Creation vs. Evolution

Status
Not open for further replies.

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
No, mike is special because he is sensitive. He is in tune with other people's feelings and he cares. He wants to be friends with everyone and he wants the best for all involved. Michael has the biggest heart of anyone on TOL and he loves Jesus Christ as much as anybody else. So, Mike is "special"

Dear patrick jane,

You are just so damn wonderful, it is incredible. I'm so awesomely blessed to have a friend like you who knows me for who I am. You're super-cool and you're a lot like me already because you have all of the qualities that you see in me, or you would not be able to explain yourself that way. Do you know what I mean?? You are a big treasure!! Thanks so extremely much, patrick jane!! I see great things in your future, to be honest, PJ!! May God Reserve A Very Special Place In Heaven For You!! He Will!!

Words Cannot Describe How I Feel,

Much Love, For Jesus!!

Michael

Tyrathca

Dear Tyrathca,

Horse of a different color means 'that's a whole lot of difference,' or 'that changes things drastically.' Something to that effect. The phrase is from The Wizard of Oz movie here in America. It is on TV once a year. It's a wonderful show. You just didn't grow up with it because you're in Australia.
Never was a fan of that movie (plus it was ancient by the time I was born).
You went to Mass regularly? Well, no wonder you hate religion. You grew up in the wrong denomination.
That is not the reason. I willingly went to that school even being an Atheist.
Catholic Mass is not the answer. They do not worship Jesus as much. They worship His mother Mary more than Jesus, it seems.
Actually they focused on Jesus most of the time.
And you get a rosary and all of that mumbo jumbo.
I never did anything with the rosary or anything like that. I think they tried to go light on the catholic specific stuff as many of the kids were from other denominations.
Did you have to get on your knees at Church all of the time.
No.
What an uncomfortable thing to put people through. Those padded knee rests!!
The what? We had fairly ordinary wooden church pews.
Yes, the fact that you were offered Christianity and Jesus and God, makes a lot of difference. That means you're still a brother. You know of Jesus. You just don't know Jesus. There's a lot of difference.
I think you'll find that most atheists know the story of Jesus. I find it perplexing you think otherwise.
You are easier to love knowing you have known of Jesus, even if you don't believe in Him now, it's because you were misled, that's all.
How was I misled?
I'm proud of you and I grieve at the childhood you had.
What was wrong with my childhood???

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Never was a fan of that movie (plus it was ancient by the time I was born).
That is not the reason. I willingly went to that school even being an Atheist.
Actually they focused on Jesus most of the time.
I never did anything with the rosary or anything like that. I think they tried to go light on the catholic specific stuff as many of the kids were from other denominations.
No. The what? We had fairly ordinary wooden church pews.
I think you'll find that most atheists know the story of Jesus. I find it perplexing you think otherwise. How was I misled? What was wrong with my childhood???

Dear Tyrathca,

I guess I'm wrong about everything, eh? I'm not surprised you'd say that. A friend of mine went to catechism, and Mass, and has nuns in school who used to rap their fingers with a ruler. He said he found the Church Service very boring. He also got tired of saying his "Hail Mary's." I attended four Catholic Church Services and I realized what he meant. They had padded knees rests that rested on the back of the pews to be folded down and used when praying. I guess you didn't have that.

Enjoy what's left of your day!!

Michael

Last edited:

DavisBJ

It sure is. :up:

And your hypocrisy remains; you can't wave your arms and claim "evidence" to undo question-begging nonsense. You are required to be rational and careful with your words from the beginning.
The evidence that I see here is that Stripe is not above dishonestly altering one of his opponent’s links. Stripe gave no indication that the link had been altered, and the alteration is not visible unless you actually click on the dishonestly altered link. If this is a permitted tactic under the TOL rules of conduct, then henceforth anyone can quote a prior post and surreptitiously alter links in it to make it look like that prior poster held views completely at variance with that prior poster’s true views.

DavisBJ

I said:
It sounds first like you are saying that I decide which side of an issue is true by how many people are on each side.
To which Yorzhik replied:
That's what you said: "many fundamentalist ideas about what the Old Testament says are diametrically in opposition to the science that is routinely and successfully used and taught in every major university and industry in the world."
The quoted part from me is simply a statement of fact. It has no dependence on whether I side with the universities or whether you do or don’t. I think it has long been clear that I have a lot of respect for almost all science as it is taught in premier colleges, but my siding with them most assuredly was not predicated on me counting how many people were on each side of the issue. If we consider the adult population as a whole, I honestly don’t know how many people are on each side on some of the disputed issues. Nor do I care much.
Popularity is a bad way to determine truth.
I agree, but that is a message you need to direct to Cadry. Quite regularly he brags about how many Bibles have been sold, and how many Christians there are that disbelieve some aspect of science or the other.

Instead of the popularity game, I am far more interested in how each side came to its conclusions. On the science side, I see the cumulative result of a vast amount of study and research, performed by and concurred in by a diverse array of scientists. These scientists span all cultures, religions, and nationalities.
You have never been able to have a rational conversation on the topic of common descent. You're nothing but a ball of emotion.
Then pick up your toys and go home. If you choose to dialogue with someone who you really think is “nothing but a ball of emotion”, then that reflects poorly on you more than on me.
We determine what is true by what is consistent within itself, what is coherent as a set ideas and/or events that follow one another, and by what has predictive power. Any of these things are weighed against the opposing idea to create a level of confidence in one side or the other.
Not what I expected you to say, but I’ll buy into this, Bring it on.

Last edited:

Hedshaker

Originally Posted by Hedshaker View Post
The evidence is clear

It sure is. :up:
And your hypocrisy remains; you can't wave your arms and claim "evidence" to undo question-begging nonsense. You are required to be rational and careful with your words from the beginning.

Just to correct the link that was so dishonestly altered by Stripe.... Just when you think he couldn't get any lower. Since you are dishonest to the core and have nothing of worth to say anyway I have nothing more to say to you, and you won't be missed.

:wave2:

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

Jose Fly

Just when you think he couldn't get any lower. Since you are dishonest to the core and have nothing of worth to say anyway I have nothing more to say to you, and you won't be missed.

:wave2:

It took you this long to figure that out? :chuckle:

I honestly can't believe anyone still bothers with Stripe. Must be really, really bored.

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
It took you this long to figure that out? :chuckle:

I honestly can't believe anyone still bothers with Stripe. Must be really, really bored.
Except you're still bothering with me.

Either engage or don't; quit with the mutual self-congratulations thinking you've scored some kind of victory.

Silent Hunter

Silent Hunter,
re: "They have. You're to stupid to recognize it."

"to"????
Ever posted from a phone? Errors like it happen all the time without the meaning and intent being lost. In Stripe's case there is no doubt he lacks the basic intelligence to know the difference.
[emoji6]

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

rstrats

Silent Hunter,
re: "Ever posted from a phone?"

No, I never have.

re: "Errors like it happen all the time without the meaning and intent being lost."

Sorry. At the time, your use of the word "stupid" and the word "to" reminded me of the pot calling the kettle black.

Silent Hunter

Normally, from a computer, I would have corrected the error. That feature, the ability to edit, isn't available on my phone. Do you think I have a case to sue Samsung?

rstrats

Silent Hunter,
re: "Do you think I have a case to sue Samsung?"

You might want to look into the feasibility. But on second thought, in order to edit, you would have to know of the need to do so. And if you knew of the need but didn't have the capability, why send the post anyway?

Silent Hunter

It's a minor error. Often we don't see those before tapping the "send" button and say "oops" afterward. Stupid, I mean Stripe, can't see the trees because there is a forest in the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.