ECT Do you see All, Some, None of the Spiritual Gifts in Operation Today?

john w

Hall of Fame
Aimiel,

Lay out, chapter and verse, as I, and others, have done, scripture's testimony as to the purpose of the supernatural sign gifts, miracles, wonders............instead of your emotional spin.

Un pack it for us. You have the stage.

oatmeal

Again...Paul said tongues are a sign for those who do NOT believe.

How can an unbeliever benefit from hearing someone "speak in tongues" that the unbeliever (or anyone else) can't possibly understand?

Why don't you read scripture and find out?

john w

Hall of Fame
Yes, lord Jesus Christ, God the Lord is Jesus' father.

Lord, Sr. and lord, jr.

Get a Bible and read it.

"lord Jesus Christ."-crybaby oatmush

"lord"

Sssssssssssssss...

Peekaboo...we see you...

"Get a Bible and read it"-craybaby oatmush

Stunned all of us again. Wow! Where do you come up withthese gems, bafflers, Christ rejector?

The Lord Jesus Christ.

Memorize it, punk.

oatmeal

"lord"

Sssssssssssssss...

Peekaboo...we see you...

Stunned all of us again. Wow! Where do you come up withthese gems, bafflers, Christ rejector?

The Lord Jesus Christ.

Memorize it, punk.

Time you learned that Jesus is the son of God, not God the Son.

When you do learn the difference, then you will have learned something from scripture.

oatmeal

Aimiel,

Lay out, chapter and verse, as I, and others, have done, scripture's testimony as to the purpose of the supernatural sign gifts, miracles, wonders............instead of your emotional spin.

Un pack it for us. You have the stage.

I Corinthians 12:7

the manifestations are profitable

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Why don't you read scripture and find out?

I have, and it said they heard the speaker in their own native language.

Real tongues were real languages. So if a non believer visitor is visiting a pentecostal church where the one given the gift of tongues is speaking (since its a sign for those who dont believe) and they (the tongue speaker, and the non believer) both speak english, does that mean:

1) It wasnt needed, and the non believer wouldnt know any difference since they hear them in english anyway

2) the non believer and everyone else hears babble that they dont understand, which isnt what real tongues were suppose to be anyway which says that the tongues were fake...

is there a third possibility? I cant find one in scripture, point me to it

oatmeal

"lord"

Sssssssssssssss...

Peekaboo...we see you...

The Lord Jesus Christ.

Memorize it, punk.

Just so you know, your repeated name calling is not the love of God toward a disciple of the lord Jesus Christ.

I again reported your flagrant name calling.

So, learn to love God, and your neighbor as yourself

godrulz

Hall of Fame
Again...Paul said tongues are a sign for those who do NOT believe.

How can an unbeliever benefit from hearing someone "speak in tongues" that the unbeliever (or anyone else) can't possibly understand?

You are quoting one sentence while ignoring whole paragraphs and chapters that flesh out other aspects of tongues beyond the one sentence that is not primary (since church is believers, not unbelievers). It is both/and, not either/or with other aspects of tongues exceeding the passing comment about an unbeliever who may be in the midst coincidently.

john w

Hall of Fame
Time you learned that Jesus is the son of God, not God the Son.

When you do learn the difference, then you will have learned something from scripture.

Time you learned that we are busy men, here, crybaby, and don't fall for your "present a moving target...change the subject" scam. I stay on topic, and I'm the director here, and my topic is your satanic "argument," that your father, lord satan, taught you:

"lord"

Sssssssssssssss...

Peekaboo...we see you...

And it's the Lord Jesus Christ, to you, and everyone else, you Christ rejector-show some respect, which eventually you, and everyone else, will show, when you bow down, and confess Him as the Lord God. Only His enemies, while He was on earth, ever referred to Him, in the name of His humiliation-"Jesus." Of course, you are His enemy.

Time for you to get saved, you condescending demon.

john w

Hall of Fame
You are quoting one sentence while ignoring whole paragraphs and chapters that flesh out other aspects of tongues beyond the one sentence that is not primary (since church is believers, not unbelievers). It is both/and, not either/or with other aspects of tongues exceeding the passing comment about an unbeliever who may be in the midst coincidently.

So says the wicked scripture cessationist.

musterion

God won't force Himself upon anyone.

Nobody said He would.

Christ said the signs you claim to have WILL follow those who believe. No forcing involved.

Your problem is, they're not following anyone. They haven't for about 2,000 years now. They ended before Paul died.

If they were still in operation the world could not dispute it, just as the world could not dispute it during the Acts period.

Pentecostalism and the charismatic movement is all a deluded demonic fraud that suckers in selfish, prideful and usually lost people. It has two goals in mind, one short term, the other long term. Short term, it dishonors God by sowing anti-biblical confusion. Long term, it's purpose is to usurp the now-suspended promises made ONLY to national Israel in order to glue religious unbelievers together in a one-world church of Antichrist, as it is already doing...a synagogue of Satan full of counterfeit Jews is forming right before our eyes, and several TOL posters are already part of it.

But you could easily prove that assertion wrong: as some of the more irreverent pentecostal preaches say, "Do the stuff."

Cross Reference

I have, and it said they heard the speaker in their own native language.

In your mind, what would be the greater miracle: for one to speak in an unknown tongue or for one to understand an unknown tongue when hearing it?

If you go to heaven will you be expecting to hear english spoken as the 'national' language? How will you understand if it isn't?

Aimiel

Nobody said He would.
Seeking signs and mocking those who have faith in God who one claims doesn't show signs is a mockery of the very faith one claims to have.
Christ said the signs you claim to have WILL follow those who believe. No forcing involved.
Not seeing the signs isn't a matter of the signs not following a believer, it's a matter of not having faith in the God that believer is following.
Your problem is, they're not following anyone. They haven't for about 2,000 years now. They ended before Paul died.
So, according to you, Jesus lied when He said that these signs would follow believers.
If they were still in operation the world could not dispute it, just as the world could not dispute it during the Acts period.
The world disputed Christ. They still do. So do you. You're poking at Him right now.
Pentecostalism and the charismatic movement is all a deluded demonic fraud that suckers in selfish, prideful and usually lost people.
It's not your place to judge God's servants.

musterion

In your mind, what would be the greater miracle: for one to speak in an unknown tongue or for one to understand an unknown tongue when hearing it?

Foolish thing to say. God gave no gift of understanding tongues to unbelievers, the ones for whom tongues were intended. The miracle was in the unstudied language coming from the believing speaker, not with the unbelieving hearer.

There is a precedent set in the O.T. that tongues were a sign of God's judgment. When viewed that way, the way the Holy Spirit used tongues in the Acts period, and the way Paul defines them, makes perfect sense.

musterion

So, according to you, Jesus lied when He said that these signs would follow believers.

Absolutely not! He did not lie. What He foretold about tongues was 100% true.

It's not your place to judge God's servants.
Show indisputable evidence that they are taking place today as they did in the Acts period, and I will publicly repent and apologize.

Cross Reference

Foolish thing to say. God gave no gift of understanding tongues to unbelievers, the ones for whom tongues were intended. The miracle was in the unstudied language coming from the believing speaker, not with the unbelieving hearer.

You didn't get that from the Bible. So who told you to think that way to the exclusion of any other truth __John MacAuthor? Many unbelievers came to salvation who understood what they could not otherwise understand without the miracle of tongues.