Cub Reporters 2018

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
A little catching up to do. January through April will appear in the next post, truncated...and May when it closes. And, as always, the monthly winners will be noted below throughout the year.

Winnering Nags:

January: The opening month belongs to Musterion! :first:

February: PJ owns the backstretch to take this month's crown. Congrats PJ! :first:

March: Jacob finds the winner's circle for the first time! Congrats Jacob! :first:

April: Must, glory, and Judge Rightly can't be separated at the wire and share the showers (of April, stop it). Congrats! :first:

May: JR will not be denied as he reports his way to a near record margin of victory...and to the victor belong the spoiled. Congrats Judge Rightly! :first:

June: Congrats as a glitched June belongs to Judge Rightly! :first:

July: belongs to Judge Rightly and his dead horse! :first: Congrats and RIP, respectively!

September:

November:

December:

The Derby Whinner:

Mod approved--so it doesn't get reported.
:salute:

Last edited:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Okay, so we've lost a boat load of posts over the last few days around here. I'm just not going to try to reinvent that wheel. But I will tell you how May turned out.

Race Report! :singer:

Out of the gate and into the first turn it's all Judge Rightly (5), WoZ two lengths back and fading (3) with a straggling field of seven nags trailing. Through the first turn and well into the backstretch JR (7) continues to hold his lead as CathCruc (4) pulls ahead of the pack to sit three lengths off his flank in second, with Right Divider, WoZ, and a emerging challenger Apple 7 neck and neck one length back (3).

In and out of the second turn and down the home stretch they go and look at JR in full lather as Apple powers past WoZ and RD to go down to the wire with CC for 2nd, but no one is going to catch JR!

And at the wire it's Judge Rightly (12) with command, a staggering eight lengths in front of CC and Apple, whose late tie pushes the rest of the field out of the money!

May belongs to JR! Congrats! :first:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Race Report :singer:

Out of the starting gate, down the front stretch and well into the turn (hey, a lot of that disappeared) and it's Judge Rightly uncomfortably in the lead (4) with must and Right D stiff neck and neck two lengths back. No one is in a particular hurry, though everyone is huffing. GM, CM, and Ktoyou constitute the rest of the meandering pack with a chance to contend.

Arthur Brain

I'm gonna report a post just for the sake of being in this thing. Yours'll do for starters, or mine, don't care which...

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
by a neck, or nick in time, or I can ban some bad people, just do not ever do it. Ask Knight. He has a two headed horse, but does not ride him.
I'm not paying attention to the big guy until he ponies up.

Free ponies. I said it then and I remain unwavering. Not even a little wavering. :nono:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame

And down the stretch to the wire it was JR and RD trading places, back and forth with a comfortable lead on a trailing Must. And at the wire....Judge Rightly by a length (6) with RD taking second, handily out in front of Must (2) in third with a field of stopped nags refusing to cross.

Congrats as a glitched June belongs to Judge Rightly! :first:

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
A little catching up to do. January through April will appear in the next post, truncated...and May when it closes. And, as always, the monthly winners will be noted below throughout the year.

Winnering Nags:

The Derby Whinner:

Mod approved--so it doesn't get reported.
:salute:
How have I not seen this thread yet hahahahahaha!

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
How have I not seen this thread yet hahahahahaha!
I've been doing it for a few years. It started when chrys got me thinking about how often I used the feature. Several years ago it turned out I used it a lot more than I realized. So I created the first Cub Reporters to keep me mindful of my own proclivity. It worked. Along the way, using the horse race reporting bit drew a following and since everyone was taking it in the spirit of the thing, I kept at it.

Haven't had enough time of late to do it the way it should be done. Should course correct next month. Sorry you missed it prior.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame

Out of the starting gate, down the front stretch and well into the turn (hey, a lot of that disappeared) and it's Judge Rightly uncomfortably in the lead (4) with must and Right D stiff neck and neck two lengths back. No one is in a particular hurry, though everyone is huffing. GM, CM, and Ktoyou constitute the rest of the meandering pack with a chance to contend.

Ktoyou? Really? I seldom do much reporting anymore, so, it does surprise me I am a contender. It means I actually do something.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Keep it up, it is very funny.
Thanks Kat. I've just been pretty busy the last couple. Things are slowing down now. Well, once Vacation Bible School is over. I'm teaching the Kindergarten section and it's been a hoot. I have the room decorated in paper the kids draw on at the end of the lesson. Tonight everyone got to be an angel and/or a member of Abraham's family, as we went through the three promises God made him while illustrating the idea of covenant.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame

Out of the gate and down the front stretch it's a listless field, with BR, Faither and JR neck and neck (2) WoZ ambling along a length behind with several nags refusing to leave the gate.

Into the first turn and it's JR in the lead with anna surging out of nowhere to match him (3) with BR, Faither and WoZ one length back (2).

Down the back stretch and into the final turn and it's JR finding an insane burst, pulling well ahead of the pack (11) with anna and Faither tied (3) for second a full eight lengths off the lead!

Now into the final turn and down the homestretch and it's JR's nag putting on speed, legs and lines blurring as the dust generated by the sheer force of those hooves chokes the rest of the field!

And...at the wire...it's JR (20) with a blistering seventeen length lead over BR, anna, and Faither, neck and neck and neck for the money positions with a comparatively restrained run (3) for the winners circle.

July belongs to Judge Rightly and his dead horse! :first: Congrats and RIP, respectively!

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame

And they're off!

Out of the gate it's Ktoyou and JR, Bright Raven putting their spurs in, with RD, George A and yours truly in the following pack. Down the front stretch it's JR pulling away handily and into the first turn (14) a staggering nine lengths ahead of Kat, holding onto second place (5) with RD, BR and George neck to neck to neck for third (2) three lengths back!

Meanwhile, my horse appears to have spotted a patch of clover and is cautiously approaching it.

Almost at the halfway point and it's looking like JR is determined to call August his own as it will take a herculean effort to catch him now.

Arthur Brain

[FONT=&]Race Report[/FONT] :singer:

And they're off!

Out of the gate it's Ktoyou and JR, Bright Raven putting their spurs in, with RD, George A and yours truly in the following pack. Down the front stretch it's JR pulling away handily and into the first turn (14) a staggering nine lengths ahead of Kat, holding onto second place (5) with RD, BR and George neck to neck to neck for third (2) three lengths back!

Meanwhile, my horse appears to have spotted a patch of clover and is cautiously approaching it.

Almost at the halfway point and it's looking like JR is determined to call August his own as it will take a herculean effort to catch him now.

Was it four leafed? Cos there should be a bonus length awarded for that...