holy, and just, and good, and that it's purpose is to expose men as sinners so that they will come to Christ by faith. You reject this for an anti-Christ message.

Blasphemy. Believers ARE the righteousness of God in Christ 2 Cor 5:21. They HAVE BEEN made as righteous as Jesus, by grace through faith. They are complete in Him Col 2:10. You cannot improve upon completion.
You know nothing of God, His Son, or the gospel.

Blasphemy. Already gave you Paul's words that expose you as a demon possessed liar.

David was looking forward to the Seed, but had not received the promise Heb 11:39

Gal 1:8-9
Ok,ok,ok! So you don't believe the Ten Commandments are any longer relevant for your kind of Christian doctrine sinner__ whoever he may be. Now about being gracious and move on so the water has a chance to clear up?..

Cross Reference

Then perhaps you should stop endorsing those who do, and calling them "the early church".

So is God. You know that there is no Biblical support for your use of that term, correct? God is against Law for righteousness, and for Law to lead us to Christ. As am I.

In fact, you are for Law to be holy, which makes you anti-Christ, because men are made holy by being in Christ. God chose those in Christ to be holy before the foundation of the world Eph 1:4 It's a gift, not a "process".

For the same reason Jesus shut the mouths of demons. You need to be exposed for what you truly are.

You don't have a clue, bub. I would change churches, if you are in one. BTW, Throw away your commentaries too.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
Nang said:
When did that happen?

The righteousness of Jesus Christ was imputed to His children when He worked their justification in His death and resurrection.

Some would say [I don't] that is works salvation. What do you say?

I do not believe in any kind of a "works salvation." Sinners are saved by grace, alone, and justified by faith, alone, in the imputed righteousness of Jesus Christ, alone.

Do you know of any who have come to salvation by any so-called "drawing power" of the law? I don't.

John 6:44

David was old covenant and God's promises OT/NT are all conditional.

All the sons of the first Adam are born into this world, under the Old Covenant of Works, but when God gifts them with faith to believe in Christ, they are brought under the better and New Covenant of Grace . . . Which I believe is totally unconditional.

To deny God's words is to deny Him. The same can be said about Jesus Who is NOW the Word made Divine flesh. Jesus lived by the written word of God.

Amen.

OMT: Please accept my apology for my shortsightedness_ rudeness.

Thank you, but not really necessary. It is easy to misunderstand each other on these imperfect forums.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
As you are a child of Satan, you will scoff at Jesus own words when he said He is God.

"He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be my son." Rev 21:7

What? Are you claiming we are children of Jesus? Are you claiming that the church will marry their father?

That's against the law.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid, yea, we establish the law. (Romans 3:31)​