Does Calvinism Make God Unjust?

glorydaz

You apparently have not been around long enough to make such an unsupportable statement. I need not take the time to reach back in years gone by to provide plenty of evidence to the contrary. Nowadays at least there is active moderation attempts to reduce the number of misquotes, quote forgery, etc. Such was not always the case here and about. Those are the facts that you have not sought out.

The partial quote in question was lifted absent the surrounding context from a more thorough discussion of the fact that evil exists and that our very good God has a morally sufficient purpose for evil. Avail yourself of more studied treatments, for example here. There is nothing good about evil qua evil except for what God is able to do with it in our lives and for His own glory. As we know from Genesis 50, God wills righteously what men do wickedly.

The posted video is but one of many examples of juvenile approaches to sacred topics using dishonest quote-mining, something that happens often in the anti-Calvinist threads here and at most discussion sites. It is akin to making a video using the same silly tactics that begins, "Judas went out and hanged himself...go thou and do likewise". Some here have even taken the quote-mining nonsense to new levels thinking they have discovered defeaters for that which they argue against. All they are doing is giving evidence to their own desperation. Tambora's motivation for posting the video was but to toady to the mob and hold me up to ridicule. I have tried not to think about the actual time and effort that was required, all the while chuckling to one's self along the way, for a person to seek out and post such an item. It grieves me personally and for the woman who thinks this sort of action somehow enriches the discussion. Does anyone honestly think this behavior is exemplary of being a good steward of the time God has granted us for seeking a greater knowledge of Him (
Ephesians 5:15; Ecclesiastes 11:9; Mark 12:30)?

Like I have often observed, when one is unable or has nothing substantive to contribute to a discussion, things like the above are the default diversionary approach, hoping to cover up one's inadequacies. I only wish that persons who have nothing to say would cease giving us ample evidence of it. ;)

AMR

It's odd that I understood the point you were making from that partial quote. Honestly, I didn't find it offensive to you in any way. It's the WHY evil is allowed that can be food for discussion.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
It's odd that I understood the point you were making from that partial quote. Honestly, I didn't find it offensive to you in any way. It's the WHY evil is allowed that can be food for discussion.

No . . evil is judgment from God that is consequential to sin.

All those horrible pictures are the result of sin and the wickedness (total depravity) of men.

Want to see the reality of sin . . look at this horrible video.

Want to see holiness . . don't look at this horrible video, but pick up your bible and read God's Word and promises instead.

God is just and righteous to inflict these judgments upon ungodly souls, which constitute most of mankind. Romans 3:9-20

Nang

TOL Subscriber
I reported it, too.

Good.

I really think the Mods and Knight should weigh in on this matter and explain their reasons if they do not take it down. How can they continue to allow anti-Calvinists to promote AMR advocating such horror by manipulating his beliefs?

He is owed an apology, IMO.

glorydaz

No . . evil is judgment from God that is consequential to sin.

All those horrible pictures are the result of sin and the wickedness (total depravity) of men.

Want to see the reality of sin . . look at this horrible video.

Want to see holiness . . don't look at this horrible video, but pick up your bible and read God's Word and promises instead.

God is just and righteous to inflict these judgments upon ungodly souls, which constitute most of mankind. Romans 3:9-20

Oh, so if we don't look at evil, it can't touch us. Ignorance is bliss.

Instead of sitting home reading your Bible, you should go out and grab one of those evil ones and preach the Gospel to him. Never forget....before you were saved (if you've been saved), you were evil, too.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
Oh, so if we don't look at evil, it can't touch us. Ignorance is bliss.

Instead of sitting home reading your Bible, you should go out and grab one of those evil ones and preach the Gospel to him. Never forget....before you were saved (if you've been saved), you were evil, too.

The differences between you and me are stark.

I cringe when I look back on my sins. You seem to advocate sinners wallowing in their depravity.

That is sick . . .

And it sure ain't Christian.

glorydaz

Good.

I really think the Mods and Knight should weigh in on this matter and explain their reasons if they do not take it down. How can they continue to allow anti-Calvinists to promote AMR advocating such horror by manipulating his beliefs?

What? You don't want people to see the results of sin and wickedness. It would actually be a great tool for preaching the Gospel. Show them why Jesus went to the cross for them.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
What? You don't want people to see the results of sin and wickedness. It would actually be a great tool for preaching the Gospel. Show them why Jesus went to the cross for them.

I don't want to see God being blamed for sin, and Reformers wrongfully accused of so teaching, which is the motive for the video.

Eagles Wings

Good.

Agree 100%

Nang

TOL Subscriber
But you tell us that God created some men to suffer in hell.....without a chance to be saved. Looks to me like you're the one blaming God for sin.

I put any dummie who calls me a "she dog" on ignore.

So there will be no further responses forthcoming.

Eagles Wings

You apparently have not been around long enough to make such an unsupportable statement. I need not take the time to reach back in years gone by to provide plenty of evidence to the contrary. Nowadays at least there is active moderation attempts to reduce the number of misquotes, quote forgery, etc. Such was not always the case here and about. Those are the facts that you have not sought out.

The partial quote in question was lifted absent the surrounding context from a more thorough discussion of the fact that evil exists and that our very good God has a morally sufficient purpose for evil. Avail yourself of more studied treatments, for example here. There is nothing good about evil qua evil except for what God is able to do with it in our lives and for His own glory. As we know from Genesis 50, God wills righteously what men do wickedly.

The posted video is but one of many examples of juvenile approaches to sacred topics using dishonest quote-mining, something that happens often in the anti-Calvinist threads here and at most discussion sites. It is akin to making a video using the same silly tactics that begins, "Judas went out and hanged himself...go thou and do likewise". Some here have even taken the quote-mining nonsense to new levels thinking they have discovered defeaters for that which they argue against. All they are doing is giving evidence to their own desperation. Tambora's motivation for posting the video was but to toady to the mob and hold me up to ridicule. I have tried not to think about the actual time and effort that was required, all the while chuckling to one's self along the way, for a person to seek out and post such an item. It grieves me personally and for the woman who thinks this sort of action somehow enriches the discussion. Does anyone honestly think this behavior is exemplary of being a good steward of the time God has granted us for seeking a greater knowledge of Him (
Ephesians 5:15; Ecclesiastes 11:9; Mark 12:30)?

Like I have often observed, when one is unable or has nothing substantive to contribute to a discussion, things like the above are the default diversionary approach, hoping to cover up one's inadequacies. I only wish that persons who have nothing to say would cease giving us ample evidence of it. ;)

AMR
A hearty, amen!