ECT Disposing of a MAD list

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
It was Interplanner, not GT who I was posting with. Sorry GT. Interplanner said this: "Too many of the disciples capitulated, like Peter. God was determined to succeed. Only with a turn around like Paul would you get someone who would call the whole previous life in Judaism 'trash.'

God's Truth

It was Interplanner, not GT who I was posting with. Sorry GT. Interplanner said this: "Too many of the disciples capitulated, like Peter. God was determined to succeed. Only with a turn around like Paul would you get someone who would call the whole previous life in Judaism 'trash.'

The old purification laws are weak and miserable ways compared to the new law of Christ.

Hebrews 3:7 Jesus has been found worthy of greater honor than Moses, just as the builder of a house has greater honor than the house itself.

Danoh

I do have scriptures that say that.

Read this scripture:

Acts 22:21 "Then the Lord said to me, 'Go; I will send you far away to the Gentiles.'"

Did you read that?

Madists think Jesus said that because Jesus had a different gospel for Paul to preach to the Gentiles, but just read the scriptures prior to that.

Acts 22:19 "'Lord,' I replied, 'these people know that I went from one synagogue to another to imprison and beat those who believe in you.

See, the Jews were trying to kill Paul because they remembered him as being the one who would have Jewish believers in Christ put in prison, and they thought Paul was just trying to trick them into saying they believe in Christ so Paul could take them to prison too.

Acts 22:18 and saw the Lord speaking to me. 'Quick!' he said. 'Leave Jerusalem immediately, because the people here will not accept your testimony about me.'

Did you read that?

Jesus did NOT tell him, "Quick, leave Jerusalem immediately, because I have a different idea, I will give you a new gospel."

You took all that completely out of its' context.

Interplanner is just as clueless.

God's Truth

You took all that completely out of its' context.

Interplanner is just as clueless.

Your mere opinions are no defense for anything but falseness.

What else has Satan left you with?

All you got are mere denial, slander, insults, etc. You don't have truth.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Interplanner, You seem to think that Peter and the rest were scared of Paul and that was the REASON they sent him to the Gentiles? You still haven't PROVED that assumption? Galations 2:7-8 states: "But contrariwise, when they saw that the gospel of the uncircumcision was committed unto me, as the gospel of the circumcision was unto Peter; (For he that wrought effectually in Peter to the apostleship of the circumcision, the same was mighty in me toward the Gentiles:)

Where is FEAR mentioned as their motivation??

God's Truth

Interplanner, You seem to think that Peter and the rest were scared of Paul and that was the REASON they sent him to the Gentiles? You still haven't PROVED that assumption? Galations 2:7-8 states: "But contrariwise, when they saw that the gospel of the uncircumcision was committed unto me, as the gospel of the circumcision was unto Peter; (For he that wrought effectually in Peter to the apostleship of the circumcision, the same was mighty in me toward the Gentiles:)

You are trying desperately to nullify scripture with scripture.

You can put NO SCRIPTURE ASIDE.

See John 10:35.

Interplanner

Hmmm, I'm not sure that was what I was saying and it may have got confused with GT's points.

When I said the other disciples capitulated (to Judaism) I meant that they were afraid of Judaism, not Paul-as-a-trickster-Christian. There were cases of the latter, 9:13, 21, 26. I'm referring to 12:1 and of course ch 8.

The fear of persecution may have confined the church badly, and so God seized Paul and almost immediately gave him his mission to the nations, 9:15.

musterion

Insults are less dangerous than "Another gospel."

Everyone who believes they have to work else they'll lose out on salvation can't stand those who know they're unconditionally safe and secure in Christ. Instead of questioning what they believe to see if maybe -- just maybe! -- they can have that God-given, Christ-bought, Spirit-sealed surety too, they'd rather destroy you so they can continue to live in fear.

God's Truth

Everyone who believes they have to work else they'll lose out on salvation can't stand those who know they're unconditionally safe and secure in Christ. Instead of questioning what they believe to see if maybe -- just maybe! -- they can have that God-given, Christ-bought, Spirit-sealed surety too, they'd rather destroy you so they can continue to live in fear.

How do you eat Jesus' flesh if you do not obey? When was the last time you obeyed? You must be starving to death.