ECT Do You Confess Your Sins?

Jerry Shugart

We know that those in the Body of Christ can become defiled in their "walk" so doesn't that mean that once a Christian sins then he is no longer holy?:

"Having therefore these promises, dearly beloved, let us cleanse ourselves from all filthiness of the flesh and spirit, perfecting holiness in the fear of God" (2 Cor.7:1).​

Are Christian not to confess their sin so that they can have their sins taken away and cleansed from all unrighteousness?:

"If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to remit us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness" (1 Jn.1:9).​

Right Divider

Body part
We know that those in the Body of Christ can become defiled in their "walk" so doesn't that mean that once a Christian sins then he is no longer holy?:
"Having therefore these promises, dearly beloved, let us cleanse ourselves from all filthiness of the flesh and spirit, perfecting holiness in the fear of God" (2 Cor.7:1).​

Are Christian not to confess their sin so that they can have their sins taken away and cleansed from all unrighteousness?:
"If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to remit us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness" (1 Jn.1:9).​
You are so confused Jerry. I'm just amazed at times.

The WE and US in John is Israel. This lines up perfectly with what God had told them long ago.

(2Ch 7:14 KJV) If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Who was the "my people" that God was talking to?

John expected "his people" to confess THEIR sins to that God could forgive THEIR sins and heal THEIR land.

Jerry Shugart

You are so confused Jerry. I'm just amazed at times.

The WE and US in John is Israel.

You are the one who remains confused!

By the time John's epistles were written Israel had already been temporarily set aside:

"For if the casting aside of them be the reconciling of the world, what shall the receiving of them be, but life from the dead?"
(Ro.11:15).​

You not even understand that basic fact!

If you don't confess your sins you remain defiled!

Right Divider

Body part
You are the one who remains confused!

By the time John's epistles were written Israel had already been temporarily set aside:

"For if the casting aside of them be the reconciling of the world, what shall the receiving of them be, but life from the dead?"
(Ro.11:15).​

You not even understand that basic fact!

If you don't confess your sins you remain defiled!
You'd make a great Roman Catholic.

I'm done with you Jerry.

glorydaz

glorydaz

I see a huge difference between "no longer holy" and "perfecting holiness".

Jerry Shugart

I see a huge difference between "no longer holy" and "perfecting holiness".

So you do not think that when a Christian sins he becomes deflied and unholy?:

glorydaz

So you do not think that when a Christian sins he becomes deflied and unholy?:

Where is the word sin in that quote?

And where is the word defiled?