ECT Do those who believe MAD believe the Apostle Paul was a liar ?

dodge

There is absolutely no evidence that anyone preached it before Paul. We have an uninterrupted sermon preached by Peter on the day of Pentecost beginning at Acts 2:14 and ending at Acts 2:36. In that sermon there is not a word about God's "grace" and there is not a word about the purpose of the Lord Jesus' death on the Cross.

Where is your evidence that proves that anyone preached the "gospel of grace" before Paul?

The Apostle Paul says YOU are wrong:

1Co 1:10
Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment.

1Co 1:11
For it hath been declared unto me of you, my brethren, by them which are of the house of Chloe, that there are contentions among you.

1Co 1:12
Now this I say, that every one of you saith, I am of Paul; and I of Apollos; and I of Cephas; and I of Christ.

1Co 1:13
Is Christ divided? was Paul crucified for you? or were ye baptized in the name of Paul?

IF you actually read the verses above Paul said that he and Peter were in agreement.

What you are actually doing according to Paul is DIVIDING (actually preaching different Gospels)Jesus.

Last edited:

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned

Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment.

For it hath been declared unto me of you, my brethren, by them which are of the house of Chloe, that there are contentions among you.

Now this I say, that every one of you saith, I am of Paul; and I of Apollos; and I of Cephas; and I of Christ.

Is Christ divided? was Paul crucified for you? or were ye baptized in the name of Paul?

IF you actually read the verses above Paul said that he and Peter were in agreement.

What you are actually doing according to Paul is DIVIDING (actually preaching different Gospels)Jesus.
Galations 2:7 KJV -

andyc

Do you believe the Apostle Paul was a liar ?

PAUL SAID:

Eph 3:5
Which in other ages was not made known unto the sons of men, as it is now revealed unto his holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit;

Eph 3:6
That the Gentiles should be fellowheirs, and of the same body, and partakers of his promise in Christ by the gospel:

All the Apostles received the "mystery" by the Spirit according to the Apostle Paul ! Do you not believe Paul ?

Acts 1:8 "But you shall receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you; and you shall be witnesses to Me in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth."

SaulToPaul 2

John 14:26

26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

Relay to me ONE THING that the LORD said (other than the things we have written down).
I will wait.

Jerry Shugart

None of those passages even hint that anyone before Paul preached the gospel of grace. We can understand that the gospel of which Paul is speaking is strictly for the Gentiles by his remarks here:

"And I went up by revelation, and communicated unto them that gospel which I preach among the Gentiles, but privately to them which were of reputation, lest by any means I should run, or had run, in vain" (Gal.2:2).​

If there were only "one" gospel then there would be absolutely no reason to specify that the gospel that he is speaking of is the one "which I preach among the Gentiles."

If the gospel he preached among the Gentiles was the same gospel which he preached among the Jews then why would he need to go to Jerusalem in order to consider its relationship to the gospel which he had preached earlier in the company of some of the Apostles (Acts 9:27-29)? Of course there would be no reason for him to do that if the gospel which he earlier preached with other apostles was the same one that he was preaching to the Gentiles.

Sometimes in order to understand what is written in the Scriptures all that is need is a little common sense.

DAN P

Hey Dan do you have any clue what is "is" ?

Hi and it is third person singular and a verb !!

IS / ESTI is translated by the following ;

By IS 744 times !

By ARE 51 times !

By Was 25 times !

By Have 11 times

By Misscelous 25 time !!

So explai DISPENSATION / OIKONOMIS and what it means , GRASSHOPPER !!

dan p

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
“Then opened he their mind, that they might understand the scriptures; and he said unto them, Thus it is written, that the Christ should suffer, and rise again from the dead the third day; and that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in his name unto all the nations, beginning from Jerusalem.”
??Luke? ?24:45-47? ?ASV??
http://bible.com/12/luk.24.45-47.asv

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jerry Shugart

“Then opened he their mind, that they might understand the scriptures; and he said unto them, Thus it is written, that the Christ should suffer, and rise again from the dead the third day; and that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in his name unto all the nations, beginning from Jerusalem.”
??Luke? ?24:45-47? ?ASV??
http://bible.com/12/luk.24.45-47.asv

Nothing is said there that ties the death of the Lord Jesus to the forgiveness of sins.

Repentance and remission of sins had been preached by the Baptist prior to the ministry of the Lord Jesus.

Even the founding President of Dallas Theological Seminary understood that Paul was the first to preach the "gospel of grace."

andyc

26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

Relay to me ONE THING that the LORD said (other than the things we have written down).
I will wait.

1Peter 1:8-12 is pretty good.

SaulToPaul 2

Not sure what you're asking.The theme of the thread is talking about revelations from the Holy Spirit to the apostles.

You quote John 14:26 (KJV) but you cannot recite one thing that was "brought in remembrance by the Comforter" (except things already written down).

john w

Hall of Fame
Do you believe the Apostle Paul was a liar ?

PAUL SAID:

Eph 3:5
Which in other ages was not made known unto the sons of men, as it is now revealed unto his holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit;

Eph 3:6
That the Gentiles should be fellowheirs, and of the same body, and partakers of his promise in Christ by the gospel:

All the Apostles received the "mystery" by the Spirit according to the Apostle Paul ! Do you not believe Paul ?

Point one-the apostles referenced here, are not "the 12"-this is referencing the apostles "post Paul"-Paul, Barnabas...............

Acts 14:14 KJV Which when the apostles, Barnabas and Paul, heard of, they rent their clothes, and ran in among the people, crying out,

1 Corinthians 12:28 KJV And God hath set some in the church, first apostles, secondarily prophets, thirdly teachers, after that miracles, then gifts of healings, helps, governments, diversities of tongues.

dodge

None of those passages even hint that anyone before Paul preached the gospel of grace. We can understand that the gospel of which Paul is speaking is strictly for the Gentiles by his remarks here:

"And I went up by revelation, and communicated unto them that gospel which I preach among the Gentiles, but privately to them which were of reputation, lest by any means I should run, or had run, in vain" (Gal.2:2).​

If there were only "one" gospel then there would be absolutely no reason to specify that the gospel that he is speaking of is the one "which I preach among the Gentiles."

If the gospel he preached among the Gentiles was the same gospel which he preached among the Jews then why would he need to go to Jerusalem in order to consider its relationship to the gospel which he had preached earlier in the company of some of the Apostles (Acts 9:27-29)? Of course there would be no reason for him to do that if the gospel which he earlier preached with other apostles was the same one that he was preaching to the Gentiles.

Sometimes in order to understand what is written in the Scriptures all that is need is a little common sense.

I will stay with what Paul taught and he taught you are dividing Christ Jesus !

andyc

You quote John 14:26 (KJV) but you cannot recite one thing that was "brought in remembrance by the Comforter" (except things already written down).

Ah I see what you mean.
The truth was hidden in the word. This is what Peter was talking about. The Spirit of Christ is the Spirit of prophesy. The truth is there in the word, but not understood until the Spirit could enlighten the believer.

dodge

Galations 2:7 KJV -

So you believe Gal.2:7 negates what Paul taught in 1 cor.1:12 and 1Cor.1:13 ? Got ya.

Gal 2:7
But contrariwise, when they saw that the gospel of the uncircumcision was committed unto me, as the gospel of the circumcision was unto Peter;

Same Gospel different folks.