Do you have to believe in the Trinity to be a Christian?

Faither

BANNED
Banned
We have to believe that we have to obey.

We have to believe that Jesus' blood washes us of the sins we repent of doing.

We have to believe that we have to do what Jesus says to do, and we have to actually do it.

Your giving a great example of the Carnage the mistranslation of pisteuo into the English has caused .

None of what you posted is the true life of Faithing in Christ , aka Christianity .

God's Truth

Your giving a great example of the Carnage the mistranslation of pisteuo into the English has caused .

None of what you posted is the true life of Faithing in Christ , aka Christianity .
It is not carnage to believe and obey Jesus.

How can a person say something so evil?

Go ahead and try to prove it.

You are not worth debating in the slightest.

You had the chance to speak biblical about LIVING FAITH, FAITH THAT IS ALIVE.

You rather choose though to go against the scriptures and against God's Truth.

It isn't English to say 'faithing'.

God brings His Truth to people in their language.

Who wants to hear you make up a word and call it English?

Who wants to hear you say the whole New Testament is a lie?

God's Truth

The idea of the logos in Greek thought harks back at least to the 6th-century-BC philosopher Heracleitus, who discerned in the cosmic process a logos analogous to the reasoning power in man. Later, the Stoics, philosophers who followed the teachings of the thinker Zeno of Citium (4th–3rd century BC), defined the logos as an active rational and spiritual principle that permeated all reality. They called the logos providence, nature, god, and the soul of the universe, which is composed of many seminal logoi that are contained in the universal logos. Philo of Alexandria, a 1st-century-AD Jewish philosopher, taught that the logos was the intermediary between God and the cosmos, being both the agent of creation and the agent through which the human mind can apprehend and comprehend God. According to Philo and the Middle Platonists, philosophers who interpreted in religious terms the teachings of the 4th-century-BC Greek master philosopher Plato, the logos was both immanent in the world and at the same time the transcendent divine mind.
_________________​
It may not make much difference to most people when you are trying to state either of the following:
  • and the active rational and spiritual principle that permeated all reality was God
  • and God was the active rational and spiritual principle that permeated all reality

It does make a difference when you are trying to state either of the following:
  • and Jesus was God
  • and God was Jesus

2 Timothy 2:14 Bring all this to men's remembrances, solemnly charging them in the presence of God not to waste time in wrangling about mere words, a course which is altogether unprofitable and tends only to the ruin of the hearers.

Faither

BANNED
Banned
It is not carnage to believe and obey Jesus.

How can a person say something so evil?

Go ahead and try to prove it.

You are not worth debating in the slightest.

You had the chance to speak biblical about LIVING FAITH, FAITH THAT IS ALIVE.

You rather choose though to go against the scriptures and against God's Truth.

It isn't English to say 'faithing'.

God brings His Truth to people in their language.

Who wants to hear you make up a word and call it English?

Who wants to hear you say the whole New Testament is a lie?

genuineoriginal

2 Timothy 2:14 Bring all this to men's remembrances, solemnly charging them in the presence of God not to waste time in wrangling about mere words, a course which is altogether unprofitable and tends only to the ruin of the hearers.
It was just such a debate that created the doctrine of the Trinity centuries after the crucifixion (to the ruin of the hearers).

In the early fourth century a debate erupted over the concept of ‘homoousios’, a Greek word used to describe Jesus being of the same essence, being or substance as the Father.

A hundred years earlier Origen, a theologian based in Alexandria with an interest in exploring faith in terms that made sense to those schooled in Greek philosophy, had talked about God being one ‘ousios’ or essence, with three distinct expressions or forms of being – hypostasis.

He described Jesus in terms of the Logos, a phrase well known to followers of Greek philosopher Philo.

Over time discussion began over whether to talk about Jesus and God having homo ousios (one substance) or homoi ousios (similar substance).

