Dems are trying to steal the election with voter fraud

ok doser

I believe Congress set the rules, though I am not familiar with the details. How will you feel about this if Congress passes a law saying that one must support gay marriage or abortion in order to vote?
Are immigrants going through the naturalization process told that they must support specific policies?
Or are they required to be aware of them?
Also, you are basically suggesting that all US citizens be subjected to the same sort of tests that immigrants are subjected to ..
First, it's a voluntary process - nobody is forced to be "subjected" to them
Second, tests are given to demonstrate competency - the state does it all the time in licensing - everything from cosmetology to driving to professional health care. Why shouldn't we require those who are going to help choose our leaders to demonstrate competency?
in order to fulfill their right to vote
Which right is that?
which rather makes the words "US citizen" meaningless.
Are those words meaningless for US citizens under 18 years old?

chair

Are immigrants going through the naturalization process told that they must support specific policies?
Or are they required to be aware of them?

First, it's a voluntary process - nobody is forced to be "subjected" to them
Second, tests are given to demonstrate competency - the state does it all the time in licensing - everything from cosmetology to driving to professional health care. Why shouldn't we require those who are going to help choose our leaders to demonstrate competency?

Which right is that?

Are those words meaningless for US citizens under 18 years old?
My point is that since congress decides what the criteria are- they can, in principle, change them into something that even you wouldn't like. Immigrants don't have a "right" to become citizens.

The right to vote is not strictly in the constitution. So Congress could decide who gets to vote and who doesn't as long as it doesn't run afoul of the relevant amendments. Just remember that it's a game all sides can play. Don't assume the results will be to your liking.