Does Calvinism Make God Unjust?

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
Clete, if all thing we're created through Jesus and for Jesus. Who created them through him and for him?
If you paid attention, I intentionally highlighted where the text says explicitly that BY HIM all things were created.

God created the universe for Himself and it was God the Son that the creating was done through.

There is only one God, Marhig. We are not given sufficient detail to understand the triune nature of God but we are told enough to understand that the One God exists in three persons, God the Father, God the Son & God the Holy Spirit. But the three are ONE GOD. And so your question is a non-sequitur. It could only come out of the mouth of an unbeliever.

And God is reconciling and saving through Christ. Everything is done through him.

2 Corinthians 5

And all things are of God, who hath reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ,and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation; To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.

Jesus was begotten of the father, meaning the father came before him and he has come from God and is born of God, not that he is God! He is the only begotten son of God and he's in his express image
This applies to Jesus the man, yes. There was no Jesus before Mary conceived Him in her womb by the Holy Spirit but God the Son was with God and was God in the beginning and the became flesh and took on the name, Jesus. This also was directly quoted in my post and could not be more explicitly stated by the text of John chapter 1. Why do you ignore that explicit teaching, the clearest possible, directly stated teaching of the bible? What's the point?

Hebrews 1

God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets,

Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things by whom also he made the worlds;

Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high;"

It's Gods glory through Jesus and God glorifies Christ. Jesus is in the express image of God's person and Jesus Christ had Gods power, Because God was in him in fullness of the spirit because Jesus Christ laid down his life and did the will of God not his own will, to bring us back, thus he is our saviour. Saving us from flesh, sin and the world through a new and living way.
Amen! Thank you for finally conceding the debate!

How else am I supposed to respond to what you just said here?

I understand that you are making some sort of distinction between Jesus and God but it contrived and I think now that you know it's contrived (intuitively). I mean any child can understand that God the Son did not go by the name Jesus before He was born of a human woman but that doesn't mean that God the Son didn't exist prior to that event. The bible states in no uncertain terms that God became man and that the Logos of God both existed with God and was God in the beginning and that He made everything that was made.

And look at this verse

1 John 5:1

Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: and every one that loveth him that begat loveth him also that is begotten of him.

So God begat Jesus
Quite so.

Only a moron would need to have such a verse quoted to him. No one here is denying that Jesus was begotten of the Father.

Hebrews 1:5

For unto which of the angels said he at any time, Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee? And again, I will be to him a Father, and he shall be to me a Son?

God begat Jesus but Jesus was begotten of him! God is the father and Jesus is the son, son of God not God the son!
John chapter 1

Nothing else needs to be said to refute you.

And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth.

Jesus is the word of God because that's all he speaks, Gods word because he is the Christ. The anointed of God. If Jesus is the Christ, then there must be a God above him to anoint him, if he was God, then he would not have needed to be anointed because he would be God!

It says in the Bible, God exhalted Jesus, and the Christ is under subjection to him and that God is his head of Christ and that God is the God of Jesus. i can see so much in the new testament pointing God being the God of Jesus Christ that I have to believe it. And I believe Jesus when he says that Gods his God!
Jesus the man submitted Himself to obedience to the Father, even unto death. That does not mean that He wasn't also God. You simply desire to deny the triune nature of God.

Thank the Lord Himself that He was wise enough to have placed John chapter 1 and Colossians chapter 1 in the Bible.

I don't understand people like you. I really don't. Why do you even care to be a Christian at all if you aren't going to accept its teachings on things that are not disputable? I mean, if you wanted to dispute dispensationalism, that would be one thing, because well-meaning people of good conscience could honestly come to different conclusions concerning issues as complex as that but this is not one of those kinds of issues. The bible claims explicitly that Jesus is the incarnation He who created all things. It also undeniably teaches that there is only One Creator.

Further, Jesus' death is sufficient to pay the sin debt of the human race precisely because He is God. If Jesus is not God then His death was that of a mere man. Even if that man was sinless and perfectly innocent, His death would only have been sufficient to pay for a single other person's sin debt. One man's life is not worth that of millions or billions or even trillions of others unless that Man was God in the flesh, which Jesus was. God is just. He cannot pay for a thing with less than what it's worth. To do so would relegate the gospel to some sort of arbitrary act of God that is more sadistic than just. If God could trade the life of one mere man for the souls of all humanity then why couldn't he have traded the life of a goat for the same? The injustice would be of a kind, the difference being only a matter of degree. To deny the deity of Christ is to undermine the entire gospel as well as the very character of God Himself.

