ECT Do Madists break bread?

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
LA the Great Guru has not asked himself why Paul praised the Corinthians for keeping the ordinances he delivered unto them, but years later asked the Colossians why they were subject to ordinances at all.

You claimed the body of Christ is not subject to ordinances.

Col 2:13 And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath he quickened together with him, having forgiven you all trespasses;
Col 2:14 Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross;

Those were not the ordinances Paul taught that believers should keep.

Col 2:20 Wherefore if ye be dead with Christ from the rudiments of the world, why, as though living in the world, are ye subject to ordinances,
Col 2:21 (Touch not; taste not; handle not;
Col 2:22 Which all are to perish with the using;) after the commandments and doctrines of men?
Col 2:23 Which things have indeed a shew of wisdom in will worship, and humility, and neglecting of the body; not in any honour to the satisfying of the flesh.

Paul did not teach there something different to what he said here--

1Co 11:1 Be ye followers of me, even as I also am of Christ.
1Co 11:2 Now I praise you, brethren, that ye remember me in all things, and keep the ordinances, as I delivered them to you.

LA

Interplanner

Col 2:13 And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath he quickened together with him, having forgiven you all trespasses;
Col 2:14 Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross;

Col 2:20 Wherefore if ye be dead with Christ from the rudiments of the world, why, as though living in the world, are ye subject to ordinances,
Col 2:22 Which all are to perish with the using;) after the commandments and doctrines of men?
Col 2:23 Which things have indeed a shew of wisdom in will worship, and humility, and neglecting of the body; not in any honour to the satisfying of the flesh.

1Co 11:2 Now I praise you, brethren, that ye remember me in all things, and keep the ordinances, as I delivered them to you.

LA

StoP,
they really don't compare. All the Lord's supper was was a meal like the seder with the Gospel expressed rather than the texts from Exodus. So simple it could be observed in many Gentile contexts. The fault at Corinth was not doing the sacred procedure wrong; there wasn't much. It was that people were there to stuff themselves or not waiting or not polite.

that's totally different from the neo-Judaism at Colossians which really was spending all its effort on dietary and ceremonial law, although I don't know exactly what they did when it came to animal sacrifice. They even believed the same angels that spoke to Moses had visited them.

SaulToPaul 2

LA

Tell me which ordinances 1 Corinthians refers to, and then tell me which ordinances Colossians refers to.

SaulToPaul 2

Acts 15:19 Wherefore my sentence is, that we trouble not them, which from among the Gentiles are turned to God:

Acts 15:20 But that we write unto them, that they abstain from pollutions of idols, and from fornication, and from things strangled, and from blood.

Colossians 2:20 Wherefore if ye be dead with Christ from the rudiments of the world, why, as though living in the world, are ye subject to ordinances,

Colossians 2:21 (Touch not; taste not; handle not;

Colossians 2:22 Which all are to perish with the using; ) after the commandments and doctrines of men?

SaulToPaul 2

The handwriting of ordinances delivered in Acts 15 eliminated certain types of Gentiles. These ordinances were imposed so as to not offend the Jews to whom Paul was sent...to the Jew first, and also the Greek.
These are the ordinances referred to by Paul in 1 Corinthians 11.

By the close of Acts, the remnant of Jews was gathered into the Body, and the ordinances were no longer necessary.

Hence, what we find in Colossians.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
StoP,
they really don't compare. All the Lord's supper was was a meal like the seder with the Gospel expressed rather than the texts from Exodus. So simple it could be observed in many Gentile contexts. The fault at Corinth was not doing the sacred procedure wrong; there wasn't much. It was that people were there to stuff themselves or not waiting or not polite.

that's totally different from the neo-Judaism at Colossians which really was spending all its effort on dietary and ceremonial law, although I don't know exactly what they did when it came to animal sacrifice. They even believed the same angels that spoke to Moses had visited them.

You have to understand that Paul did not blab the true meaning to the world, so that the religionists can carry on a tradition thinking they are obeying Christ .

Eating and drinking unworthily has nothing to do with bread and wine except in the new covenant sense of it.

oh 6:32 Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Moses gave you not that bread from heaven; but my Father giveth you the true bread from heaven.
Joh 6:33 For the bread of God is he which cometh down from heaven, and giveth life unto the world.
Joh 6:34 Then said they unto him, Lord, evermore give us this bread.
Joh 6:35 And Jesus said unto them, I am the bread of life: he that cometh to me shall never hunger; and he that believeth on me shall never thirst.

It is not a one time practice.

LA

glorydaz

The handwriting of ordinances delivered in Acts 15 eliminated certain types of Gentiles. These ordinances were imposed so as to not offend the Jews to whom Paul was sent...to the Jew first, and also the Greek.

By the close of Acts, the remnant of Jews was gathered into the Body, and the ordinances were no longer necessary.

Makes perfect sense to me. Paul certainly went out of his way to not offend the Jews.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

The New Covenant Temple began on the day of Pentecost and believers were added to it in the same way to this very day.

Act 1:4 And, being assembled together with them, commanded them that they should not depart from Jerusalem, but wait for the promise of the Father, which, saith he, ye have heard of me.
Act 1:5 For John truly baptized with water; but ye shall be baptized with the Holy Ghost not many days hence. Act 1:6 When they therefore were come together, they asked of him, saying, Lord, wilt thou at this time restore again the kingdom to Israel?
Act 1:7 And he said unto them, It is not for you to know the times or the seasons, which the Father hath put in his own power.
Act 1:8 But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.

