Did Jesus Defeat Sin, Death and the Devil?

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
I will say you have many ideas correct. It takes honestly to admit that lack of formal education. Then again, education does not have to be formal. What I have tried to recommend to you is to listen to some others here and seek more understanding.

beloved57

What a coincidence those who aren't sheep are also called people

Yes! But they arent Gods Sheep. Christ came to lay down His Life for His Sheep Jn 10:11,15 ! He came that they might have life and that more abundantly Jn 10:8-11

8 All that ever came before me are thieves and robbers: but the sheep did not hear them.
9 I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture.
10 The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.
11 I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd giveth his life for the sheep.

beloved57

I am not a great teacher. I only made it to the 8th grade in school, had to drop out to support myself.

But I have had the opportunity to read some of the writings of the most prominent Christian scholars of our day that believed the Gospel and justification by faith apart from the works of the law. They all had one thing in common, they were all anti-religion.

You teach salvation by the works of the law ! That a man must do something or else !

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
the way you use elect is different from the way i use elect. I believe the way calvinism uses it makes god out to be unjust and to show favoritism. But we all know the believers in the NT expressed the opposite Rom 2:11

God shows favoritism to the righteous, that's the only way to view election- therefore, you are pretty much just making things up. You all need to pay attention to context and stop trying to use every single word or phrase you can muster out of the Bible to call Calvinism wrong.

Calvin has direct commentary on Romans 2:11, and it has everything to do with Jew vs Gentile.

Stop making offensive claims based on your misinformation :wave2:

Robert Pate

Banned
I will say you have many ideas correct. It takes honestly to admit that lack of formal education. Then again, education does not have to be formal. What I have tried to recommend to you is to listen to some others here and seek more understanding.

I know in whom and in what I believe. Please feel free to challenge me on anything that I say. I am always open for correction.

Robert Pate

Banned
More law preaching. You are indebted to do the whole law!

Not me! Every Jot and tittle of the law has been fulfilled in my name and on my behalf, Matthew 5:18.

God now sees me as perfect and complete "In Christ" Colossians 2:10.

What does John Calvin do for you?

beloved57

Not me! Every Jot and tittle of the law has been fulfilled in my name and on my behalf, Matthew 5:18.

God now sees me as perfect and complete "In Christ" Colossians 2:10.

What does John Calvin do for you?
You nothing but a law preacher, so you are indebted to do the whole law.

Nanja

Hang on to your heretic John Calvin. You can all perish together.

Pate, you can't believe the Gospel because it's hid from you 2 Cor. 4:3-4.

Nothing you do can please God Rom. 8:7-8.

In Spiritual matters, the natural man's faith is corrupt, it's carnal, and is at enmity with God: It cannot receive Gospel Truths which are Spiritual.

1 Cor 2:14
But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

~~~~~

beloved57

In Spiritual matters, the natural man's faith is corrupt, it's carnal, and is at enmity with God: It cannot receive Gospel Truths which are Spiritual.

But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

~~~~~

Amen Sister!

Robert Pate

Banned

~~~~~

I have forgotten more about the Gospel than you will ever know.

Robert Pate

Banned
You teach salvation by keeping the law! That's not Gospel at all.That is fire and brimstone preaching, heresy.

I cannot earn salvation by keeping the law.

"I am already perfect and complete "In Christ" Colossians 2:10

And am seated in heavenly places in Jesus Christ, Ephesians 2:6.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
Jesus defeated sin in two different ways. The first way that Jesus defeated sin is when he fulfilled God's Holy Law. The law demands perfection. Jesus was the epitome of God's holy law. By his righteous, sinless life, he offered to God the Father a life of perfect obedience to his holy law. Jesus said, "For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or tittle of the law shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled" Matthew 5:18. After Jesus fulfilled the law he abolished it, "Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, EVEN THE LAW OF COMMANDMENTS contained in the ordinances; for to make in himself one new man, so making peace" Ephesians 2:15

Let's play a game. It's called 'Spot the Inconsistency' :rolleyes:

beloved57

I cannot earn salvation by keeping the law.

"I am already perfect and complete "In Christ" Colossians 2:10

And am seated in heavenly places in Jesus Christ, Ephesians 2:6.

I know you can't, but that's what you teach, salvation by works/keeping the law!