Resting in Him,
Clete

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
I'm sorry; what?

So to you the word begotten isn't synonymous with formed or created or at very least; not eternal in the fullness of the term?

To you, does the word begat really mean something other than to conceive, or form, or make, or create?
This is not complicated. Jesus, the human male, was begotten.

Logos, Who was God and was with God in the beginning and Who Created all things that were created, existed for eternity past and then became Jesus when He was begotten of God through the virgin Mary.

Simple really.

I mean the whole nature of the Trinity is a complex thing that isn't explained in any detail in scripture but it's not difficult at all to understand that God was not called "Jesus" before He was conceived in Mary.

Your accusing tone isn't needed or helpful. Even if you perceive me to be your enemy, if you are what a Christian is then you are to guide without condemnation. Rebuke and chastise isn't synonymous with assume and accuse from your own opinion.

I have to work.

Peace
If the shoe fits, wear it. If it doesn't fit - don't!

But! - The passages I've quoted do more than merely argue in favor of the Deity of Jesus, they prove it outright because they state it outright. This is not a vague or complex or even vailed teaching of scripture. Those who deny it have reasons other than an allegiance to the teaching of scripture for doing so. The fact of the matter is that you just don't get to go around making up your own religion and still get to rightly call yourself a Christian. Words mean things and ideas have consequences. If you don't believe that Jesus is God because of some confusion or simple ignorance, then what I've quoted should have cleared that away. If you don't believe for religious reasons then you aren't a Christian. It's as simple as that. I'm not accusing you of anything other than what your own testimony convicts you of.

Resting in Him,
Clete

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
This is not complicated. Jesus, the human male, was begotten.

Logos, Who was God and was with God in the beginning and Who Created all things that were created, existed for eternity past and then became Jesus when He was begotten of God through the virgin Mary.

Simple really.

I mean the whole nature of the Trinity is a complex thing that isn't explained in any detail in scripture but it's not difficult at all to understand that God was not called "Jesus" before He was conceived in Mary.

If the shoe fits, wear it. If it doesn't fit - don't!

But! - The passages I've quoted do more than merely argue in favor of the Deity of Jesus, they prove it outright because they state it outright. This is not a vague or complex or even vailed teaching of scripture. Those who deny it have reasons other than an allegiance to the teaching of scripture for doing so. The fact of the matter is that you just don't get to go around making up your own religion and still get to rightly call yourself a Christian. Words mean things and ideas have consequences. If you don't believe that Jesus is God because of some confusion or simple ignorance, then what I've quoted should have cleared that away. If you don't believe for religious reasons then you aren't a Christian. It's as simple as that. I'm not accusing you of anything other than what your own testimony convicts you of.

Resting in Him,
Clete

Good post-Clete. By their own words, they expose themselves for who they are and what they believe.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
You show how much you grossly misunderstand Calvinism, because EVERY Christian is confident in being of the elect. What Calvinism teaches is that it is ultimately God who brings people within His grace, not the other way around.
That's the part that shames the Cross and what Jesus did for the whole world. Besides, you're wrong about freewill and people choose to believe in Christ.

1 John 2:2 KJV - Romans 10:17 KJV - Romans 10:13 KJV -

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
Calvinism:

1) They believe jesus did not die for everyone but only the 'elect'. Those god decided to save at random.

Yes, because God is omniscient, and saw from the beginning who Christ would be dying for.

If Jesus died for the reprobate, then he failed.
It's not rocket science.

2) The elect have no choice to be saved. It doesn't matter if this person is a mass murderer or even believes in god

That's is laughably false- why don't you go and learn some Calvinism instead of making up bald accusations :chuckle:

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned
Calvinism:

1) They believe jesus did not die for everyone but only the 'elect'. Those god decided to save at random.

2) The elect have no choice to be saved. It doesn't matter if this person is a mass murderer or even believes in god
There are no randomness in God's actions under his own pleasures.
Elects wanted to be saved so choices don't count.

popsthebuilder

Okay, since people want to speak so falsely then perhaps they could answer a simple question.

Why would GOD sacrifice himself to appease himself? How does that fit within the gospel message? And how does that not totally leave man and their direction totally out of the equation?

So GOD sent himself to be sacrificed to himself to please himself so that man could simply go about sinning as if they were still dead in sin. Got it.

Very simple, obvious, and true. How could anyone deny it!?

Get your head out of your butt.

If Christ is, was, and always will be the utter fullness of GOD then the above statements are true.

Show my error please.

Peace

Sent from my Z988 using Tapatalk

beloved57

Nonon

They believe jesus did not die for everyone but only the 'elect'.

That is true, He lay down His life for the Sheep Jn 10:15 and everyone is not of His Sheep John 10:26!

Those god decided to save at random.

I never heard of that!

The elect have no choice to be saved.

True, they were saved according to Gods choice not their own. 2 Thess 2:13!

It doesn't matter if this person is a mass murderer or even believes in god

True, He saves sinners, even the chief of them. 1 Tim 1:15 ! :)

Robert Pate

Banned
Of course he saves sinners, but only those sinners that have called on him to be saved, "Whosoever that shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved" Romans 10:13.

Now watch him call Paul a liar.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
Okay, since people want to speak so falsely then perhaps they could answer a simple question.

Why would GOD sacrifice himself to appease himself? How does that fit within the gospel message? And how does that not totally leave man and their direction totally out of the equation?

The common error in theological thinking is failing to take into account that God cannot justify evil. Contemporary Christian sects are especially guilty of this in not acknowledging the dogmas of historical Christianity, which were deduced with such acknowledgement.

If God justified evil, then He would contradict His very nature as God. Therefore, a perfect atonement had to be made.
But thereafter is where people abandon that truth, and instead go on to 'easy believism' and perpetuate a very skewed notion of 'OSAS'- which does not mean in any sense what most people think it means. 'Perseverance of the Saints', or, the P in Calvin's TULIP, is OSAS.

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
Further, Jesus' death is sufficient to pay the sin debt of the human race precisely because He is God. If Jesus is not God then His death was that of a mere man. Even if that man was sinless and perfectly innocent, His death would only have been sufficient to pay for a single other person's sin debt. One man's life is not worth that of millions or billions or even trillions of others unless that Man was God in the flesh, which Jesus was. :spam:God is just. He cannot pay for a thing with less than what it's worth. To do so would relegate the gospel to some sort of arbitrary act of God that is more sadistic than just. If God could trade the life of one mere man for the souls of all humanity then why couldn't he have traded the life of a goat for the same? The injustice would be of a kind, the difference being only a matter of degree. To deny the deity of Christ is to undermine the entire gospel as well as the very character of God Himself.

Resting in Him,
Clete

Ignert.

Romans 5:14
Nevertheless death reigned from Adam to Moses, even over them that had not sinned after the similitude of Adam's transgression, who is the figure of him that was to come.

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
The common error in theological thinking is failing to take into account that God cannot justify evil. Contemporary Christian sects are especially guilty of this in not acknowledging the dogmas of historical Christianity, which were deduced with such acknowledgement.

If God justified evil, then He would contradict His very nature as God. Therefore, a perfect atonement had to be made.
But thereafter is where people abandon that truth, and instead go on to 'easy believism' and perpetuate a very skewed notion of 'OSAS'- which does not mean in any sense what most people think it means. 'Perseverance of the Saints', or, the P in Calvin's TULIP, is OSAS.

The mystery is what it was like for God to be in Christ Jesus.

Nothing to do with a false Trinity doctrine.

beloved57

Of course he saves sinners, but only those sinners that have called on him to be saved, "Whosoever that shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved" Romans 10:13.

Now watch him call Paul a liar.

Legalism preacher pate. You teach that sinners Christ died to save still wind up lost in their sins!

Robert Pate

Banned
Legalism preacher pate. You teach that sinners Christ died to save still wind up lost in their sins!

Here is another one for you to deny.

"Who will have ALL MEN to be saved and to come unto the knowledge of the truth" 1 Timothy 2:4.

What do you do with those scriptures? Do you just deny that they are in the Bible?

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
The mystery is what it was like for God to be in Christ Jesus.

Nothing to do with a false Trinity doctrine.

In the interest of staying with the thread topic, the Trinity doctrine is an attempt by man to define what it was like for God to be in Christ.

It can only be reckoned on a one by one basis when Christ is in us.

So how could one be justified putting another to death over it?