• This is a new section being rolled out to attract people interested in exploring the origins of the universe and the earth from a biblical perspective. Debate is encouraged and opposing viewpoints are welcome to post but certain rules must be followed. 1. No abusive tagging - if abusive tags are found - they will be deleted and disabled by the Admin team 2. No calling the biblical accounts a fable - fairy tale ect. This is a Christian site, so members that participate here must be respectful in their disagreement.

Did God Design All Of Creation To Suffer As A Result Of The 'Fall'?

Arthur Brain

We have to define or describe suffering when we say that man didn't create pain or suffering though he can certainly be a big cause of it.

The question is if suffering is a result of the fall and attributed to God or man. Is it the consequence of man's disobedience? Did man bring it about for himself?

Shalom.

Jacob

That's more an argument as to whether man deserves to suffer as oppose to creating it. Man did not create pain itself.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
So, when you stub your toe then that resulting pain is Satan's fault?
Oh, no, I thought you were still talking about the world, sorry. No , pain like that isn't cause by satan but the fallen world filled with pain, emotional, physical mental anguish, starvation, suffering, disease, birth abnormalities etc. All came with the bite of apple. I truly believe if you read some of the scriptures I posted previous, you would see some things that will help you understand the meaning and purpose of life and God from a spiritual standpoint. The Bible speaks of most all possible things, thoughts and feelings etc.

Arthur Brain

Oh, no, I thought you were still talking about the world, sorry. No , pain like that isn't cause by satan but the fallen world filled with pain, emotional, physical mental anguish, starvation, suffering, disease, birth abnormalities etc. All came with the bite of apple. I truly believe if you read some of the scriptures I posted previous, you would see some things that will help you understand the meaning and purpose of life and God from a spiritual standpoint. The Bible speaks of most all possible things, thoughts and feelings etc.

Right, so suffering itself isn't anything to do with satan then. I appreciate that you believe as you do although it raises questions as well. Why should a child be born with cancer or some debilitating condition because someone ate an apple from a tree years beforehand? With the scriptures you posted then do you believe that all pain will end, all tears and suffering?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
That's more an argument as to whether man deserves to suffer as oppose to creating it. Man did not create pain itself.

Are you talking about pain and suffering or are you saying that man did not create pain but God has maybe caused man to suffer since man did not create his own suffering? Certainly God knows what suffering for us is. The question is if He caused it as the result or consequence of our sin. We speak of the fall. But is death suffering? What is spiritual death? Did it occur at the fall? What is the fall? Did it occur at all?

In the day that you eat of it, you shall surely die. It is not that this did not happen, it is how it did. Rather than saying this is the punishment but God did not do exactly as He said He would do such that His punishment was less than what He said it could or might be.

My understanding is that Adam and Eve may have died on the same day. As each other? Or when they sinned? What if they were different ages when they died? Certainly Adam was created first.

Such that we should go with the Bible, with what the Bible / Torah says. And only that. Stick with that.

Shalom.

Jacob

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Right, so suffering itself isn't anything to do with satan then. I appreciate that you believe as you do although it raises questions as well. Why should a child be born with cancer or some debilitating condition because someone ate an apple from a tree years beforehand? With the scriptures you posted then do you believe that all pain will end, all tears and suffering?
Yes I do believe that and so much more.

Daniel 4:33-37 - KJV - [FONT=&quot]The same hour was the thing fulfilled upon Nebuchadnezzar: and he was driven from men, and did eat grass as oxen, and his body was wet with the dew of heaven, till his hairs were grown like eagles' feathers, and his nails like birds' claws.[/FONT][FONT=&quot]34 And at the end of the days I Nebuchadnezzar lifted up mine eyes unto heaven, and mine understanding returned unto me, and I blessed the most High, and I praised and honoured him that liveth for ever, whose dominion is an everlasting dominion, and his kingdom is from generation to generation:[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]35 And all the inhabitants of the earth are reputed as nothing: and he doeth according to his will in the army of heaven, and among the inhabitants of the earth: and none can stay his hand, or say unto him, What doest thou?[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]36 At the same time my reason returned unto me; and for the glory of my kingdom, mine honour and brightness returned unto me; and my counsellors and my lords sought unto me; and I was established in my kingdom, and excellent majesty was added unto me.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]37 Now I Nebuchadnezzar praise and extol and honour the King of heaven, all whose works are truth, and his ways judgment: and those that walk in pride he is able to abase.[/FONT]

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Nope. As before, little regard for pompous religious zealots who arrogantly think they have a "proper understanding" and crackpot doctrines does not equate to a hatred of the bible Stipe. Get a grip.

You've never even read it. :idunno:

Arthur Brain

Yes I do believe that and so much more.

Daniel 4:33-37 - KJV - [FONT="]The same hour was the thing fulfilled upon Nebuchadnezzar: and he was driven from men, and did eat grass as oxen, and his body was wet with the dew of heaven, till his hairs were grown like eagles' feathers, and his nails like birds' claws.[/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000][FONT="]34 And at the end of the days I Nebuchadnezzar lifted up mine eyes unto heaven, and mine understanding returned unto me, and I blessed the most High, and I praised and honoured him that liveth for ever, whose dominion is an everlasting dominion, and his kingdom is from generation to generation:[/FONT]
[FONT="][FONT=Arial][B]35 [/B][/FONT][B]And all the inhabitants of the earth are reputed as nothing: and he doeth according to his will in the army of heaven, and among the inhabitants of the earth: and [U]none can stay his hand, or say unto him, What doest thou[/U]?[/B][/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#000000][FONT="]36 At the same time my reason returned unto me; and for the glory of my kingdom, mine honour and brightness returned unto me; and my counsellors and my lords sought unto me; and I was established in my kingdom, and excellent majesty was added unto me.[/FONT]

[FONT="]37 Now I Nebuchadnezzar praise and extol and honour the King of heaven, all whose works are truth, and his ways judgment: and those that walk in pride he is able to abase.[/FONT]

So you believe that ALL suffering will end?

meshak

BANNED
Banned
You see, AB,

Jesus tells us to live in peace and love. Because that's what God's kingdom is. So we better strive to live peacefully, or we sill not inherit eternal life.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Well, he probably is when it suits but from a doctrinal perspective they're polls apart. Stipe's 'MAD' and intojoy is a Calvinist.

I have never seen them argueing or fighting. They seem to like each other. I read one of MADs threads and he was getting many thanks from MADs.

intojoy

BANNED
Banned

Why not?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk