ECT Do those who believe MAD believe the Apostle Paul was a liar ?

dodge

That language of course was later, but they were told he was the Lamb of God that takes away (justification) the sins of the world. Apparently they did not think that included his death; they conceived that that meant something else. But since John that language was there because that is how they first heard of him. No doubt they tried to synthesize it with their inborn Judaism.

If I remember right the following verse was early in Jesus' ministry.

Jhn 2:19
Jesus answered and said unto them, Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up.

dodge

How could they be preaching that Christ died for our sins at a time when they didn't even know that He was going to die?

Jesus told them He was going to die they at that time did not understand what He told them.

Jesus answered and said unto them, Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up.

Scripture goes on to say they remembered this saying AFTER Jesus resurrected, and that is how I know they preached THE one and only Gospel before Paul ever got saved.

Jerry Shugart

That language of course was later, but they were told he was the Lamb of God that takes away (justification) the sins of the world.

If you will examine the words of the Baptist there you will see that he was not speaking about things which will happen in the future.

The gospel of grace was not revealed before Paul and that is why he says "BUT NOW" it is revealed:

"But now apart from the law the righteousness of God has been made known, to which the Law and the Prophets testify. This righteousness is given through the faithfulness of Jesus Christ to all who believe. There is no difference between Jew and Gentile, for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, and all are justified freely by his grace through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus" (Ro.3:21-24).​

dodge

No, they didn't understand that He was going to die so it is impossible that earlier they were preaching that Christ died for sins.

YOU cannot prove from scripture that AFTER the resurrection of Jesus that the Apostles did not preach the D.B.R. as payment for sin. As I said earlier:
Scripture goes on to say they remembered this saying AFTER Jesus resurrected, and that is how I know they preached THE one and only Gospel before Paul ever got saved.

Last edited:

God's Truth

I have been told EXACTLY that by many in MAD. How about if you do not like or agree with the thread just move along.

You know the Gospel to the house of Israel and another Gospel for the gentiles, and FYI I did not misrepresent anyone.

They always pull that deceitful defense.

Danoh

Is it against the rules to post in a larger font ? I see others doing the same.

The double-standards of some.

They'll report those who's views they disagree with; but do not report when their own break such rules.

You best reread the rules of the forum and keep them in mind; you are completely entitled to your views, but enemies they will bring you in the eyes of some in their obvious "dissimulation."

God's Truth

The double-standards of some.

They'll report those who's views they disagree with; but do not report when their own break such rules.

You best reread the rules of the forum and keep them in mind; you are completely entitled to your views, but enemies they will bring you in the eyes of some in their obvious "dissimulation."

He didn't make the font too big; and when I did it I didn't even make it as big as dodge.

Jerry Shugart

YOU cannot prove from scripture that AFTER the resurrection of Jesus that the Apostles did not preach the D.B.R. as payment for sin.

There is absolutely no evidence that anyone preached it before Paul. We have an uninterrupted sermon preached by Peter on the day of Pentecost beginning at Acts 2:14 and ending at Acts 2:36. In that sermon there is not a word about God's "grace" and there is not a word about the purpose of the Lord Jesus' death on the Cross.

Where is your evidence that proves that anyone preached the "gospel of grace" before Paul?

God's Truth

There is absolutely no evidence that anyone preached it before Paul. We have an uninterrupted sermon preached by Peter on the day of Pentecost beginning at Acts 2:14 and ending at Acts 2:36. In that sermon there is not a word about God's "grace" and there is not a word about the purpose of the Lord Jesus' death on the Cross.

Where is your evidence that proves that anyone preached the "gospel of grace" before Paul?

Jesus is the one who came with grace.

John 1:17 For the law was given through Moses; grace and truth came through Jesus Christ.

Interplanner

JerryS wrote:
In that sermon there is not a word about God's "grace" and there is not a word about the purpose of the Lord Jesus' death on the Cross.

Uhhh, sorry, Jerry, but now you sound like a JW about God in Jn 1:1. where do you get this stuff? Grace is miles from forgiveness and a clean slate? The whole purpose of the Holy One's purity (righteousness) Ps 16, was that his sacrifice was an atonement for others. "It was impossible for death to keep its hold on him". That is the exact thought of Hebrews on the indestructible life of Messiah and his sacrifice.

The issue of the resurrection in Judaism was not whether it would happen (Acts 26:8) but whether anyone was acceptable enough to God to be raised, and the Christian preaching surprised everyone by saying Christ was. That was 'skandalizo' 1, because they had killed him, and 2, because the Holy One had made the visit prophesied.

Your familiarity with the NT is entirely suspect. I've just never seen it in black and white like this.

No wonder you can accept the 'plain meaning' of Acts 2:30, 31 as the enthronement by resurrection! You are off in a completely artificial world.

The resurrection is the fulfillment of all that was promised to the fathers.

Interplanner

Jerry,
your stopping at 36 is dishonest because you have cast this thing as a sermon. as though everything done there was planned for that week at 9am.

The strange noises happened and he heard people chattering about their reactions and went to explain. It surprised everyone. So he's in the crowd in the street and they are all standing close around and they asked him what to do.

"this man was handed over by God's set purpose and foreknowledge" is NOT a declaration as to purpose?.

2P2P has made a fool of you!

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
The resurrection is the fulfillment of all that was promised to the fathers.

No, the resurrection is the guarantee that all which was promised to the fathers will be fulfilled and just as literally as was the birth, life, death, resurrection and ascension.

Danoh

No, the resurrection is the guarantee that all which was promised to the fathers will be fulfilled and just as literally as was the birth, life, death, resurrection and ascension.

And THAT right THERE is WHERE the LAND Promise is REPEATEDLY brought up - BOTH by The Lord HIMSELF AND His enemies in Matthew thru John.

In the many passages touching on resurrection issues (including, in Acts).

Man o man have I been waiting forever for just one of you to bring that one up :thumb:

Those to whom this applies - now...let the many passages long stored up in your inward man from time in the Word...flood your conscience awareness...

Yes!

Go Steko - Go!!!