ECT Do You Confess Your Sins?

Right Divider

Body part
So you actually believe that the LORD can have fellowship with the unrighteous despite what we read here?:

"Behold, the LORD's hand is not shortened, that it cannot save; neither his ear heavy, that it cannot hear. But your iniquities have separated between you and your God, and your sins have hid his face from you, that he will not hear. For your hands are defiled with blood, and your fingers with iniquity; your lips have spoken lies, your tongue hath muttered perverseness"
(Isa.59:1-3).​
Nice DODGE Jerry.... admit that you ABUSED and CONFUSED 2 Cor 6:9, taking it COMPLETELY OUT OF CONTEXT and using it as PRETEXT for your claim.

So NOW you move on to take Isaiah out of context too!

Go back to Isaiah 58:1 to get come CONTEXT about what Isaiah is writing and TO WHOM.

(Isa 58:1 KJV)Cry aloud, spare not, lift up thy voice like a trumpet, and shew my people their transgression, and the house of Jacob their sins.

You're a scripture twister Jerry. Using any verse that you want in the way that you want EVEN THOUGH that is NOT what it's talking about.

Jerry Shugart

You're a scripture twister Jerry. Using any verse that you want in the way that you want EVEN THOUGH that is NOT what it's talking about.

Is what Paul is speaking of here about Christian's sins?

"For if we would judge ourselves, we should not be judged. But when we are judged, we are chastened of the Lord, that we should not be condemned with the world" (1 Cor.11:31-32).​

Now we will see exactly who it is that is the champion Scripture twister.

glorydaz

Prove it!

I'm sorry, Jerry, but you don't seem to listen to much of what I say. :idunno:

For instance, you claim believers can walk "in darkness" instead of our having become children of the light.

1 John 1:6 If we say that we have fellowship with him, and walk in darkness, we lie, and do not the truth:​

1 Thessalonians 5:5 Ye are all the children of light, and the children of the day: we are not of the night, nor of darkness.

I'm afraid you think believers move in and out of the darkness, and scripture doesn't support that. Your misunderstanding of John's letters is the problem.

You fail to understand that any sin which a Christian commits defiles that person.

What sins do believers commit, Jerry?

In order to have that sin taken away and to be cleansed from your unrighteousness you need to confess that sin.

Believers are not under the law. We are dead to sin. Romans 6:2KJV Or have you forgotten?

Romans 6:17 But God be thanked, that ye were the servants of sin, but ye have obeyed from the heart that form of doctrine which was delivered you. 18 Being then made free from sin, ye became the servants of righteousness.​

If you think that you can sin and therefore be unrighteous and remain in fellowship with the LORD then you are mistaken, as witnessed by Paul's words here:

"Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness?" (2 Cor.6:9).​

Notice Paul is speaking of "unbelievers"....those who walk in darkness, by the way. Believers are the "righteous", not the "unrighteous". Just as believers are children of the light, and not of darkness.

You need to study the Bible so that you can understand the difference between a Christians "position in Christ" and a Christian's "walk."

They are not the same thing!

I don't agree.

Since believers have been "created in Christ Jesus", we are new creatures. It's you that doesn't understand that there is no going back into the darkness. When we believe, we are cleansed from ALL SINS. Confession of sins is law. Confessions of Christ is Grace.

Jerry Shugart

What sins do believers commit, Jerry?

The sins which Christians sin are enough to defile them according to Paul:

"Having therefore these promises, dearly beloved, let us cleanse ourselves from all filthiness of the flesh and spirit, perfecting holiness in the fear of God"
(2 Cor.7:1).

Paul is telling these Christians to clean themselves from all filthiness so it must be possible for Christians to become filthy and defiled.

Paul also speaks about Christians being chastened by the Lord:

"As unknown, and yet well known; as dying, and, behold, we live; as chastened, and not killed" (2 Cor.6:9).​

The LORD will chasten Christians for their sins because He chastens those who He loves:

"As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore, and repent" (Rev.3:19).​

The Lord tells those whom He chastens to "repent," and in order to repent a Christian must judge themselves in regard to that sin:

"For if we would judge ourselves, we should not be judged. But when we are judged, we are chastened of the Lord, that we should not be condemned with the world" (1 Cor.11:31-32).​

When the Apostle John speaks of "confessing" one's sin the Greek word translated "confess" means "to confess by way of admitting oneself guilty of what one is accused of, the result of inward conviction, 1Jo 1:9" (Vine's Expository Dictionary of New Testament Words).

So when a Christian confesses his sins then it can be said that is the same thing as judging one's self. And once that happens a that sin is taken away and then that person is cleansed from all unrighteousness.

Believers are not under the law. We are dead to sin.

So you haven't ever sinned since you became a Christian?

I would say that the words being "dead to sin" means that sin no longer has power over Christians but sometimes Christian do sin. Again, have you sinned since you became a Christian?

Right Divider

Body part

Now we will see exactly who it is that is the champion Scripture twister.
You are the scripture twister Jerry. That is clear to everyone. But like a little child, you think that you can distract us away from YOUR egregious error if you just don't admit it and then through out something else.

Admit your ERROR and then we can move forward.

Jerry Shugart

You are the scripture twister Jerry.

Why didn't you answer what I asked here?:

For what reason does the Lord chasten Christians?

Right Divider

Body part
Why didn't you answer what I asked here?:

For what reason does the Lord chasten Christians?
Because I'm waiting for you to address your GROSS DISTORTION of 2 Cor 6:14
http://theologyonline.com/showthrea...ss-Your-Sins&p=5272431&viewfull=1#post5272431

We cannot proceed with anything until you CONFESS YOUR SIN of perverting that verse to fit your story.

Last edited:

Jerry Shugart

Because I'm waiting for you to address your GROSS DISTORTION of 2 Cor 6:9

Here is what I "bolded" in the verse:

"what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness."

Are you willing to argue that the Righteous and Holy God can have fellowship with Christian's who sin and therefore become filthy and unrighteous? I really want to hear your argument!

Then when you are finished please tell me why the Lord will judge and chasten Christians:

Right Divider

Body part
Here is what I "bolded" in the verse:
"what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness."
I know what you actually "bolded", you did it repeatedly and FALSELY used it OUT OF CONTEXT.

YOU claimed that this HALF a verse somehow represents separation from God because sin makes a BELIEVER UNRIGHTEOUS.... That is NOT.... I repeat NOT what that verse is talking about. This is CRYSTAL clear by simply reading the ENTIRE VERSE.

The CONTEXT of that verse is in the FIRST HALF of the verse.
2 Co 6:14 KJV Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?

The connecting FOR makes it IMPOSSIBLE to miss the connection of the SECOND HALF of the verse from the FIRST HALF!

The distinction in THAT VERSE between righteous and unrighteous is between BELIEVERS and UNBELIEVERS.

The fellowship that cannot be had is between RIGHTEOUS BELIEVERS and UNRIGHTEOUS UNBELIEVERS.

YOU pervert the CLEAR and UNDENIABLE meaning of that verse to try to support your false doctrine.

Jerry Shugart

So you are arguing that a righteous and holy God can have fellowship with those who are unholy and thus unrighteousness?

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
1 John 1:9 New King James Version (NKJV)
9 If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

Right Divider

Body part
So you are arguing that a righteous and holy God can have fellowship with those who are unholy and thus unrighteousness?

Or you ashamed to answer?
I'm ashamed of your perversion of the scripture!

You can continue to try to change the subject like a little child, but you should instead admit your ABUSE and REPENT. By your OWN standard, you are out of fellowship with God because of YOUR sin of perverting HIS WORD!

Jerry Shugart

1 John 1:9 New King James Version (NKJV)
9 If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

That's exactly right but there are some on this thread who don't think that applies to them. They don't seem to realize that any sin which they commit makes them filthy and thus unrighteous even though Paul wrote this:

"Having therefore these promises, dearly beloved, let us cleanse ourselves from all filthiness of the flesh and spirit, perfecting holiness in the fear of God" (2 Cor.7:1).​

Jerry Shugart

I'm ashamed of your perversion of the scripture!

Since you know so much then help me out. Please tell me why the Lord judges and chastens Christians:

"For if we would judge ourselves, we should not be judged. But when we are judged, we are chastened of the Lord, that we should not be condemned with the world"
(1 Cor.11:31-32).​

I say that it is because of their sins. If I am wrong then tell me why He judges and chastens Christians.

Right Divider

Body part
Since you know so much then help me out. Please tell me why the Lord judges and chastens Christians:

"For if we would judge ourselves, we should not be judged. But when we are judged, we are chastened of the Lord, that we should not be condemned with the world"

I say that it is because of their sins. If I am wrong then tell me why He judges and chastens Christians.
I'm not going to discuss anything until you REPENT of your SIN of perverting the Word of God.

http://theologyonline.com/showthrea...ss-Your-Sins&p=5272723&viewfull=1#post5272723

Jerry Shugart

I'm not going to discuss anything until you REPENT of your SIN of perverting the Word of God.

Good!

I will show others the truth which you are unable to grasp. There can be consequences which accompany the sins which are committed by those in the Body of Christ:

John tells those in the Body of Christ how to cleanse themselves from their sin:

"If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to remit our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness" (1 Jn.1:9).​

For some reason Right Divider doesn't understand that any sin which a Christian commits defiles him and makes him filthy and in need of cleansing:

"Having therefore these promises, dearly beloved, let us cleanse ourselves from all filthiness of the flesh and spirit, perfecting holiness in the fear of God"
(2 Cor.7:1).​

Even though Paul tells the Christian to clean himself from this filthiness the person who goes by the handle "Right Divider" says that it isn't necessary!

Right Divider

Body part
So your won't repent, eh Jerry?

I will show others the truth which you are unable to grasp. There can be consequences which accompany the sins which are committed by those in the Body of Christ:

John tells those in the Body of Christ how to cleanse themselves from their sin:

"If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to remit our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness" (1 Jn.1:9).​

For some reason Right Divider doesn't understand that any sin which a Christian commits defiles him and makes him filthy and in need of cleansing:

(2 Cor.7:1).​

Even though Paul tells the Christian to clean himself from this filthiness the person who goes by the handle "Right Divider" says that it isn't necessary!
I guess that you're a closet RC who is now coming out.

BTW, I have never said that we should try to hid our sin from God, as if that was even possible. But I do enjoy being falsely accused by a so-called brother in Christ.

http://theologyonline.com/showthrea...ss-Your-Sins&p=5272431&viewfull=1#post5272431

That verse has NOTHING TO DO WITH FELLOWSHIP WITH GOD, and yet you continue to push that falsehood. Shameful.

Jerry Shugart

That verse has NOTHING TO DO WITH FELLOWSHIP WITH GOD, and yet you continue to push that falsehood. Shameful.

What about this one?:

"That which we have seen and heard declare we unto you, that ye also may have fellowship with us: and truly our fellowship is with the Father, and with his Son Jesus Christ. And these things write we unto you, that your joy may be full. This then is the message which we have heard of him, and declare unto you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all. If we say that we have fellowship with him, and walk in darkness, we lie, and do not the truth: But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin. If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness" (1 Jn.1:3-9).​

The people who Peter addressed here had their life in Christ Jesus just like all of the other members of the Body of Christ:

"And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son" (1 Jn.5:11).​

These Jewish Christians are told that the eternal life which has been given to them is 'in" the Son. This can only be in regard to how the sinner is made "alive together with Christ":

"even when we were dead in our transgressions, made us alive together with Christ (by grace you have been saved), and raised us up with Him, and seated us with Him in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus" (Eph.2:5-6).​

This speaks of the Christian's total identification with the Lord Jesus, a truth which is true for only those who are in the Body of Christ. Our life which is in Christ is the same thing spoken of in the following passage:

"If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God. Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth. For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God. When Christ, who is our life, shall appear, then shall ye also appear with him in glory" (Col.3:1-4).​

The Christian has been given eternal life, and "this life is in the Son"..." Christ is our life" and our "your life is hid with Christ in God." These verses are in regard to a total identification with the Lord Jesus and speak of our "position" in Christ, being risen with Christ and being seated with Him in heavenly places.

glorydaz

What is really sick is your idea that a righteous God can have fellowship with a Christian who sins and becomes defiled and unrighteous!

Jerry, all believers are righteous.

All unbelievers are unrighteous.

Those in darkness are unbelievers and unrighteous.

Those in the light are believers and righteous.

Sinners or saints. No Mr. In betweens.