In 264-268 the Synods of Antioch condemned the term ‘homoousios’ (same substance) because of its connections with Greek philosophy. They were also concerned that the concept, taken to extremes, could lead to a perception of Jesus that overlooked his humanity.
_________________​

Faither

BANNED
Banned
You

Sorry , the Greek doesn't even have a word for believing . Only faithing towards God pisteuo , or faithing away from God , apisteuo . No middle ground or simple mental assent . And your obedience only comes by God's nature flowing through the temple of the Holy Spirit "AFTER " he has had the Spirit of Christ sealed in them . Not us doing it , but God doing it through us .

You have faith and faithing confused with obedience. Probably need to spend more time listening than speaking if I were you. This will be the only warning you will receive from me.

God's Truth

It was just such a debate that created the doctrine of the Trinity centuries after the crucifixion (to the ruin of the hearers).

In the early fourth century a debate erupted over the concept of ‘homoousios’, a Greek word used to describe Jesus being of the same essence, being or substance as the Father.

A hundred years earlier Origen, a theologian based in Alexandria with an interest in exploring faith in terms that made sense to those schooled in Greek philosophy, had talked about God being one ‘ousios’ or essence, with three distinct expressions or forms of being – hypostasis.

He described Jesus in terms of the Logos, a phrase well known to followers of Greek philosopher Philo.

Over time discussion began over whether to talk about Jesus and God having homo ousios (one substance) or homoi ousios (similar substance).

In 264-268 the Synods of Antioch condemned the term ‘homoousios’ (same substance) because of its connections with Greek philosophy. They were also concerned that the concept, taken to extremes, could lead to a perception of Jesus that overlooked his humanity.
_________________​

I only go by what the Bible says.

All humans have a spirit, and Jesus' spirit as a man on earth is the Father's Spirit come as a man.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

Jesus taught the Trinity Matthew 28:19
The Apostles taught the Trinity, John for one, John 1:1
The doctrine of the Trinity was first defended by Tertullian in the early third century.

Wikipedia: The first defense of the doctrine of the Trinity was in the early 3rd century by the early church father Tertullian. He explicitly defined the Trinity as Father, Son, and Holy Spirit and defended his theology against "Praxeas", though he noted that the majority of the believers in his day found issue with his doctrine.

God's Truth

You

Sorry , the Greek doesn't even have a word for believing . Only faithing towards God pisteuo , or faithing away from God , apisteuo . No middle ground or simple mental assent . And your obedience only comes by God's nature flowing through the temple of the Holy Spirit "AFTER " he has had the Spirit of Christ sealed in them . Not us doing it , but God doing it through us .

You have faith and faithing confused with obedience. Probably need to spend more time listening than speaking if I were you. This will be the only warning you will receive from me.

I have a powerful testimony and your warning is beyond pathetic.

Stop trying to rewrite the Bible and base it on a word that doesn't exist.

Jesus plainly tells us how to get saved, how to receive the Holy Spirit.

You are preaching against the Word of God.

Faither

BANNED
Banned
I have a powerful testimony and your warning is beyond pathetic.l

Stop trying to rewrite the Bible and base it on a word that doesn't exist.

Jesus plainly tells us how to get saved, receive the Holy Spirit.

You are preaching against the Word of God.

I'm sure that you would claim to have been given the Grace deposit or the Spirit of Christ . And can probably claim the things God's Word tells us happens when one is given this .

But , God's Word also tells us if we have the Spirit of Christ , you also have the mind of Christ . But it doesn't say one word about what its like or what happens when one has been given the mind of Christ .

So can you fill in that blank for me ? What happened when you received the mind of Christ ? And what is it like to live with it on a daily basis ?

No cheating !

God's Truth

I'm sure that you would claim to have been given the Grace deposit or the Spirit of Christ . And can probably claim the things God's Word tells us happens when one is given this .

But , God's Word also tells us if we have the Spirit of Christ , you also have the mind of Christ . But it doesn't say one word about what its like or what happens when one has been given the mind of Christ .

So can you fill in that blank for me ? What happened when you received the mind of Christ ? And what is it like to live with it on a daily basis ?

No cheating !

I don't cheat and I don't think you know what the mind of Christ means. So how can you make a right judgment?

The mind of Christ is an obedient mind to the Father.

God's Truth

If you had the mind of Christ, as you claim, then you would know that what I say is true.

You fail at your own test.

According to your own test, you do not have the mind of Christ.