Did the presidential debates change anyone's mind?

ebenz47037

Proverbs 31:10
Silver Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Really? They didn't change my mind at all. I still see Romney and Obama as being the same. I am not going to vote for either of them because there is no huge difference between the two of them.

That doesn't mean that I'm not going to vote, though. Now, I know that some of you will say that if I don't vote for Romney, I will be voting for Obama. I don't agree with you guys. A vote for another person is just that, a vote for another person. Right now, the way I look at it, if either Romney or Obama wins the election, nothing much will change.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
They must have told Obama to look really really mad and just stare awkwardly at Romney. That was really creepy. Maybe they thought it would make him look less disinterested?

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Really? They didn't change my mind at all. I still see Romney and Obama as being the same. I am not going to vote for either of them because there is no huge difference between the two of them.

That doesn't mean that I'm not going to vote, though. Now, I know that some of you will say that if I don't vote for Romney, I will be voting for Obama. I don't agree with you guys. A vote for another person is just that, a vote for another person. Right now, the way I look at it, if either Romney or Obama wins the election, nothing much will change.

Ah but there is a huge difference between the parties that they represent.

Remember that the Jack As...ahem...Donkey's BOO'ed God at their National Convention.

Leave the Presidential ballot box empty if you must, but don't avoid voting for good Christian conservative candidates running on the Republican ticket just because the pseudo con's at the RNC put yet another establishment liberal on the presidential ticket.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Same here, but the debates were never aimed at us. They are designed to do two things, whip up the base and move the undecideds. The bases are excited because they both believe this is a horse race and the undecideds, well, we'll see. They've been leaning heavily in the President's favor on debate, but will they still feel that way in November? I don't know. I think it depends on a number of things, from effective add campaigns to economic indicators.

That doesn't mean that I'm not going to vote, though. Now, I know that some of you will say that if I don't vote for Romney, I will be voting for Obama.
Given the polling data has them neck and neck they can't even say that really, though it's a bully tactic to begin with.

Junius Gallio

Now, I know that some of you will say that if I don't vote for Romney, I will be voting for Obama.

That depends on which end of the political spectrum you support. In 1996, Perot split the conservative voters, undermining Dole. Nader's effect in 2000 was minor, but he did weaken support for Gore in a very close election, and the Republicans even ran some pro-Nader ads in an attempt to split the liberal vote.

This year, however, Anderson, Goode, Johnson, and Stein are having only a minimal effect on the two big players. Voting for a third party candidate will not have the effect it had in 1996, but as close as the race is, no matter which side of the aisle you prefer, splitting the vote may make a difference.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Obama bin laden is back. :plain: Anybody whose mind is changed is slow to start with. You are voting idealogies, not issues. How you see the world and your heart determines how you deal with the issues. The person you want to win, won the debate.

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Ah but there is a huge difference between the parties that they represent.

Remember that the Jack As...ahem...Donkey's BOO'ed God at their National Convention.

Leave the Presidential ballot box empty if you must, but don't avoid voting for good Christian conservative candidates running on the Republican ticket just because the pseudo con's at the RNC put yet another establishment liberal on the presidential ticket.

You raise a good point. In the Republican party it is only the party elite that boo God and, for now, they still have to do it in private

Junius Gallio

It should be a "captain obvious" on my part, but sadly, isn't.

No matter which side of the aisle we support, it's far too easy to see the other side as "evil," or "stupid," or even "treasonous." Too many people vote with their heart or their gut. It's easier than thinking, I guess.

Granite

Hall of Fame
No, not really. I knew they were both lousy choices before and the debates pretty much confirmed that.

drbrumley

From Lew Rockwell.

Romney's handlers wanted him to be less of a warmonger tonight, and Obama's handlers wanted him to be more of a warmonger, but that was all just a lying smokescreen. The establishment scam of bipartisan foreign policy still dominates: these two are twins of empire, interventionism, spending, and mass death. Oh, and Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel.

Spot on.

bybee

From Lew Rockwell.

Romney's handlers wanted him to be less of a warmonger tonight, and Obama's handlers wanted him to be more of a warmonger, but that was all just a lying smokescreen. The establishment scam of bipartisan foreign policy still dominates: these two are twins of empire, interventionism, spending, and mass death. Oh, and Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel.

Spot on.

And if Israel goes down?

bigbang123

No matter which side of the aisle we support, it's far too easy to see the other side as "evil," or "stupid," or even "treasonous." Too many people vote with their heart or their gut. It's easier than thinking, I guess.

It has been said that for the most part the gut instinct of the majority of Americans has been pretty good in picking our Presidents - do you disagree?