Did Jesus Defeat Sin, Death and the Devil?

Nanja

Calvinism: An attempt to get around Jesus Christ and his Gospel that Justifies the ungodly, Romans 4:5 and reconciles us and the world unto God, 2 Corinthians 5:18, 19.

You're prevented from believing the Gospel. It's hid from you 2 Cor. 4:3-4!

~~~~~

Robert Pate

Banned
You're prevented from believing the Gospel. It's hid from you 2 Cor. 4:3-4!

~~~~~

You poor lost soul.

You have been duped into believing that Calvinism and predestination are the Gospel.

You don't have the truth, nor do you want the truth. If you wanted the truth God would reveal it to you.

beloved57

Calvinism: An attempt to get around Jesus Christ and his Gospel that Justifies the ungodly, Romans 4:5 and reconciles us and the world unto God, 2 Corinthians 5:18, 19.

You teach that sinners Christ died for, reconciled to God by His Death, still wind up lost in their sins!

beloved57

You poor lost soul.

You have been duped into believing that Calvinism and predestination are the Gospel.

You don't have the truth, nor do you want the truth. If you wanted the truth God would reveal it to you.

Predestination is part of the Gospel Rom 8:28-30. You don't believe the Gospel, and you teach that sinners Christ died for are going to perish in their sins anyways!

Robert Pate

Banned
Predestination is part of the Gospel Rom 8:28-30. You don't believe the Gospel, and you teach that sinners Christ died for are going to perish in their sins anyways!

There is nothing in Romans 8:28-30 that says that you have been predestinated to eternal life. That scripture is also for me, who is not a Calvinist.

You need to read further, "He that spared not his Son, but deliver him up FOR US ALL" Romans 8:32.

beloved57

There is nothing in Romans 8:28-30 that says that you have been predestinated to eternal life. That scripture is also for me, who is not a Calvinist.

You need to read further, "He that spared not his Son, but deliver him up FOR US ALL" Romans 8:32.

I just showed you scripture with predestination Rom 8:28-30! If you don't believe it, its called unbelief!

Robert Pate

Banned
It boils down to how one defines the term pre-destination. It may not be how the Calvinists defined it.

Calvinist interpret everything in the light of Calvinism.

Proper interpretation is to interpret everything in the light of the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Proper interpretation is to interpret everything in the light of the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

How not to practice "proper interpretation"....

You are assuming that God knows everything that is happening on the earth.
Truth of the matter is that God is very absent from what is happening on the earth.
What makes you think that angels have limited knowledge?

Does God know who will believe on his Son Jesus Christ?
I don't think that he does. To give life for the sole purpose of destroying it makes God unjust and unmerciful.
He provides salvation for everyone, Hebrews 2:9.

God can limit himself.
God does not see what is going on, on the earth.
God sees ALL THINGS in his Son Jesus Christ, Colossians 1:20.
Nothing will be revealed until Christ returns and then everything will be revealed.

If a persons spirit is already in heaven then why would there be a resurrection?
There is a lot of controversy concerning this.
The way I see it is, the whole person goes into the ground and the whole person is resurrected.
The Christian does not really die. He falls asleep until the resurrection.

As usual you have demonstrated that you are in darkness.
No one deserves to go to hell.
We are ALL sinners without works. No one can become a sinner by what they do, they are born into sin, Psalm 51:5.
It is not our fault that we are sinners. If you want to blame someone blame Adam. He is the one that brought sin upon on us, Romans 5:12.
Therefore your Calvinist God is unjust.
It may not be your fault that you are a sinner, but it is your fault if you don't accept Christ as your savior.
Robert Pate said:
The bible is not a perfect book. It was written by men.
Robert Pate said:
The sole purpose of the bible is to be a witness to the work and person of Jesus Christ. If you use it for any other purposethan that you have misused it.
It was never intended to be a book to liveby.
Robert Pate said:
I have trouble with eternal punishment. I believe that the soul of the person that has rejected Christ will be destroyed in hell, but not eternally punished.
Robert Pate said:
I am hoping, but don't know for sure, that in the judgment there will be another chance to accept Christ as your savior.
What ever it is, and whatever God decides, it will be right. He is the just judge of all things.

Like I have said before the Bible was written by men that were inspired by the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit does not make men perfect. It is very apparent that James was a Judaizer. Peter had to be corrected by Paul. He didn't understand the Gospel. The Bible does not hide the sins and mistakes of God's people. There are some errors in the Bible, but they are minor errors.

:AMR:

AMR

Reactions: Lon

Robert Pate

Banned
How not to practice "proper interpretation"....

:AMR:

AMR

I am not ashamed of anything that I have said, nor am I ashamed of the Gospel, Romans 1:16.

Because it is the power of God unto salvation for all who believe. The Gospel is the heart and the center of the Bible. Without the Gospel the Bible does not make sense. Because the Gospel is the heart and the center of the Bible everything should be interpreted in the light of it. The Gospel of Jesus Christ calls everything into question. Especially false doctrines and religions such as Calvinism.

Robert Pate

Banned
Ignored scripture!

"In whom you also trusted, after you heard the word of truth, THE GOSPEL OF YOUR SALVATION: in whom after that YOU BELIEVED, you were sealed with that Holy Spirit of promise" Ephesians 1:13

Which means that...

"Faith comes by hearing and hearing by the word of God (which is the Gospel) Romans 10:17.

beloved57

"In whom you also trusted, after you heard the word of truth, THE GOSPEL OF YOUR SALVATION: in whom after that YOU BELIEVED, you were sealed with that Holy Spirit of promise" Ephesians 1:13

Which means that...

"Faith comes by hearing and hearing by the word of God (which is the Gospel) Romans 10:17.

You can quote all the scripture you like, you still teach that sinners Christ died for, shed His Precious blood for , perish in their sins any way, so denying Christ !

Robert Pate

Banned
You can quote all the scripture you like, you still teach that sinners Christ died for, shed His Precious blood for , perish in their sins any way, so denying Christ !

I can quote all of the scripture that I like because you don't believe any of it. Instead you believe the words of a heretic.

beloved57

I can quote all of the scripture that I like because you don't believe any of it. Instead you believe the words of a heretic.

You are a disgrace to the blood of Christ, teaching that sinners Christ died for still wind up lost in their sins! You deny Christ is a Saviour from sin!

Did the chr-stian hero defeat “sin?” Well considering that crime throughout the world is at an all-time high that would be a no.

Did the chr-stian hero defeat death? Well considering that 105 people die every minute that would have to be a no as well.

Did the chr-stian hero defeat the devil? I am not able to provide statistics on that one, because chr-stianity created the devil, and it only exists in their own imaginations. I guess it doesn’t really matter if an imaginary character defeated another imaginary character.

So because people commit crimes every day; and because people die every; and because there is no such thing as a devil, the answer to all three is no.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Yoḥanon-benYaʿăqov;4829475 said:
Did the chr-stian hero defeat “sin?” Well considering that crime throughout the world is at an all-time high that would be a no.

Did the chr-stian hero defeat death? Well considering that 105 people die every minute that would have to be a no as well.

Did the chr-stian hero defeat the devil? I am not able to provide statistics on that one, because chr-stianity created the devil, and it only exists in their own imaginations. I guess it doesn’t really matter if an imaginary character defeated another imaginary character.

So because people commit crimes every day; and because people die every; and because there is no such thing as a devil, the answer to all three is no.
You're pretty stupid, huh?