Debateing Is A Sin

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
DEBATEING OR TRADING TALENTS?

Matt 7:1-5

1 "Judge not, that you be not judged.
2 "For with what judgment you judge, you will be judged; and with the measure you use, it will be measured back to you.
3 "And why do you look at the speck in your brother's eye, but do not consider the plank in your own eye?
4 "Or how can you say to your brother, 'Let me remove the speck from your eye'; and look, a plank is in your own eye?
5 "Hypocrite! First remove the plank from your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck out of your brother's eye.
Matt 12:34-37
34 "Brood of vipers! How can you, being evil, speak good things? For out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks.
35 "A good man out of the good treasure of his heart brings forth good things, and an evil man out of the evil treasure brings forth evil things.
36 "But I say to you that for every idle word men may speak, they will give account of it in the day of judgment.
37 "For by your words you will be justified, and by your words you will be condemned."
Phil 1:15-18
15 Some indeed preach Christ even from envy and strife, and some also from good will:
16 The former preach Christ from selfish ambition, not sincerely, supposing to add affliction to my chains;
17 but the latter out of love, knowing that I am appointed for the defense of the gospel.
18 What then? Only that in every way, whether in pretense or in truth, Christ is preached; and in this I rejoice, yes, and will rejoice.
Jude 1:16-19
16 These are grumblers, complainers, walking according to their own lusts; and they mouth great swelling words, flattering people to gain advantage.
17 But you, beloved, remember the words which were spoken before by the apostles of our Lord Jesus Christ:
18 how they told you that there would be mockers in the last time who would walk according to their own ungodly lusts.
19 These are sensual persons, who cause divisions, not having the Spirit.
Matt 25:15-28
15 "And to one he gave five talents, to another two, and to another one, to each according to his own ability; and immediately he went on a journey.
16 "Then he who had received the five talents went and traded with them, and made another five talents.
17 "And likewise he who had received two gained two more also.
18 "But he who had received one went and dug in the ground, and hid his lord's money.
19 "After a long time the lord of those servants came and settled accounts with them.
20 "So he who had received five talents came and brought five other talents, saying, 'Lord, you delivered to me five talents; look, I have gained five more talents besides them.'
21 "His lord said to him, 'Well done, good and faithful servant; you were faithful over a few things, I will make you ruler over many things. Enter into the joy of your lord.'
22 "He also who had received two talents came and said, 'Lord, you delivered to me two talents; look, I have gained two more talents besides them.'
23 "His lord said to him, 'Well done, good and faithful servant; you have been faithful over a few things, I will make you ruler over many things. Enter into the joy of your lord.'
24 "Then he who had received the one talent came and said, 'Lord, I knew you to be a hard man, reaping where you have not sown, and gathering where you have not scattered seed.
25 'And I was afraid, and went and hid your talent in the ground. Look, there you have what is yours.'
26 "But his lord answered and said to him, 'You wicked and lazy servant, you knew that I reap where I have not sown, and gather where I have not scattered seed.
27 'So you ought to have deposited my money with the bankers, and at my coming I would have received back my own with interest.
28 'Therefore take the talent from him, and give it to him who has ten talents.
Matt 25:29-34
29 'For to everyone who has, more will be given, and he will have abundance; but from him who does not have, even what he has will be taken away.
30 'And cast the unprofitable servant into the outer darkness. There will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.'
31 "When the Son of Man comes in His glory, and all the holy angels with Him, then He will sit on the throne of His glory.
32 "All the nations will be gathered before Him, and He will separate them one from another, as a shepherd divides his sheep from the goats.
33 "And He will set the sheep on His right hand, but the goats on the left.
34 "Then the King will say to those on His right hand, 'Come, you blessed of My Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:
(NKJ)

xxx Debating scripture is forbiddon. Debating is from the devil. We are suppose to trade talents, which never involves argueing. Trading talents is sharing what you know from the verses you are sharing.

Gal 5:14-17
14 For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this: "You shall love your neighbor as yourself."
15 But if you bite and devour one another, beware lest you be consumed by one another!
16 I say then: Walk in the Spirit, and you shall not fulfill the lust of the flesh.
17 For the flesh lusts against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh; and these are contrary to one another, so that you do not do the things that you wish.
(NKJ)

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
[Rom 1:17
17 For in it the righteousness of God is revealed from faith to faith; as it is written, "The just shall live by faith."
[Rom 14:23
23 But he who doubts is condemned if he eats, because [he does] not [eat] from faith; for whatever [is] not from faith is sin.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
To debate is to argue on a subject. One does more damage to others who see it than it does good.

Titus 3:10
10 Reject a divisive man after the first and second admonition,
(NKJ)

2 Tim 2:14
14 Remind them of these things, charging them before the Lord not to strive about words to no profit, to the ruin of the hearers.
(NKJ)

Epoisses

Squeaky is a legalist and a terrible unrepentant sinner filled with unbelief. He is like the legalists that Christ rebuked who spoke long prayers and believed God would hear them because of their many words. Squeaky thinks God will regard his spamming of many verses but he despises it.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Squeaky is a legalist and a terrible unrepentant sinner filled with unbelief. He is like the legalists that Christ rebuked who spoke long prayers and believed God would hear them because of their many words. Squeaky thinks God will regard his spamming of many verses but he despises it.

I said
lolol If you cant prove God despises spreading the gospel then your bearing false witness.

[Mat 19:18
18 He said to Him, "Which ones?" Jesus said, "'You shall not murder,' 'You shall not commit adultery,' 'You shall not steal,' 'You shall not bear false witness,'
[Jas 4:11
11 Do not speak evil of one another, brethren. He who speaks evil of a brother and judges his brother, speaks evil of the law and judges the law. But if you judge the law, you are not a doer of the law but a judge.

Epoisses

I said
lolol If you cant prove God despises spreading the gospel then your bearing false witness.

Your gospel is bad news to anyone unfortunate enough to hear it. It's like a bee flying into your ear hole and you can't get it out and then it stings you.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Your gospel is bad news to anyone unfortunate enough to hear it. It's like a bee flying into your ear hole and you can't get it out and then it stings you.

I said
lol Has anyone explained to you that we share the gospel of Jesus Christ here. My gospel is the gospel. That bee thing sounds like you have experience with that.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
xxx Debating scripture is forbiddon. Debating is from the devil. We are suppose to trade talents, which never involves argueing. Trading talents is sharing what you know from the verses you are sharing.
Would you show a scripture that specifically states that debate is a sin. Doesn't the following tell us to be read to reason defend or debate in defense of the faith?

1 Peter 3:15New American Standard Bible (NASB)

15 but sanctify Christ as Lord in your hearts, always being ready to make a defense to everyone who asks you to give an account for the hope that is in you, yet with gentleness and reverence;

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
DEBATEING OR TRADING TALENTS?

Your OP is quite literally a nonsensical attempt at proof texting without a context. You are indeed a squeaky wheel in need of oil.

One must be a good steward of the time God grants them (Ephesians 5:15-17; Ecclesiastes 11:9; Mark 12:30). The time granted should be spent bringing glory to God in word, deed, or thought. Let that be your litmus test (Romans 11:36; 1 Corinthians 10:31; 2 Corinthians 10:5; Philippians 4:8) for entering into debate where some of the clashing that takes place will inflame one's passions and lead one to sin, especially as relates to the ninth commandment. Debates are not for the faint of heart, the immature of faith or character. Nevertheless, I agree with Doug Wilson that debates are a duty.

Given that duty one should equip themselves well, taking every word captive for the glory of God. Too much of what passes for "debate" is nothing more than cavils that degenerate into ad hominems or embarrassing error that brings scandal upon that which we hold dear as the hearer is led into error by one's own error. Every disagreement is not a call to debate, so also be a good steward of your gifts and time—not everyone deserves it and you are not obligated to give it unworthily (Romans 12:6-8, Ephesians 5:15-17; Psalm 90:12; Isaiah 49:4).

Nothing above should be taken to imply we are to be milquetoasts about matters of the faith. MacArthur sums it up nicely:
{The Truth War} is not mere wrangling between competing earthly ideologies. It is not simply a campaign to refine someone’s religious creed or win a denominational spitting contest. It is not a battle of wits over arcane theological fine points. It is not an argument for sport. It is not a like a school debate, staged to see who is more skilled or more clever in the art of argumentation. It is not merely academic in any sense. And it is certainly not a game. It is a very serious struggle to safeguard the heart and soul of truth itself and to unleash that truth against the powers of darkness – in hopes to rescuing the eternal souls of men and women who have been unwittingly ensnared by the trap of devilish deception. This is a battle we cannot wage effectively if we always try to come across to the world as merely nice, nonchalant, docile, agreeable, and fun-loving people. We must not take our cues from people who are perfectly happy to compromise the truth wherever possible for harmony’s sake. Friendly dialogue may sound affable and pleasant. But neither Christ nor the apostles ever confronted serious, soul-destroying error by building collegial relationships with false teachers.

AMR

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Your OP is quite literally a nonsensical attempt at proof texting without a context. You are indeed a squeaky wheel in need of oil.

One must be a good steward of the time God grants them (Ephesians 5:15-17; Ecclesiastes 11:9; Mark 12:30). The time granted should be spent bringing glory to God in word, deed, or thought. Let that be your litmus test (Romans 11:36; 1 Corinthians 10:31; 2 Corinthians 10:5; Philippians 4:8) for entering into debate where some of the clashing that takes place will inflame one's passions and lead one to sin, especially as relates to the ninth commandment. Debates are not for the faint of heart, the immature of faith or character. Nevertheless, I agree with Doug Wilson that debates are a duty.

Given that duty one should equip themselves well, taking every word captive for the glory of God. Too much of what passes for "debate" is nothing more than cavils that degenerate into ad hominems or embarrassing error that brings scandal upon that which we hold dear as the hearer is led into error by one's own error. Every disagreement is not a call to debate, so also be a good steward of your gifts and time—not everyone deserves it and you are not obligated to give it unworthily (Romans 12:6-8, Ephesians 5:15-17; Psalm 90:12; Isaiah 49:4).

Nothing above should be taken to imply we are to be milquetoasts about matters of the faith. MacArthur sums it up nicely:
{The Truth War} is not mere wrangling between competing earthly ideologies. It is not simply a campaign to refine someone’s religious creed or win a denominational spitting contest. It is not a battle of wits over arcane theological fine points. It is not an argument for sport. It is not a like a school debate, staged to see who is more skilled or more clever in the art of argumentation. It is not merely academic in any sense. And it is certainly not a game. It is a very serious struggle to safeguard the heart and soul of truth itself and to unleash that truth against the powers of darkness – in hopes to rescuing the eternal souls of men and women who have been unwittingly ensnared by the trap of devilish deception. This is a battle we cannot wage effectively if we always try to come across to the world as merely nice, nonchalant, docile, agreeable, and fun-loving people. We must not take our cues from people who are perfectly happy to compromise the truth wherever possible for harmony’s sake. Friendly dialogue may sound affable and pleasant. But neither Christ nor the apostles ever confronted serious, soul-destroying error by building collegial relationships with false teachers.

AMR

I said
Well I guess I disagree with you and Doug Wilson. We will have to agree to disagree.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Would you show a scripture that specifically states that debate is a sin. Doesn't the following tell us to be read to reason defend or debate in defense of the faith?

1 Peter 3:15New American Standard Bible (NASB)

15 but sanctify Christ as Lord in your hearts, always being ready to make a defense to everyone who asks you to give an account for the hope that is in you, yet with gentleness and reverence;

I said
lol Its obvious that this one convicts you. Any conversation that arouses strife in you is a debate. And we know that you like to debate.

Rom 14:23
23 But he who doubts is condemned if he eats, because he does not eat from faith; for whatever is not from faith is sin.
(NKJ)

(NKJ)

14 Remind them of these things, charging them before the Lord not to strive about words to no profit, to the ruin of the hearers.
(NKJ)

2 Tim 2:23-25
23 But avoid foolish and ignorant disputes, knowing that they generate strife.
24 And a servant of the Lord must not quarrel but be gentle to all, able to teach, patient,
25 in humility correcting those who are in opposition, if God perhaps will grant them repentance, so that they may know the truth,
(NKJ)

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I said
lol Its obvious that this one convicts you. Any conversation that arouses strife in you is a debate. And we know that you like to debate.

Rom 14:23
23 But he who doubts is condemned if he eats, because he does not eat from faith; for whatever is not from faith is sin.
(NKJ)

(NKJ)

(NKJ)

2 Tim 2:23-25
23 But avoid foolish and ignorant disputes, knowing that they generate strife.
24 And a servant of the Lord must not quarrel but be gentle to all, able to teach, patient,
25 in humility correcting those who are in opposition, if God perhaps will grant them repentance, so that they may know the truth,
(NKJ)

Answer the question directly. Is 1 Peter 3:15 in error?

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned

I said
I have told you over and over, you cant come up with a conclusion with only one verse. Every verse is a principle, and it takes more than one principle to come up with a spiritual conclusion. To sanctify the Lord is to be washed by the Word. And purged of carnality. You haven't done that yet.

[1Pe 3:15 15 But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts, and always [be] ready to [give] a defense to everyone who asks you a reason for the hope that is in you, with meekness and fear;

[Jas 1:19
19 So then, my beloved brethren, let every man be swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath;
[Jhn 3:34
34 "For He whom God has sent speaks the words of God, for God does not give the Spirit by measure.
[Jhn 14:26
26 "But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned

I said
IF? We only give a defense when the Holy Spirit leads us with a verse. We born again Christians defend with the Word of God. We don't add things to the Word like trinity, deity, God the Son, God the Holy Spirit. Your still in the milk. You don't have the knowledge to give the correct defense. You should be looking for the Holy Spirit and learning from Him.

I Jn 2:4-5
4 He who says, "I know Him," and does not keep His commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.
5 But whoever keeps His word, truly the love of God is perfected in him. By this we know that we are in Him.
(NKJ)

Eph 4:21-23
21 if indeed you have heard Him and have been taught by Him, as the truth is in Jesus:
22 that you put off, concerning your former conduct, the old man which grows corrupt according to the deceitful lusts,
23 and be renewed in the spirit of your mind,
(NKJ)

I Jn 1:6-10
6 If we say that we have fellowship with Him, and walk in darkness, we lie and do not practice the truth.
7 But if we walk in the light as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanses us from all sin.
8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.
9 If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
10 If we say that we have not sinned, we make Him a liar, and His word is not in us.
(NKJ)

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I said
IF? We only give a defense when the Holy Spirit leads us with a verse. We born again Christians defend with the Word of God. We don't add things to the Word like trinity, deity, God the Son, God the Holy Spirit. Your still in the milk. You don't have the knowledge to give the correct defense. You should be looking for the Holy Spirit and learning from Him.
Looks like debate to me.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Looks like debate to me.

I said
lolol Some times I don't think you even see the verses. The Holy Spirit never debates He only uses facts in the Word. You have always been good with the guile. Leaving the Word out, not following the rules of believing .

1 Cor 4:6
6 Now these things, brethren, I have figuratively transferred to myself and Apollos for your sakes, that you may learn in us not to think beyond what is written, that none of you may be puffed up on behalf of one against the other.
(NKJ)

Rev 22:18-19
18 For I testify to everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: If anyone adds to these things, God will add to him the plagues that are written in this book;
19 and if anyone takes away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part from the Book of Life, from the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.
(NKJ)

I have seen you deceive lots of people with your own opinion.

Rom 12:16
16 Be of the same mind toward one another. Do not set your mind on high things, but associate with the humble. Do not be wise in your own opinion.
(NKJ)

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
  1. Learn how to spell.
  2. Learn what a "talent" refers to (it's a monetary denomination).

I said
lol Only in the milk understanding. In the meat understanding we see that everything Jesus spoke was in parables. Which are a likeness. when you get into the meat you will understand.

Matt 13:34
34 All these things Jesus spoke to the multitude in parables; and without a parable He did not speak to them,
(NKJ)