Do we need a topic of the day?

Status
Not open for further replies.

whitestone

It's a good feature, bubble the hot topic to the top and if your thread makes it you get a nice bonus check in the mail.
I'd keep it unless it's getting too expensive.
And if it is too expensive just dial back the dollars per post rate, us full timers would rather have something than nothing.

Oh,I didn't know that part,,, I would send it back too,,,it's a good site I like just seeing it run,,

fool

Hall of Fame
it just made me curious,,does it make yall's job harder each day to post it?

It only takes a couple of seconds to make a TOTD, especially if a user has already started a good starter thread.
I think the TOTD should be and aggradization of the top news sources;
Gaza
Ukraine
Ebola
ISIS
Ferguson
Obama wears a tan suit
So on and so forth

That way I can scan the news sites and other aggradizers and get a jist of what happened, scan the comments, then finally come here to have discussions with people who I have alot more character development with.

My inner circle so to speak.

whitestone

It only takes a couple of seconds to make a TOTD, especially if a user has already started a good starter thread.
I think the TOTD should be and aggradization of the top news sources;
Gaza
Ukraine
Ebola
ISIS
Ferguson
Obama wears a tan suit
So on and so forth

That way I can scan the news sites and other aggradizers and get a jist of what happened, scan the comments, then finally come here to have discussions with people who I have alot more character development with.

My inner circle so to speak.
oh I thought maybe it was a type of task that might take 20-30 minutes each day,,,if so it would then need trimming and I would agree to that,,,if it only takes seconds,,,I like the t.o.d.,,,,I was concerned with the amount of workload put upon the administrators,,,,,

fool

Hall of Fame
oh I thought maybe it was a type of task that might take 20-30 minutes each day,,,if so it would then need trimming and I would agree to that,,,if it only takes seconds,,,I like the t.o.d.,,,,I was concerned with the amount of workload put upon the administrators,,,,,

If there's nothing good on the board then it can be a chore!
If some one puts the big headline out there with minimal inflammatory commentation and perhaps a small poll then it's easy.
Be the conversation starter whitestone.

musterion

TOL TOPIC OF THE DAY is my only news source. If the TOL TOPIC OF THE DAY doesn't report it, it didn't happen.

oatmeal

Do you guys like the Topic of The Day forum?

Do we still need it?

Thoughts?

Need? No. I do not need hot dogs to live, but I do enjoy them at times.

Are they useful? Sure

Your website is about people discussing issues.

Why not a topic of the day or maybe just a topic of the week?

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
I like it, especially when the topic is related to current events. It seems to keep things pithy around here, sparks lively discussion, which is the point of TOL , no? :D

Status
Not open for further replies.