ECT Do you you believe that men are proven saved by what they do?

Cross Reference

CR said,
The spiritual is not about the Jews but the consummation of one new man summed up in Christ, neither Jew or Gentile. FWIW: Romans 8 is the spiritual "promised land" for such a Christian in the process of learning the ways of God..
-----------------
What the hek are you talking about CR ???

Here is something from Romans 8 - Explain it if you can ??????

Romans 8:36 As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long;
we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter.

Who is "we" that Paul includes himself and others like him? Who is the "we" that present themselves a 'lamb', without spot or wrinkle'? Shall not God search this out __for He knows the secrets of the heart?

oatmeal

Oatmeal asked me these OBVIOUS QUESTIONS.

Who gave Jesus all that power? - THE FATHER

What was he before he was given all that power? - THE LOGOS
----------------------------------------------------------

GOT ANY HARDER QUESTIONS............

Before he was given power, did he have any power?

Acts 10:38

Without him utilizing that anointing would his life ever been noticed?

Was it not his doings that separated him out from the masses

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
with the mouth confession is made unto salvation

Is it what goes into or what comes out of a man that defiles him?

1 John 3

9 Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.
10 In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: whosoever doeth not righteousness is not of God, neither he that loveth not his brother.
11 For this is the message that ye heard from the beginning, that we should love one another.

2 Peter 2

20 For if after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, they are again entangled therein, and overcome, the latter end is worse with them than the beginning.
21 For it had been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than, after they have known it, to turn from the holy commandment delivered unto them.
22 But it is happened unto them according to the true proverb, The dog is turned to his own vomit again; and the sow that was washed to her wallowing in the mire.

James 5

13 Who is a wise man and endued with knowledge among you? let him shew out of a good conversation his works with meekness of wisdom.
14 But if ye have bitter envying and strife in your hearts, glory not, and lie not against the truth.
15 This wisdom descendeth not from above, but is earthly, sensual, devilish.
16 For where envying and strife is, there is confusion and every evil work.
17 But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, and easy to be intreated, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality, and without hypocrisy.
18 And the fruit of righteousness is sown in peace of them that make peace.

Ephesians 5

6 Let no man deceive you with vain words: for because of these things cometh the wrath of God upon the children of disobedience.
7 Be not ye therefore partakers with them.
8 For ye were sometimes darkness, but now are ye light in the Lord: walk as children of light:
9 For the fruit of the Spirit is in all goodness and righteousness and truth;
10 Proving what is acceptable unto the Lord.

Galatians 5

16 This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh.
17 For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would.
18 But if ye be led of the Spirit, ye are not under the law.
19 Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,
20 Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,
21 Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.
22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,
23 Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
24 And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts.
25 If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.
26 Let us not be desirous of vain glory, provoking one another, envying one another.

way 2 go

1 John 3

9 Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.
10 In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: whosoever doeth not righteousness is not of God, neither he that loveth not his brother.
11 For this is the message that ye heard from the beginning, that we should love one another.

2 Peter 2

20 For if after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, they are again entangled therein, and overcome, the latter end is worse with them than the beginning.
21 For it had been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than, after they have known it, to turn from the holy commandment delivered unto them.
22 But it is happened unto them according to the true proverb, The dog is turned to his own vomit again; and the sow that was washed to her wallowing in the mire.

James 5

13 Who is a wise man and endued with knowledge among you? let him shew out of a good conversation his works with meekness of wisdom.
14 But if ye have bitter envying and strife in your hearts, glory not, and lie not against the truth.
15 This wisdom descendeth not from above, but is earthly, sensual, devilish.
16 For where envying and strife is, there is confusion and every evil work.
17 But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, and easy to be intreated, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality, and without hypocrisy.
18 And the fruit of righteousness is sown in peace of them that make peace.

Ephesians 5

6 Let no man deceive you with vain words: for because of these things cometh the wrath of God upon the children of disobedience.
7 Be not ye therefore partakers with them.
8 For ye were sometimes darkness, but now are ye light in the Lord: walk as children of light:
9 For the fruit of the Spirit is in all goodness and righteousness and truth;
10 Proving what is acceptable unto the Lord.

Galatians 5

16 This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh.
17 For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would.
18 But if ye be led of the Spirit, ye are not under the law.
19 Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,
20 Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,
21 Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.
22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,
23 Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
24 And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts.
25 If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.
26 Let us not be desirous of vain glory, provoking one another, envying one another.

Are you saying you can tell by looking at someone they are saved ?

oatmeal

OATMEAL ,

GOD OWNS ALL THE GOLD IN THE UNIVERSE, SO WHY BOTHER ENVYING.

Good question.

I was not thinking about gold or any material thing when I proposed the ROSE doctrine, but rather envy concerning spiritual achievements.

Livelystone

Was not Jesus proven by what He did?

No, He was proven by what God did through Him !!!

Same goes for the apostles of yesterday, as well as any Christians today who think they are "ordained" by God and not by some denominationally approved theocracy whose certificate is not worth anymore than the paper it is printed on

Cross Reference

No, He was proven by what God did through Him !!!

Same goes for the apostles of yesterday, as well as any Christians today who think they are "ordained" by God and not by some denominationally approved theocracy whose certificate is not worth anymore than the paper it is printed on

No. He, as a human, was in union with His Father per John 17. Ergo, His will and the Father's will were in complete agreement. In that sense we can say Jesus was proven by what God did FROM Him [intimacy here]...There was never a need to consult His Father with one exception, His death..

Jesus knew and banked His very existence on the "written word" of the OT scriptures. He said that. I didn't. That is how important they are to us who are born again.

I hope you will search this through before dismissing it as error on my part.