ECT Dispensationalism Defined

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
"Inherit the land (την γην)" as is the meaning is an ancient saying of receiving blessings.

The land promises are typical (that is a Type) of some larger Kingdom reality. The "land" is treated as a type of heaven in Hebrews when Paul talks about the fact that the Israelites never achieved the Promised rest that still remains. Paul, in Ephesians 5, uses the promise of living long in the land, as a promise to covenant children everywhere.

When Our Lord promises it, He means that the meek shall be received into His kingdom, and partake of its blessings here, and of the glories of the heavenly Canaan hereafter.

AMR
When the new heaven and the new Earth come about, will they be the same thing?

Cross Reference

CR understands what "Christian man, in general" doesn't.

That is true. According to His written word, His truth is for those who seek Him with their whole heart. In learning how to do that, He has rewarded me with the knowledge of His ways to the degree I have found Him. Progress in my endeavor has not always be easy because of the ongoing war that remains within me, between the law of my flesh and God's Law. (Jer. 29:13; Rom.7) So I am thankful that you have begun to 'see' that. :cool:;)

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I am not even Mid-Acts, really, though I favor it over all other approaches.

Really?

Not even Mid-Acts huh?

Let's look at some of your other posts:

Thanks for all that input, fellow Mid-Actsers!

AND:

we're Mid-Actsers, after all - our minds set to noting obvious distinctions

AND:

its great to be a Mid-Acts Believer with each and every one of you on here - with every one of you!

:dizzy:

You're eve more confused than I originally thought.

HisServant

Your every post is the typical "one size fits all" as to others not of your school.

Fact is that if the Apostle Paul was given, dispensed, a special dispensation, what was given, or dispensed unto him, makes it a dispensational aspect.

Likewise with when it was given him.

And if he had believed that a dispensation had been dispensed unto him that made him a Dispensationalist as to that much.

A steward given a stewardship to steward over its stewards during its stewardship.

Luke 12:

42. And the Lord said, Who then is that faithful and wise steward, whom his lord shall make ruler over his household, to give them their portion of meat in due season?

Examples of that in all its aspects - Hebrews 3:

1. Wherefore, holy brethren, partakers of the heavenly calling, consider the Apostle and High Priest of our profession, Christ Jesus;
2. Who was faithful to him that appointed him, as also Moses was faithful in all his house.
3. For this man was counted worthy of more glory than Moses, inasmuch as he who hath builded the house hath more honour than the house.
4. For every house is builded by some man; but he that built all things is God.
5. And Moses verily was faithful in all his house, as a servant, for a testimony of those things which were to be spoken after;
6. But Christ as a son over his own house; whose house are we, if we hold fast the confidence and the rejoicing of the hope firm unto the end.

1 Corinthians 4:

1. Let a man so account of us, as of the ministers of Christ, and stewards of the mysteries of God.
2. Moreover it is required in stewards, that a man be found faithful.

Ephesians 3:

1. For this cause I Paul, the prisoner of Jesus Christ for you Gentiles,
2. If ye have heard of the dispensation of the grace of God which is given me to you-ward:
3. How that by revelation he made known unto me the mystery; (as I wrote afore in few words,
4. Whereby, when ye read, ye may understand my knowledge in the mystery of Christ)
5. Which in other ages was not made known unto the sons of men, as it is now revealed unto his holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit;

Discount it how the eyes of your understanding will; when viewing it though your system, the fact remains that a Dispensation centers around six key aspects the Lord Himself had understood it to be comprised of:

Luke 12:

42. And [1] the Lord said, Who then is that [2] faithful and wise steward, whom his lord shall [3]make ruler over [4] his household, to give them [5] their portion of meat [6] in due season?

Pauls' 'dispensation' was nothing more than a special permission from God to go preach to the gentiles. That is all it is... you keep making mountains out of molehills.

Also, your eschatology is of no earthly good to God... it is totally worthless and only serves to divide the brethren.

The fighting baptists are rampant in this thread... the spirit of discord follows them. Such behavior is anti-christ and of the devil.

Jerry Shugart

What you are is a bullying, condescending, hypocrite. Plain and simple.

You attack me in the hope that no one will notice that you did not answer my remarks to what you said here:

A Stewardship or Dispensation involves six issues:

A Lord dispensing unto

A faithful and wise Steward a Stewardship

Over a Household on said Lord's behalf

To give or dispense unto Them Their Meat

The Meat?

What is the Meat in the present dispensation of the grace of God?

Surely you have an answer, unless you were just making things up?

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Temp Banned
your black and white, yes or no questions
one size fits all approach
I'm glad you don't fixate on those, cause both can leave one stagnant in their understanding.

Jesus was asked "yes or no" questions, but did not answer with a yes or no.
Case in point ----
Matthew 22 KJV
(17) Tell us therefore, What thinkest thou? Is it lawful to give tribute unto Caesar, or not?​

As for "black and white" ....
The law said the holy temple shewbread was to be eaten only by priest.
It's WRONG to break the law, right?
So would it be WRONG to feed the shewbread to folks that are not priests?
Was the priest that fed the shewbread to the hungry David and his army WRONG for doing so?

One of my favorite passages of scripture:
Ecclesiastes 3 KJV
(1) To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:
(2) A time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up that which is planted;
(3) A time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up;
(4) A time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance;
(5) A time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones together; a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing;
(6) A time to get, and a time to lose; a time to keep, and a time to cast away;
(7) A time to rend, and a time to sew; a time to keep silence, and a time to speak;
(8) A time to love, and a time to hate; a time of war, and a time of peace.​

At any given situation in life, you need to ask yourself .... "What time is it?"
Because one of those things might be the right thing to do at one time, but the wrong thing to do at another time.

Jerry Shugart

Really?

Not even Mid-Acts huh?

Let's look at some of your other posts:

You're eve more confused than I originally thought.

You are right. There is no one more confused on this forum than Danoh!

Which one is it Danoh? Are you Mid-Acts or are you not Mid-Acts?

StanJ

When Jesus said the meek will inherit the Earth, what did He mean?

The Greek used is γῆ (gē), which in the NT context, connotes, by way of eminence, the chosen land. In Matt 5:5, this is part and parcel of the Beatitudes, and on the whole is directed at the Children of Israel, although may surely find application in our own lives.

Danoh

I'm glad you don't fixate on those, cause both can leave one stagnant in their understanding.

Jesus was asked "yes or no" questions, but did not answer with a yes or no.
Case in point ----
Matthew 22 KJV
(17) Tell us therefore, What thinkest thou? Is it lawful to give tribute unto Caesar, or not?​

As for "black and white" ....
The law said the holy temple shewbread was to be eaten only by priest.
It's WRONG to break the law, right?
So would it be WRONG to feed the shewbread to folks that are not priests?
Was the priest that fed the shewbread to the hungry David and his army WRONG for doing so?

One of my favorite passages of scripture:
Ecclesiastes 3 KJV
(1) To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:
(2) A time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up that which is planted;
(3) A time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up;
(4) A time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance;
(5) A time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones together; a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing;
(6) A time to get, and a time to lose; a time to keep, and a time to cast away;
(7) A time to rend, and a time to sew; a time to keep silence, and a time to speak;
(8) A time to love, and a time to hate; a time of war, and a time of peace.​

At any given situation in life, you need to ask yourself .... "What time is it?"
Because one of those things might be the right thing to do at one time, but the wrong thing to do at another time.

You get this Neither Nor Principle!

Nice!

It is from it that, although I subscribe to the Mid-Acts Perspective, at the same time, I do not.

In the sense that I try not to be so bogged down to where I end up where many within the Perspective do - unable to see anything not written in a passage.

For example, at times the Apostle Paul gives an instruction he relates was not given him by the Lord. That it is his - the Apostle Paul's own - instruction.

Obviously, he is making that decision from within his God given Perspective - the Mystery.

The Mystery's "neither bond, nor free," and all its other same kinds of "neither... nor" is from that.

I assert I am neither Calvinist, nor Arminian, from this same sense - the Mystery's sense of "neither... nor."

It flies right over the head of some.

Not because I am smarter, or what have you - this also is my application of this Neither Nor Principle.

Looking at things from right and wrong, black and white, or what have you, will get in the way of seeing "what is the fellowship of the mystery" beyond "that which is written."

Will get in the way of being able to see "more and more in knowledge and in all judgment;" Philippians 1:10.

Will get in the way of being "able to comprehend with all saints what is the breadth, and length, and depth, and height;" Eph. 3:18.

Danoh

You are right. There is no one more confused on this forum than Danoh!

Which one is it Danoh? Are you Mid-Acts or are you not Mid-Acts?

Considering how often your buddy Tel, proved by his own words against the great Hilston, some years back, how incompetent Tel is at being able to understand what's what with any real depth; his remark does not surprise me. He is just being consistent in his same old pattern... as are you...

Jerry Shugart

The Greek used is γῆ (gē), which in the NT context, connotes, by way of eminence, the chosen land.

That is true only if the context demands it. And at Matthew 5:5 there is nothing in the context which even hints that the subject is the land of Israel.

StanJ

That is true only if the context demands it. And at Matthew 5:5 there is nothing in the context which even hints that the subject is the land of Israel.

Well as He was speaking to the lost sheep of Israel of course that is the context. Denying it doesn't make you right Jerry, just consistent with what you do when proper exegesis is given. The fact that you don't even try to explain yourself, is also typical.

Jerry Shugart

Well as He was speaking to the lost sheep of Israel of course that is the context. Denying it doesn't make you right Jerry, just consistent with what you do when proper exegesis is given. The fact that you don't even try to explain yourself, is also typical.

I did explain myself and you know it. Just because He was speaking to the lost sheep of Israel doesn't mean that the context demands that the meaning is the "land" of Israel.

Here we see the Lord Jesus addressing Jews but despite that the meaning of is not the land of Israel:

"And take heed to yourselves, lest at any time your hearts be overcharged with surfeiting, and drunkenness, and cares of this life, and so that day come upon you unawares. For as a snare shall it come on all them that dwell on the face of the whole earth (gē)" (Lk.21:34-35).​

Denying it doesn't make you right Jerry, just consistent with what you do when proper exegesis is given.

I cannot find even one translation of Matthew 5:5 which agrees with your idea that the "land of Israel" is the correct translation. Your ego is so inflated that you think that you know more than all of the Greek experts.

This is just one example as to why no one takes you seriously.

StanJ

I did explain myself and you know it. Just because He was speaking to the lost sheep of Israel doesn't mean that the context demands that the meaning is the "land" of Israel.

Here we see the Lord Jesus addressing Jews but despite that the meaning ofis not the land of Israel:
"And take heed to yourselves, lest at any time your hearts be overcharged with surfeiting, and drunkenness, and cares of this life, and so that day come upon you unawares. For as a snare shall it come on all them that dwell on the face of the whole earth (gē)" (Lk.21:34-35).

I cannot find even one translation of Matthew 5:5 which agrees with your idea that the "land of Israel" is the correct translation. Your ego is so inflated that you think that you know more than all of the Greek experts.

This is just one example as to why no one takes you seriously.

Of course it does, because that is who He was speaking to, and THAT is the context. That you always seem to not see the proper context in any scripture and equivocate about the connotations of words that have more than one connotations IMO shows you really don't understand basic grammatical rules.
Wasn't it you who said you like the YLT?
The difference between the two verses is that Matt just states earth and Luke states "on the face of the whole earth". Aside from that the context is clear, at least to those who understand what CONTEXT is.
I suggest you learn that immediately.

Cross Reference

Question that might help:

When Satan, in the book of Revelations, is cast out of heaven, what heaven do you suppose that is since, from the beginning, no sin can/could ever stand in the presence God? Think about it since there are 3 heavens and one never needs to be made new.

Cross Reference

Pauls' 'dispensation' was nothing more than a special permission from God to go preach to the gentiles. That is all it is... you keep making mountains out of molehills.

Also, your eschatology is of no earthly good to God... it is totally worthless and only serves to divide the brethren.

The fighting baptists are rampant in this thread... the spirit of discord follows them. Such behavior is anti-christ and of the devil.

That is because they have only 3 subjects in the scriptures by which
they judge the rest of folk who don't agree with them:

1. What is salvation aside from being a free ticket out of hell?

2. The sovereignty of God without consideration to His Nature.

3. The endtimes so called, rapture of all believers.