Do we need a topic of the day?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Is this thread going to be Topic of the Day?

kmoney

Hall of Fame
I enjoy having a topic of the day.

Even though one of my threads has only made it once. :mmph:

elohiym

The TOD showcases discussions in a way that more members are likely to participate.
I think you should keep it.

whitestone

yes I like it,,it has us go from it to the other forums and back and forth,, active,political,ect. so if one person just liked discussing politics then they would most likely spend most of their time there and only meet those who enjoy political topics. so changing back and forth from religion,politics,ect. causes those who rarely speak to each other to do so,that is they all eventually find themselves together on t.o.d.,,,just my take

TomO

Get used to it.
Hall of Fame
I've enjoyed it....Would like to see it stay, but I won't have a :cow: if it goes away. :plain:

whitestone

lol,I guess we should look at it from poor knight,Delmar ect.'s point of view though,,,,I bet they are looking at the daily task that need be preformed on a day to day basis and "looking for and posting a t.o.d." would be one of them in the list of "things to do every day",,so if they could shorten the work load is probably the thought(I don't blame them,lol),,,,makes you kind of wonder what all has to take place to keep all this running for us day after day,,,,,so one good reason to keep it and another reason it might need trimming,,,but I still like it,,,,

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
Why not have "Topic of interest" slice and dice an all that jazz. then when it runs outta steam have a new topic. Then it doesn't need so much monitoring.

whitestone

Why not have "Topic of interest" slice and dice an all that jazz. then when it runs outta steam have a new topic. Then it doesn't need so much monitoring.

Yea something maybe "topic of the week" and put an icon on the other forms so we can choose it,then it's just click and drag 4 times a month(maybe might be harder I don't know),,,but I would understand if they need to trim things,,just saying

GFR7

I also have enjoyed it. But if it makes for too much difficulty in moderation or whatever, I could understand if you didn't want to continue on with it....

whitestone

Do you guys like the Topic of The Day forum?

Do we still need it?

Thoughts?

lol,before we go to far are we "jumping the gun"?,,,are you asking from curiosity,,or are you needing to trim things you are having to do each day and trying to make decisions?,,,

whitestone

I also have enjoyed it. But if it makes for too much difficulty in moderation or whatever, I could understand if you didn't want to continue on with it....

me too,,,I wonder why he ask it,,,we could give a more from the heart answer if we knew,,,

whitestone

and see almost 30 min. since we ask,,I bet he worked till 3 in the morning setting up all this for us and he's trying to get him a nap,,,,,shhhhhh everybody,,,"sweet dreams Knight",,,,,,

fool

Hall of Fame
It's a good feature, bubble the hot topic to the top and if your thread makes it you get a nice bonus check in the mail.
I'd keep it unless it's getting too expensive.
And if it is too expensive just dial back the dollars per post rate, us full timers would rather have something than nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.