ECT Disposing of a MAD list

God's Truth

Too many of the disciples capitulated, like Peter. God was determined to succeed. Only with a turn around like Paul would you get someone who would call the whole previous life in Judaism 'trash.'

Judaism without faith was the problem. Judaism was NOT based on faith.

Galatians 3:12 The law is not based on faith; on the contrary, it says, "The person who does these things will live by them."

Paul was not calling all of Judaism trash. He was calling his education and pride trash.

God's Truth

IP, what was the reason why Paul was made The Apostle to the Gentiles?

It was decided that Paul should go to the Gentiles because the Jews didn't trust Paul; they thought Paul speaking about Christ was a trick so that if a Jew said they believed in Christ, then Paul was going to take them to prison.

Interplanner

Judaism without faith was the problem. Judaism was NOT based on faith.

Galatians 3:12 The law is not based on faith; on the contrary, it says, "The person who does these things will live by them."

Paul was not calling all of Judaism trash. He was calling his education and pride trash.

In Rom 10, it is their own righteousness, and is not according to knowledge. In Phil 3, everything he had been raised in including his pedigree was called trash.

God's Truth

In Rom 10, it is their own righteousness,
That is about the Jews making themselves clean by doing the commanded purification works. They had to make themselves clean.
and is not according to knowledge.

They did not want to accept the fact that those righteous purification acts were only teaching tools and a shadow.

In Phil 3, everything he had been raised in including his pedigree was called trash.

Paul was not calling the old law trash. Paul would not do such a thing.

Interplanner

That is about the Jews making themselves clean by doing the commanded purification works. They had to make themselves clean.

They did not want to accept the fact that those righteous purification acts were only teaching tools and a shadow.

Paul was not calling the old law trash. Paul would not do such a thing.

Have fun with the lead up to 3:8 (rubbish = trash).

The law was called the 'weak and miserable elements of the world' in Gal 4 and Col 2. He never meant the ethical core. He meant the parts that got in the way of evangelizing the world, including the odor of religion.

Danoh

The law was called the 'weak and miserable elements of the world' in Gal 4 and Col 2. He never meant the ethical core. He meant the parts that got in the way of evangelizing the world, including the odor of religion.

Yeah; keep spinning your Preterist yarns.

Romans 7:12 Wherefore the law is holy, and the commandment holy, and just, and good.

God's Truth

The shadow is nothing compared to the reality, Jesus Christ.

He still did not call the old law trash.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
It was decided that Paul should go to the Gentiles because the Jews didn't trust Paul; they thought Paul speaking about Christ was a trick so that if a Jew said they believed in Christ, then Paul was going to take them to prison.

Really? Do you have Scripture to back that up or is it just your opinion?

Interplanner

This is from musterion's closed thread (how do they get closed?)

That is the #1 reason dispensationalism (Mid-Acts in particular) is so hated: it's the only view that consistently and inflexibly observes the Israel/Body distinction as a non-negotiable. It refutes their false belief that God intends to someday restore Israel as Israel.

??? D'ism affirms that God intends to restore Israel as Israel.

I don't know why the thread would be closed for that reason; it is expressed in many other eschatological threads.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
This is from musterion's closed thread (how do they get closed?)

Because he's immature.

That is the #1 reason dispensationalism (Mid-Acts in particular) is so hated: it's the only view that consistently and inflexibly observes the Israel/Body distinction as a non-negotiable. It refutes their false belief that God intends to someday restore Israel as Israel.

??? D'ism affirms that God intends to restore Israel as Israel.

I don't know why the thread would be closed for that reason; it is expressed in many other eschatological threads.

Like most Darby followers, musterion can't defend Dispensationlaism when it is tested with scripture.

So, he doesn't want anyone challenging what he says.

Interplanner

Because he's immature.

Like most Darby followers, musterion can't defend Dispensationlaism when it is tested with scripture.

So, he doesn't want anyone challenging what he says.

OK...but doesn't his last sentence in quote still need a negative on either side of the equation?

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
OK...but doesn't his last sentence in quote still need a negative on either side of the equation?

Oh, I see your point.

Here is his last sentence:

It refutes their false belief that God intends to someday restore Israel as Israel.

I guess he said it backwards.

It's the Darby followers who have the false belief that someday God will restore Israel as Israel.

God's Truth

Really? Do you have Scripture to back that up or is it just your opinion?

I do have scriptures that say that.

Read this scripture:

Acts 22:21 "Then the Lord said to me, 'Go; I will send you far away to the Gentiles.'"

Did you read that?

Madists think Jesus said that because Jesus had a different gospel for Paul to preach to the Gentiles, but just read the scriptures prior to that.

Acts 22:19 "'Lord,' I replied, 'these people know that I went from one synagogue to another to imprison and beat those who believe in you.

See, the Jews were trying to kill Paul because they remembered him as being the one who would have Jewish believers in Christ put in prison, and they thought Paul was just trying to trick them into saying they believe in Christ so Paul could take them to prison too.

Acts 22:18 and saw the Lord speaking to me. 'Quick!' he said. 'Leave Jerusalem immediately, because the people here will not accept your testimony about me.'

Did you read that?

Jesus did NOT tell him, "Quick, leave Jerusalem immediately, because I have a different idea, I will give you a new gospel."

Interplanner

Read this scripture:

Acts 22:21 "Then the Lord said to me, 'Go; I will send you far away to the Gentiles.'"

Did you read that?

Madists think Jesus said that because Jesus had a different gospel for Paul to preach to the Gentiles, but just read the scriptures prior to that.

Acts 22:19 "'Lord,' I replied, 'these people know that I went from one synagogue to another to imprison and beat those who believe in you.

See, the Jews were trying to kill Paul because they remembered him as being the one who would have Jewish believers in Christ put in prison, and they thought Paul was just trying to trick them into saying they believe in Christ so Paul could take them to prison too.

Acts 22:18 and saw the Lord speaking to me. 'Quick!' he said. 'Leave Jerusalem immediately, because the people here will not accept your testimony about me.'

Did you read that?

Jesus did NOT tell him, "Quick, leave Jerusalem immediately, because I have a different idea, I will give you a new gospel."

Thanks GT, well done! Attentive!

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame

Read this scripture:

Did you read that?

Did you read that?

Delete

Interplanner

Yeah; keep spinning your Preterist yarns.

Romans 7:12 Wherefore the law is holy, and the commandment holy, and just, and good.

I have allowed for that. You have not allowed for trash and for 'the weak and miserable elements of the world.'