Dems are trying to steal the election with voter fraud

Trump Gurl

Credo in Unum Deum
Some here have suggested go to the ammo box if the ballot box is 'wrong'. Are you in favor of either of those steps?

Our Founding Fathers said it is okay to take up arms if the government ever become illegitimate. A stolen election equals an illegitimate government..

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Our Founding Fathers said it is okay to take up arms if the government ever become illegitimate. A stolen election equals an illegitimate government..

Is what the Founding Fathers said absolute?

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
The founding fathers were fully aware of the existence of pandemics, yet they did not include that exception when they wrote that the people have the right to peaceably assemble.

Trump Gurl

Credo in Unum Deum
Where did the founding fathers say that?

A Jewish man questioning the right to rise up against an oppressive regime?

You ain't Jewish
8532f841-ad52-4793-a4fd-b08df450cf7d-Biden.JPG

Derf

Where did the founding fathers say that?
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.--That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, --That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness. Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security.

chair

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.--That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, --That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness. Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security.

Indeed. Thank you for actually responding to my question.
This is how they justified their revolution against the British.
Are things at this point in the US? "absolute Despotism"? I think not, despite Donald Trump's attempt to destroy the foundations of US democracy.

Derf

Indeed. Thank you for actually responding to my question.
This is how they justified their revolution against the British.
Are things at this point in the US? "absolute Despotism"? I think not, despite Donald Trump's attempt to destroy the foundations of US democracy.
Against British rule, perhaps. Not against the British people, whom most counted themselves among.

But absolute despotism doesn't actually allow anyone to escape its clutches, so you don't wait until despotism becomes absolute.

Which part of US democracy do you think Trump has attempted to destroy?

And how much election fraud does one permit in the attempt to preserve democracy?

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
You're skipping over the main key word, "design." I'll highlight it for you: "But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism..."

The founding fathers observed that evil design. They weren't going to wait for its fruition before they acted.

Trump Gurl

Credo in Unum Deum
You're skipping over the main key word, "design." I'll highlight it for you: "But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism..."

The founding fathers observed that evil design. They weren't going to wait for its fruition before they acted.

Well put.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
If you weren't in thrall to your Fearless Leader, you'd see who was trying to steal an election.

Biden, of course.

I don't like Trump, and I dislike even more having to defend him. But if someone is wronged, then they deserve to have justice.

Yorzhik

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
If you weren't in thrall to your Fearless Leader, you'd see who was trying to steal an election.
Apparently I'm so in thrall with my "Fearless Leader" that I can't be bothered to listen to his campaign BS or even vote for him. That doesn't mean I pull out my Biden gun and shoot myself in the head.

Seriously though, I guess I would rather have justice - unlike chair. At least I can count vote totals - unlike chair. And that reflects pretty poorly on you chair, who is a smart guy, and it ought to cause you pause to think and then apologize.