Discussion thread for AMR and God's Truth Trinity Debate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

God's Truth

When you are involved? <--(not persecution, not a personal attack. It is an assessment of ability, such is personal in that it is you, it is not an attack ).
Your little opinion is wrong.
Don't self-martyr yourself!

(double ▲check▲ 'self' 'yourself' ....yup )

An assessment is not a character assassination. Sorry. Nice try at martyrdom.

You want to stab me in the back, and demand I be quiet about it too. You want to deny you did it, and you want me to pretend it did not even happen.

God's Truth

Let's just take these two statements and please listen to AMR and yourself:
Let's compare:

AMR: 450 scriptures.

GT: 69 scriptures

AMR: around 20 helpful links and about 30 quotes supporting

GT: zero links, zero quotes from anyone thinking like she does.

AMR: about 165 paragraphs

GT: A lot of one-line sentences and some combinations for about 50 paragraphs.

Some of my counting work, if you doubt:

AMR post #1 60 scripture references, not just listed, but expounded upon and 4 links to doctrinal statements and discussions and about 15 paragraphs of substantial discussion on the nature and being of God.

Dolores' Truth (or whatever your name is) Post #1

No scripture and 1 paragraph about: "I don't want to have to read (AMR's 60 verses or 4 links or long post)."

:doh:

Dolores' post #2 (or whatever your name is):

8 verses on resurrected bodies and Jesus' physical body And one sentence.
Point? I don't know. The question was either 'yes' or 'no' and wasn't answered. :idunno:

AMR's post #2: 3 paragraphs asking Dolores (or whatever your name is) to understand what a yes or no answer to a yes or no question is supposed to look like.

Dolores (or whatever your name is) post #3:

Two sentence: I already told you, but I don't understand how to answer a simple yes or no question! Stop harassing me!

AMR post #3: Dolores (or whatever your name is), please please just answer the question?

Dolores Post #4:
Jesus existed in the Spiritual body of the Man Jesus before the creation of anything.

AMR Post #4 Do you know who else believes similarly as you do? 5 paragraphs.

AMR Post #5 About 17 Paragraphs, 45 scriptures, and 4 links.

GT Dolores's #5 5 sentences, no scriptures, starting with, "I don't care to read...."

Which is more than evident. We thought that about you a LONG time ago. This isn't a character attack, you just told us so to prove the point.

AMR Post #6 3 Paragraphs: :doh:!!!

Dolores Post # 6 "Doh all you like, I ain't reading it! 5 sentences.

Dolores Post # 1 Copy/paste with one sentence: Please answer my question.

AMR post #7 Er, I answered that question Post #5. See?

End of page 1 of the debate. It was a lot of work trying to see how much you love God's word and actually talk about it. Not a lot. Talk is cheap and you failed to deliver.

Crying "but I love you God, really!" doesn't cut it.

I cannot even force myself to read all this nonsense you wrote.

AMR did NOT even answer my questions, nor did he respond as asked; not only that, I have shown EXACTLY WHEN AND HOW he twists the scriptures. AMR was a major failure at defending his false beliefs, just as all in falseness.

God's Truth

If a sinner would remotely have the ability to bring anything to Jesus Christ and what He did at the Cross of Calvary, that sinner would be asserting that Jesus Christ and what He did at the Cross of Calvary was not enough and the sinner better get his/her act together so that he/she can help God's plan of salvation along adding his/her ‘obedience’ to God’s plan.
What you say is ignorant blind nonsense.
A sinner is not bringing just anything to Jesus. The sinner is OBEYING WHAT GOD SAYS. God tells us how to be saved, and it is NOT EVIL AND WRONG to do what God says to do.

If a sinner (lost and dead already) could even come close to obeying TO BE SAVED, then why God’s decree for Jesus Christ and what He did at the Cross of Calvary?
Jesus had to die for us, without the shedding of blood, there is no forgiveness of sins. That does not mean we cannot obey what Jesus says to be saved, and to stay saved.
The Jews followed the law to atone for their souls that is why the blood of animals. It made them outwardly clean, just to go to the temple to worship God. Jesus’ sacrifice is a better sacrifice he makes us internally clean.
Where but from the devil do you get that means we cannot obey Jesus, or that we do not have to obey?
God could have simply decreed even from before the foundation of the world, ‘sinners will obey to be saved.’ God did not do that, did He? No, He didn’t.
If you do not obey Jesus, you did not get saved. If you do not keep obeying Jesus after being saved, you are not saved.
God said, “And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up: That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life. For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved” (John 3:14-17)

Nothing in those verses that says ‘obey to be saved.’

We have to look to Jesus to live, but that is not all we have to do.

Joshua 5:6 The Israelites had moved about in the wilderness forty years until all the men who were of military age when they left Egypt had died, since they had not obeyed the LORD. For the LORD had sworn to them that they would not see the land he had solemnly promised their ancestors to give us, a land flowing with milk and honey.

Those in the desert who were bit by snakes, they looked to the bronze snake and lived, but they still died in the desert and did not get to enter the promised land BECAUSE THEY DID NOT OBEY.

God's Truth

Kind words. Thank you, Tambora.

I agree. As A4T implied, the world gets smaller daily with technological advances and we have grown impatient with anything that requires more than a few minutes of our attention.

AMR

Compliments from those two women have nothing to do with truth.

Last edited:

God's Truth

So do i, she told me in a neg rep last year after i called her a dishonest man in a neg rep i gave her because i used to assume she was a man.

Now she could still really be a he, and just lied in that rep, who knows.

You are lying. I never told you any such thing.

God's Truth

If a sinner could do anything to be saved, then Jesus and what He did at the Cross of Calvary was in vain.

I do not mind you repeating the same thing repeatedly, even after I have already explained it to you. I do not mind because when I repeat the truth, more people have the chance to read it.

The Bible is the powerful Word of God.

The Bible tells us how to be saved.

When we do what the Bible says when we want to be saved, then Jesus will save us.

If Jesus did not die for us on the cross, there would be no one to obey to be saved.

PneumaPsucheSoma

TOL Subscriber
Wow, this thread has... um... devolved. LOL.

Is there any way this could migrate back toward some kind of productive discourse? I'd like to see this deescalated and have the opportunity to ask genuine questions that challenge the status quo.

Personally, I've grown to appreciate those with whom I've had differences; and I've been greatly corrected to the core of my being to bear fruit in all things during these discussions.

A few comments...
I'm not a Multihypostatic Trinitarian (Orthodox), but the true original formulation doesn't and can't represent Polytheism. Modern conceptualizations can "drift" to Polytheism, though. The accusations of the Trinity doctrine presenting three gods is silly. It shouldn't be misrepresented as such. All positions should be criticized for what they are rather than an inaccurate caricature of what they're somehow erroneously perceived to be.

Questions...
Would a MultiHypoTrin please expound on Hebrews 1:3 and what "the express image (charakter) of his hypostasis" is?

What explanation is there for all the various specific references to "the one God and Father" if the Father is a hypostasis and God is an ousia (with those three alleged underlying hypostases)?

What, very specifically, is the ekpoureuomai procession of the Holy Spirit in John 15:26? And why would anyone support the Filioque (and the Son) clause?

But the biggie is.... If God alone is UNcreated, where did the supernatural realm of existence come from, and why is God inherently "in" it without having created it? How could anyone believe God IS eternity, and yet that same eternity is where we spend our everlasting life along with the angelic host? Why would anyone ascribe to such Panentheism (everything is in God like He's a giant fishbowl for creation)?

These are all conversational, not adversarial. AMR? Lon?

Status
Not open for further replies.