Creation vs. Evolution

Status
Not open for further replies.

alwight

I have no complaints.

I presume you have none either running your own life by whatever it is that guides you?
I tend to be guided by me, for whatever reason the idea of deferring to an ancient scripture would seem to be to not be using the brain you presumably think God gave me.

Greg Jennings

Any young Earth creationist here who can answer a quandary involving Noah's ark?

Tyrannosaurus Rex, brachiosaurus, stegosaurus, allosaurus, ceratosaurus, ankylosaurus, saltosaurus, triceratops, pachycephalosaurus, diplodocus, spinosaurus egypticus, baryonyx, megalosaurus, mega raptor, apatosaurus, edmontosaurus, iguanodon, parasaurolophus, gallimimus.

Let's pretend that the only dinosaur species (some are genera) in existence were those listed above. If Noah's ark was truly 450x75x75 feet, then just the ones I listed put together are far far too massive to fit on it, never mind putting other dinosaur species and all of the other creatures in existence on as well, and never mind trying to feed all of those animals (even if somehow God allowed them all to eat straw, there simply could not be enough straw).

D. Hallorum, a species of diplodocus, was 108 feet at full length. A brachiosaurus was 85 feet long. A Spinosaurus egypticus was 50 feet long. And on and on. Even if they were juveniles who were just 1/4 of their full size, how in the world do you suggest all of these creatures could fit onto an ark of just 450x75x75? It's simple math. The volume of the creatures far exceeds the volume of the ark.

Anyone here who can answer this riddle? You know, since young Earth creationism is "supported by science" and all that?

Caino

BANNED
Banned
Any young Earth creationist here who can answer a quandary involving Noah's ark?

Tyrannosaurus Rex, brachiosaurus, stegosaurus, allosaurus, ceratosaurus, ankylosaurus, saltosaurus, triceratops, pachycephalosaurus, diplodocus, spinosaurus egypticus, baryonyx, megalosaurus, mega raptor, apatosaurus, edmontosaurus, iguanodon, parasaurolophus, gallimimus.

Let's pretend that the only dinosaur species (some are genera) in existence were those listed above. If Noah's ark was truly 450x75x75 feet, then just the ones I listed put together are far far too massive to fit on it, never mind putting other dinosaur species and all of the other creatures in existence on as well, and never mind trying to feed all of those animals (even if somehow God allowed them all to eat straw, there simply could not be enough straw).

D. Hallorum, a species of diplodocus, was 108 feet at full length. A brachiosaurus was 85 feet long. A Spinosaurus egypticus was 50 feet long. And on and on. Even if they were juveniles who were just 1/4 of their full size, how in the world do you suggest all of these creatures could fit onto an ark of just 450x75x75? It's simple math. The volume of the creatures far exceeds the volume of the ark.

Anyone here who can answer this riddle? You know, since young Earth creationism is "supported by science" and all that?

It is believed that Noah had bunk beds for rooms where the larger dinosaurs lived. Also the length of many dinosaurs that Noah gathered was the tail length so a tail could be wrapped up in a bunk.

Greg Jennings

It is believed that Noah had bunk beds for rooms where the larger dinosaurs lived. Also the length of many dinosaurs that Noah gathered was the tail length so a tail could be wrapped up in a bunk.

I suppose some dinosaurs had tails pliable enough to curl a bit. That takes off about 1/3 of length of the average species, about.

However, the volume of all the species still far exceeds that of a 450x75x75 ark. And when you add in all of the other modern and prehistoric fauna then the quandary gets worse

Caino

BANNED
Banned
I suppose some dinosaurs had tails pliable enough to curl a bit. That takes off about 1/3 of length of the average species, about.

However, the volume of all the species still far exceeds that of a 450x75x75 ark. And when you add in all of the other modern and prehistoric fauna then the quandary gets worse

Noah was really special, maybe he was able to shrink all the hundreds of pairs of plants and birds and stuff for more room???

Some people think that after they arrived on dry land many new species came out of the few hundred things Noah had. Like a monkey bat could have birthed a Chinese family or a posume could have hatched Autralian aborigines and kangaroos in the same litter with iceberg lettuce.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
This is a picture of what the ark looked like inside. You can see some dinosaur cages are bigger than the horse cage. So.....

6days

The quandary is that all the species I mentioned (even as juveniles) in pairs has a volume greater than that of a 450x75x75 ark.

You do understand how volume works, right? It's not exactly open to interpretation
Obviously you don't understand volume.....you don't understand species.... you don't know what size juvenile dinosaurs were. ALL the animals could EASILY fit within the capacity of 550 rail cars.

" Noah was six hundred years old when the floodwaters came on the earth. And Noah and his sons and his wife and his sons’ wives entered the ark to escape the waters of the flood. Pairs of clean and unclean animals, of birds and of all creatures that move along the ground, male and female, came to Noah and entered the ark,"

Greg Jennings

Obviously you don't understand volume.....you don't understand species.... you don't know what size juvenile dinosaurs were. ALL the animals could EASILY fit within the capacity of 550 rail cars.

" Noah was six hundred years old when the floodwaters came on the earth. And Noah and his sons and his wife and his sons’ wives entered the ark to escape the waters of the flood. Pairs of clean and unclean animals, of birds and of all creatures that move along the ground, male and female, came to Noah and entered the ark,"

450x75x75 is 2,531,250 cubic feet. Are you telling me that all of the dinosaur pairs, plus all of the "types" in existence today, plus all of the "types" that existed in prehistory, plus all of the giant arthropods (that would die of oxygen too little oxygen in today's world, while modern animals would die of oxygen toxicity in their prehistoric one) do not equal up to two and a half million cubic feet?

Seriously?

Greg Jennings

Where are dinosaurs today??? EXTINCT!!
How did they die? Uh... Well, most drowned in the flood.https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_pose
After the flood...Lack of food? Ice age?? Hunters??

So glad you brought this up, 6. If dinosaurs and people lived alongside one another, and obviously must've interacted some, why are there no dinosaur remains found in bone piles made by men? We find all sorts of mammoth, bull, sheep, bear, crocodile, and remains of other creatures we know to have existed with man. Why no dinosaurs?

And how about the inverse of that as well: why no human remains inside of dinosaurs?

Wouldn't you think that if they lived together, that there would be evidence of them living together?

6days

So glad you brought this up, 6. If dinosaurs and people lived alongside one another, and obviously must've interacted some, why are there no dinosaur remains found in bone piles made by men?
Greg, its very simple and evidence is always consistent with GodsWord. Read the flood account. The world that was, was destroyed. We see evidence of that rapid burial everywhere on earth.
We find all sorts of mammoth, bull, sheep, bear, crocodile, and remains of other creatures we know to have existed with man. Why no dinosaurs?
That is a good question. We do see many modern animals buried with dinosaurs. We see birds eaten by dinosaurs and dinos eaten by mammals.... but no humans. Why? Well the answer is possibly found in Genesis 6 " So the Lord said, “I will wipe from the face of the earth the human race I have created".
The fossil record may be totally bereft of any pre-flood humans other than those on the ark. It would seem most dinosaurs went extinct shortly after the flood, however there is some evidence that some dinosaurs may have lived up until the time of Marco Polo.

6days

Greg Jennings said:
450x75x75 is 2,531,250 cubic feet. Are you telling me that all of the dinosaur pairs, plus all of the "types" in existence today, plus all of the "types" that existed in prehistory, plus all of the giant arthropods (that would die of oxygen too little oxygen in today's world, while modern animals would die of oxygen toxicity in their prehistoric one) do not equal up to two and a half million cubic feet?

Nope.... Gods Word is saying... 'Pairs of clean and unclean animals, of birds and of*all creatures that move along the ground, male and female, came to Noah and entered the ark,"

Once again...you are creating strawmen that you think you can beat. The ark easily could have held every KIND of animal. There may have been only 2 of the dog kind. Keep in mind that the Biblical model is supported by emperical evidence that animals can adapt and even speciate rapidly ...using their pre-existing genetic information.*

iouae

Where are dinosaurs today??? EXTINCT!!
How did they die? Uh... Well, most drowned in the flood.https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_pose
After the flood...Lack of food? Ice age?? Hunters??

Wouldn't it just be easier from a YEC point of view to say God did not take dinos onto the ark, and that's why they are not around today?

And if he did take dinos onto the ark, could he not just have taken their eggs? Its not like they need incubating.

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Wow, Y'all,

I am still on Page 1016. I will try to go through the pages faster. I am quite behind, I guess. I'll try to catch up soon.

Much Love To All Of You!!

Michael

Status
Not open for further replies.