Creation vs. Evolution

Status
Not open for further replies.

noguru

Lighter material rising above heavier material. Why is gravity needed? Its needed because that's what NASA says. But why is it actually needed???

What do you propose causes less dense things to be more bouyant in relationship to more dense things?

Gravity is the explanation scientists give, what is your explanation?

Consider the youtube clip I included very carefully. Why does that not happen on earth?

Daniel1611

You still didn't explain why buoyancy necessitates gravity. If you're on a flat plain, gravity isn't needed. At all. Its ONLY needed if you're on a ball. Its like strung theory needs more dimensions to be true. If we need magic to make our theory work, our theory is probably wrong. The ball earth is like string theory.

Daniel1611

We know that is your opinion. But what evidence do you have that you are the brilliant one?

My assertion is that the earth is exactly how it looks and feels. Your assertion is that it's a spinning ball flying through space with people on it upside down. The exceptional theory requires exceptional evidence. A few pictures, that NASA admits are not real photos, are not proof. They're propaganda.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
Lighter material rising above heavier material. Why is gravity needed? Its needed because that's what NASA says. But why is it actually needed???

Take two fluids like oil and water. Put them in a container. The fluid that is denser will sink to the bottom because the force of gravity per cc is greater for the denser fluid than for the less dense fluid. So the less dense fluid is displaced and will rise to the surface. Without gravity, this will not happen.

noguru

My assertion is that the earth is exactly how it looks and feels. Your assertion is that it's a spinning ball flying through space with people on it upside down. The exceptional theory requires exceptional evidence. A few pictures, that NASA admits are not real photos, are not proof. They're propaganda.

We have more than a few pictures. We have a vast amount of evidence. Unfortunately some people, like you, are oblivious to all the evidence. I can tell the earth is not flat just from boating/sailing and that is just from how it looks and feels. But there are many other evidences.

noguru

You still didn't explain why buoyancy necessitates gravity. If you're on a flat plain, gravity isn't needed. At all. Its ONLY needed if you're on a ball. Its like strung theory needs more dimensions to be true. If we need magic to make our theory work, our theory is probably wrong. The ball earth is like string theory.

I never said it necessitated gravity. Gravity does explain bouyancy. And you have no explanation, though you reject a perfectly reasonable explanation. What does that make you?

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
My assertion is that the earth is exactly how it looks and feels.

Here's how it looked, from Apollo 15:
as15-91-12343.jpg

If it wasn't a spinning sphere, there would be a lot of problems explaining hurricanes and prevailing winds, not to mention all those photographs from space.

Oh, and the curved horizon seen from very high-altitude aircraft.

And the appearance of coastal mountains as you sail toward them.

Daniel1611

Here's how it looked, from Apollo 15:
as15-91-12343.jpg

If it wasn't a spinning sphere, there would be a lot of problems explaining hurricanes and prevailing winds, not to mention all those photographs from space.

Oh, and the curved horizon seen from very high-altitude aircraft.

And the appearance of coastal mountains as you sail toward them.

So...

CGI images from NASA.

You can't see a curve from a sphere. If you see the curve, you're on a cylinder.

And objects appear smaller at a distance and bigger as you get closer.

Thanks for the hard evidence. :thumb:

Daniel1611

Can I see your hard evidence for that?

Its observable with your own senses. Unlike the appearance of earth, that only several people have ever allegedly seen from space. See, it doesn't have to be a mass Conspiracy. Only s handful if people have been to space. You don't need millions if people in on the joke. You only need a handful.

noguru

Its observable with your own senses. Unlike the appearance of earth, that only several people have ever allegedly seen from space. See, it doesn't have to be a mass Conspiracy. Only s handful if people have been to space. You don't need millions if people in on the joke. You only need a handful.

My own senses right now tell me that smaller things are as they appear, just smaller?

Can you prove to me that these things that appear smaller to me right now are really just further away?

Daniel1611

What is the difference between a sphere and a cylinder?

A cylinder is not even the whole way around. If you're on a sphere, everything will appear to be even. If you can see it bending, its a cylinder because a cylinder is not even. Do some research on the geometry of a sphere and you will see that everything should look even if you're standing on a sphere. No observable curve. Yet people say they see the curve on the ocean or from a couple miles up. No. You dont. Whether it is flat or a sphere, you won't see the curve.

Daniel1611

My own senses right now tell me that smaller things are as they appear, just smaller?

Can you prove to me that these things that appear smaller to me right now are really just further away?

Walk towards it. Proven. Now show me that the earth is a ball. Not the cgi NASA pictures. I'm over those
. but that's all the proof there is.

Newton worked out that IF the earth is a sphere, this is how it would work. E.g. gravity. Point taken. If I were a fish, I could breathe under water. Its still not proof.

seehigh

With the evidence of the lack of scientific knowledge demonstrated on this thread, it is no wonder that Asian countries, and European countries for that matter are ahead of the United States in math and science scores.

The scary part is some of these people actually are allowed to vote.

noguru

Walk towards it. Proven. Now show me that the earth is a ball. Not the cgi NASA pictures. I'm over those
. but that's all the proof there is.

Newton worked out that IF the earth is a sphere, this is how it would work. E.g. gravity. Point taken. If I were a fish, I could breathe under water. Its still not proof.

I am going to let you think about the implications of your last 2 posts for a while. Then when I have more time and the desire to untwist your twisted thinking I will get back to you. Granted I do not expect to actually get through to you, but I will give it another shot as time allows.

noguru

With the evidence of the lack of scientific knowledge demonstrated on this thread, it is no wonder that Asian countries, and European countries for that matter are ahead of the United States in math and science scores.

The scary part is some of these people actually are allowed to vote.

I am starting to think Daniel1611 is creating a parody. I hope for the sake of the US that I am right.

DavisBJ

...Do some research on the geometry of a sphere and you will see that everything should look even if you're standing on a sphere. No observable curve....
How about ships looking as though they are getting lower in the water – only the upper parts remain visible – as they get farther away on the sea?

noguru

Yet people say they see the curve on the ocean or from a couple miles up. No. You dont. Whether it is flat or a sphere, you won't see the curve.

Just a note. That is not what I meant. It has nothing to do with seeing the curve. You don't see the curve. It has to with the appearance of dry land of different altitudes/sizes and the distance from a position on the ocean/sea.

noguru

How about ships looking as though they are getting lower in the water – only the upper parts remain visible – as they get farther away on the sea?

Or the very peak of a mountain being the first thing visible and as you get closer the bottom gets visible from the top down.

Status
Not open for further replies.