Act 2:1 And when the day of Pentecost was fully come, they were all with one accord in one place.
Act 2:2 And suddenly there came a sound from heaven as of a rushing mighty wind, and it filled all the house where they were sitting.
Act 2:3 And there appeared unto them cloven tongues like as of fire, and it sat upon each of them.
Act 2:4 And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance.

Act 2:36 Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made that same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ.
Act 2:37 Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men and brethren, what shall we do?
Act 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
Act 2:39 For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call.

Act 2:46 And they, continuing daily with one accord in the temple, and breaking bread from house to house, did eat their meat with gladness and singleness of heart,
Act 2:47 Praising God, and having favour with all the people. And the Lord added to the church daily such as should be saved.

LA

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
LA the Great Guru has not asked himself why Paul praised the Corinthians for keeping the ordinances he delivered unto them, but years later asked the Colossians why they were subject to ordinances at all.

That is what happens when you ignore the risen Lord Jesus Christ and his statement that he has revealed and has yet to reveal things to him. There was nothing to reveal according to them.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
The verses speak for themselves, they prove everything.

The tradition without the practice the tradition points to, is worthless.

The rejection of the tradition, without the practice of the tradition points to, is death.

Practicing that which the tradition points to is acceptable, but of little use in teaching others of what it means.

The law was given in order to teach the truth from.

It is a mistake to throw out all tradition, for in the hands of the wise they are teaching tools.

However the grapejuice and broken crackers are a poor representation of the truth to teach from.

Joh 6:53 Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, ye have no life in you.
Joh 6:54 Whoso eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day.
Joh 6:55 For my flesh is meat indeed, and my blood is drink indeed.
Joh 6:56 He that eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, dwelleth in me, and I in him.
Joh 6:57 As the living Father hath sent me, and I live by the Father: so he that eateth me, even he shall live by me.
Joh 6:58 This is that bread which came down from heaven: not as your fathers did eat manna, and are dead: he that eateth of this bread shall live for ever.

It is not a one time event--

Mat 4:4 But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.

LA

The book of John was referring to the Hebrews. Not the Gentiles.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
The New Covenant Temple began on the day of Pentecost and believers were added to it in the same way to this very day.

Act 1:4 And, being assembled together with them, commanded them that they should not depart from Jerusalem, but wait for the promise of the Father, which, saith he, ye have heard of me.
Act 1:5 For John truly baptized with water; but ye shall be baptized with the Holy Ghost not many days hence. Act 1:6 When they therefore were come together, they asked of him, saying, Lord, wilt thou at this time restore again the kingdom to Israel?
Act 1:7 And he said unto them, It is not for you to know the times or the seasons, which the Father hath put in his own power.
Act 1:8 But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.

Act 2:1 And when the day of Pentecost was fully come, they were all with one accord in one place.
Act 2:2 And suddenly there came a sound from heaven as of a rushing mighty wind, and it filled all the house where they were sitting.
Act 2:3 And there appeared unto them cloven tongues like as of fire, and it sat upon each of them.
Act 2:4 And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance.

Act 2:36 Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made that same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ.
Act 2:37 Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men and brethren, what shall we do?
Act 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
Act 2:39 For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call.

Act 2:46 And they, continuing daily with one accord in the temple, and breaking bread from house to house, did eat their meat with gladness and singleness of heart,
Act 2:47 Praising God, and having favour with all the people. And the Lord added to the church daily such as should be saved.

LA

These verses were referring to the House of Israel. You just
can't seem to get anything right? How come?

Danoh

GM, admittedly, that the Apostle Paul goes into what he does in 2 Corinthians 3, has often thrown off even many MADists.

This is because simply asserting (or merely hearing) "that's not for us" (if the issue was even properly addressed during its exposition, to begin with, or not heard, when it was) does not really solve for that.

And that is within MAD. Can't well expect someone like Lazy Afternoon and many like him, who have yet to demonstrate a clear understanding of MAD to begin with, to understand "that's not for us," let alone, its' dynamic (how a thing works, applies, or does not, how it does, or does not apply, and this, in light of how other, much more overall things in general, work together).

Because, as with the dynamic of the Body, this is a lots of parts "fitly joined and compacted together by that which every joint supplieth" kind of a thing.

One part out of whack; not properly in place; one fry short of a Happy Meal, if you will, can result in a lot of the rest being thrown off; in its being understood in a way that makes sense to the individual, only out of their unawareness of that one piece out of whack, if not missing, altogether, to begin with.

SaulToPaul 2

LA

Irrelevant to my post

SaulToPaul 2

To some people it's as if the risen Lord went to heaven and never revealed anything to Paul. :think:

Yes, and even many MAD wackos miss this:

Acts 26:16 But rise, and stand upon thy feet: for I have appeared unto thee for this purpose, to make thee a minister and a witness both of these things which thou hast seen, and of those things in the which I will appear unto thee;

1. These things, have appeared
2. Those things, will appear

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
GM, admittedly, that the Apostle Paul goes into what he does in 2 Corinthians 3, has often thrown off even many MADists.

This is because simply asserting (or merely hearing) "that's not for us" (if the issue was even properly addressed during its exposition, to begin with, or not heard, when it was) does not really solve for that.

And that is within MAD. Can't well expect someone like Lazy Afternoon and many like him, who have yet to demonstrate a clear understanding of MAD to begin with, to understand "that's not for us," let alone, its' dynamic (how a thing works, applies, or does not, how it does, or does not apply, and this, in light of how other, much more overall things in general, work together).

LA, she's a women who does not believe in the divinity of Christ. She always falls back on the OT as if all pertinent resides there:wave2: