"Death by Exercise"

Danoh

The D in wwdd doesn't stand for dispensationalism, Mr. Self-Awareness.

Lol - I knew what you'd meant; but I was using your own post (but corrected as to that D) to point out my point to you, once more...

And you think I am attacking you.

I am not; I am attempting to challenge you to be more consistent - in your practice of right division in general.

Because I continue to find that it's practice in life in general results in that much more skill at it, each time I sit down to study one thing out or another in Scripture - "by reason of use" Heb. 5:14.

And I want that for each of you. Any friend would, Prov. 27:17.

Speaking of self-awareness - you and yours are ever after others on here as to their errors and or supposed errors.

And yet, whenever I attempt to challenge any of you to up your own self-awareness as to your practice of a possibly even higher discerning of the things that differ, you each take issue - even as you cover for one another :chuckle:

Your loss; remain ignorant of the fact I merely want the best for my own - of the fact that iron sharpening iron is one means of that - Scripturally so.

I swear, it's as if the Cross of Christ has yet to impact any of you with it's liberating effect on the need to take a thing so personal.

You each don't need to.

He ALONE is the issue; He ALONE has COMPLETELY solved for ANY need to feel PERSONAL animosity, and you are each COMPLETE in Him.

The best towards you despite your obviously willful ignorance of this victory in HIM in ALL things...anyway.

Yours in Him, with a big fat :)

Because Romans 5:8.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
http://www.menshealth.com/health/death-by-exercise

My dad, a retired R.N., knew an old doc who warned people away from too much exercise; said the heart has only so many beats in it and frequent exercise uses them up faster than they'd otherwise be used. Dunno about that but stories like these make me wonder.

I'd really like to believe that. I was a long-distance runner in high school, and played soccer for years. My resting heart rate is still in the mid-50s.

Today, I run only if something is chasing me. Walk maybe 8,000-10,000 steps a day, but I don't obsess over it.

If your dad is right, I'm going to be around longer than I planned for.

musterion

Due to a (I suspect) long history of steadily lower thyroid function, I've always had low temp, low but healthy range BP, yet a slightly higher resting pulse. I'm not worried about it. Pushing 50, fewer years ahead than behind so I don't plan to do much of anything to change any of it now. Just checked my temp, in fact. 98° which is about where I top out.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
Due to a (I suspect) long history of steadily lower thyroid function, I've always had low temp, low but healthy range BP, yet a slightly higher resting pulse. I'm not worried about it. Pushing 50, fewer years ahead than behind so I don't plan to do much of anything to change any of it now. Just checked my temp, in fact. 98° which is about where I top out.

'Thyrobin' drops are definitely helping me with low thyroid.

musterion

Ah! you told me about that and I forgot to look into it. Memory issues, par for da course. But it's better than it was.

BTW, the company that makes my natural dessicated (pig) thyroid med won't be shipping until mid-late October and pharmacies nationwide are about out. I'm trying an alternative in the meantime. They say their orders have tripled, which is a good thing. More doctors are willing to prescribe it now. Very interesting b/c the national health service in the U.K. has de-listed everything but Synthroid...they insist there's not enough evidence that dessicated works...so thousands of people over there are terrified...they're like me, don't process the straight T4. I feel so sorry for them but that's the system they're under. Single payer = single decider. Very sad.

glorydaz

Spoiler
Lol - I knew what you'd meant; but I was using your own post (but corrected as to that D) to point out my point to you, once more...

I am not; I am attempting to challenge you to be more consistent - in your practice of right division in general.

Because I continue to find that it's practice in life in general results in that much more skill at it, each time I sit down to study one thing out or another in Scripture - "by reason of use" Heb. 5:14.

Speaking of self-awareness - you and yours are ever after others on here as to their errors and or supposed errors.

And yet, whenever I attempt to challenge any of you to up your own self-awareness as to your practice of a possibly even higher discerning of the things that differ, you each take issue - even as you cover for one another :chuckle:

Your loss; remain ignorant of the fact I merely want the best for my own - of the fact that iron sharpening iron is one means of that - Scripturally so.

I swear, it's as if the Cross of Christ has yet to impact any of you with it's liberating effect on the need to take a thing so personal.

You each don't need to.

He ALONE is the issue; He ALONE has COMPLETELY solved for ANY need to feel PERSONAL animosity, and you are each COMPLETE in Him.

The best towards you despite your obviously willful ignorance of this victory in HIM in ALL things...anyway.

Oh Lord.....the hubris. :rotfl:

musterion

You each don't need to.

Because Romans 5:8.

Not sure how to tell you this and don't know if you'll believe it, but I wasn't feeling attacked.

Here's what I think, in one sentence:

You major on telling us that we're wrong on all manner of topics - which all are welcome to do - but you don't have the skill to, or can't be bothered to, briefly, concisely explain in very simple terms why we are wrong.

You do try. But often it comes across as what C.S. Lewis coined as Bulverism: correcting someone as wrong without first demonstrating to him, to hisunderstanding, that he is wrong, which would only make your correction welcome.

Your correction, then, is often obscured and lost in walls of text. On top of that, your analyses can come across as personally motivated due to your historic reliance on needlessly snide if not downright false labels. And the LOLs and smilies don't help. All that taken together, I hope you no longer wonder why your correction is often disregarded. It's not the substance of your correction itself that's the problem, it's the package its usually wrapped in.

Point is, your posts of this nature do indeed come across as personal and, yes, arrogant, whether you intended them as such or not. They surely do. Ask anyone, even the non-MADs in the stands.

Nevertheless, I did not feel attacked. At least not this time. I simply made an observation, which I have now explained.

If you want to help, work on conciseness and clarity. In this case, shorter and sharper jabs are better than massive blunt haymakers followed up with LOL!