Did the presidential debates change anyone's mind?

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
I am more favorable to Romney since the debates than i was before and I am even more disturbed by Obama than i was before.

I still think neither are a good choice for America but am now convinced that anything is better than Obama and even 4 more years of that man would be a huge mistake.

zoo22

I am more favorable to Romney since the debates than i was before and I am even more disturbed by Obama than i was before.

I still think neither are a good choice for America but am now convinced that anything is better than Obama and even 4 more years of that man would be a huge mistake.

Out of curiosity, what specifically was said in the debates that made you come to that decision?

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Out of curiosity, what specifically was said in the debates that made you come to that decision?

The way Obama outright lied to the American people as if we didn't know what was going on, and if he feels safe enough to do that, then there is no telling what He will do where we cannot see. Its clear also that His so called transparent government isnt transparent at all.

The way He acted all pro- Israel when anyone who keeps up with the news knows better also. He kept harping on Romneys pension when bammys is in the same kind of situation. He says Romney has no plan while Romney has been giving one while bammy gives none except the word forward, well i dont want to go forward with what hes done.

There is a higher expectation for an incumbant, because there is a record. Bammys record stinks.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
...Bammys record stinks.
No, Justin Bieber's record stinks. The President's is up and down.

:think: Do they even make records anymore?

Man am I getting old...that was rhetorical. Think of it like a question you'd ask chrys. That sort of expectation.

Junius Gallio

Watching the debate changed my mind ... for that of a wombat.My family has already noticed the improvement. :eek:

(Yes, of course I'm kidding--I didn't watch the debates. Changing my brain for that of a wombat, however, would probably still be an improvement.)

G'night everybody!

zoo22

Man am I getting old...that was rhetorical. Think of it like a question you'd ask chrys. That sort of expectation.

Yeah, vinyl has had a real resurgence. there are lots of better-pressed reissues being put out on vinyl and there's a lot of new music being released on vinyl. It's obviously a pretty indie/niche market, but it's definitely there and strong.

Sorry everyone for the distraction. And now, back to your regular scheduled programming...

eameece

Yes, Obama is worse than I could have imagined.

Obama is an evil man who cares only for himself.

Romney is about service to our country.

Obama serves only himself.

If we needed/wanted a golfer for President, we should have voted for a good golfer, like Tiger Woods

A dead golfer would have done more for our country than Obama has.

oatmeal

Romney has nothing to offer. All he offers is "I have done things, so trust me." He has no program, no solution, no plan. His entire appeal is to point out how badly things are going. But since he has nothing to offer, why should we care what he says?

eameece

On the one hand, Israel is the only reliable friend we have in the Middle East. They are the only country with a stable government.
God has not forsaken His people.
I care what happens to Israel. And I am not alone!
Imam Obama has shown his hand to the Islamic countries and they are in process of taking full advantage of his indifference.
Israel conquers land that does not belong to it. It destroys people's homes. It invades its neighbors and commits mass murder. It will not make peace. It is not a friend; it offers us nothing. Supporting Israel has caused us nothing but trouble, including 9-11. The price is too high. We should let them go. But we won't, because of the electoral vote in Florida and New York, the Christian Right, and the pro-Israel lobby.

eameece

The way Obama outright lied to the American people as if we didn't know what was going on, and if he feels safe enough to do that, then there is no telling what He will do where we cannot see. Its clear also that His so called transparent government isnt transparent at all.

The way He acted all pro- Israel when anyone who keeps up with the news knows better also. He kept harping on Romneys pension when bammys is in the same kind of situation. He says Romney has no plan while Romney has been giving one while bammy gives none except the word forward, well i dont want to go forward with what hes done.

There is a higher expectation for an incumbent, because there is a record. Bammys record stinks.

Ha, that's a laugh. Romney has a plan? "The economy sucks. I will create jobs. I know how to do it. So elect me." What else has he said? Tell me.....

The only thing wrong with Obama's record, is that the Republicans have blocked what he wanted to do.

eameece

Actually, Justin Bieber's records are great. His new album is on CD. But most people just get digital downloads of singles.

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
The honest liberal response: "It's not possible for the debates to change my mind. As long as I know the Democrat will do my dirty work for me by stealing my neighbor's money and giving it to me, he's going to get my vote."

Granite

Hall of Fame
The honest liberal response: "It's not possible for the debates to change my mind. As long as I know the Democrat will do my dirty work for me by stealing my neighbor's money and giving it to me, he's going to get my vote."

A typical conservative response: "Throw me some red meat and I'll vote for you year in year out."

eameece

Romney debates himself.

Romney debates himself.

Romney debates himself

Romney debates himself. Really folks? Can you support a candidate who doesn't stand for anything? He would "work across the aisle," meaning you don't know what he's going to work for? :wazzup:

eameece

Depends on the usage, I suppose. Skeet? Challenging. As music, not so much.
Not challenging, particularly, but for those who listen to music to enjoy it, Bieber works.
Which is why you won't have another Dark Side of the Moon anytime soon. Well, all's well that you can dance to. :plain:
That might be true. Kind of like Romney: no substance there. You can dance to that, if you can do the "flip-flop!"

They must have told Obama to look really really mad and just stare awkwardly at Romney. That was really creepy. Maybe they thought it would make him look less disinterested?
Maybe Obama was thinking of something traumatic in his life, like missing a two foot putt or something.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Not challenging, particularly, but for those who listen to music to enjoy it, Bieber works.
Mostly having fun with you. There's a time for nearly everything and a legitimate function of music is pure entertainment.

That might be true. Kind of like Romney: no substance there. You can dance to that, if you can do the "flip-flop!"
You topical scamp you. :eek:

eameece

http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/523364_504911586186491_1835493036_n.jpg

523364_504911586186491_1835493036_n.jpg

Junius Gallio

Jesus was in favor of giving to the poor...voluntarily, not at the point of a gun (or a sword).

Actually, Jesus also ordered his followers to pay the taxes--and considering that Roman taxes went to support such things as gladiatorial games, wars of conquest, infanticide, religious persecution, the corn dole for Roman citizens, and the Roman temples, I'd say that yes, he authorized payment even if at the point of a gun or a sword.