Creation vs. Evolution

Status
Not open for further replies.

noguru

Can I hold your coat? :)

I live in south Florida. I do not have a coat. Some natives down here do wear one when it drops below 70 f. But I am from New England (The Berkshires to boot), and anything above 40 f (to 60 f) is just a cool NE evening for me.

When I am not at work I am usually wearing shorts and t shirt. I do have a couple pair of Jesus sandals, however.

alwight

I live in Florida. I do not have a coat. Some natives down here do wear one when it drops below 70 f. But I am from New England (The Berkshires to boot), and anything above 40 f (to 60 f) is just a cool NE evening for me.

When I am not at work I am usually wearing shorts and t shirt.
Don Johnson (Miami Vice) used to wear designer jackets and roll the sleeves up.

noguru

Don Johnson (Miami Vice) used to wear designer jackets and roll the sleeves up.

Yup, that's one reason I moved out of Miami/Dade after an 11 year trial of that county. A couple times a month I do have to work down there at the Fountain Bluea and some other venues for the audio/video production work I do. I was just down there on Thursday and then last night for the Rio 2 release party, setting up and then taking down the video wall.

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
DNA: Comparing Humans and Chimps

"The chimpanzee and another ape, the bonobo, are humans' closest living relatives. These three species look alike in many ways, both in body and behavior. But for a clear understanding of how closely they are related, scientists compare their DNA, an essential molecule that's the instruction manual for building each species. Humans and chimps share a surprising 98.8 percent of their DNA. How can we be so similar--and yet so different?"

This is one of my favorite evidences for the existence of God.

Genesis 1:26 RSV Then God said, "Let us make man in our image, after our likeness; and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the birds of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creeps upon the earth."

--Dave

noguru

"The chimpanzee and another ape, the bonobo, are humans' closest living relatives. These three species look alike in many ways, both in body and behavior. But for a clear understanding of how closely they are related, scientists compare their DNA, an essential molecule that's the instruction manual for building each species. Humans and chimps share a surprising 98.8 percent of their DNA. How can we be so similar--and yet so different?"

--Dave

You are asking this question and at the same time sincerely want us to believe you have an accurate understanding of these issues?

:rotfl:

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
You are asking this question and at the same time sincerely want us to believe you have an accurate understanding of these issues?

:rotfl:

I didn't ask the question, see link.

I sincerely believe you have no understanding of what it means to be sincere.

Genesis, not me, has an accurate understanding of why man did not evolve from an ancient ancestor with apes.

--Dave

alwight

Genesis 1:26 RSV Then God said, "Let us make man in our image, after our likeness; and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the birds of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creeps upon the earth."

--Dave
Who was God talking to here? (Let us...in our image... etc)

Yorzhik

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Thank you Yorzhik for showing what a decietful and lying person you are to try and quote mine me so blatantly.

Even reading the quote you have of mine it is obvious I am NOT talking about entropy, regardless of how many times you tried (ineffectively and erroneously) to conflate it and the term mutational load in that thread. To quote myself only two posts earlier in that same thread:

It doesn't mean you can substitute mutation load and entropy where ever you find it whenever you want to.

Your claim doesn't do anything to show that mutational load isn't caused by entropy. My quote was accurate.

6days

This is one of my favorite evidences for the existence of God.

--Dave
I agree Dave, although I think the 98% figure is incorrect. Its an exaggeration evolutionists make as they try link human ape ancestry. There are DNA sequences we have that chimps don't have...so zero similarity in some DNA. Its been awhile since I looked at numbers but I think MtDNA is quite different also...70%??

Anyways... Your point is correct that this is evidence of a Common Designer.

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I used to have to sing it at school "God in three persons, blessed trinity". Never did understand it.

God is one as in singularity and three is a contradiction.

God is a one as in unity of three persons is rational, Tri-unity.

--Dave

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I agree Dave, although I think the 98% figure is incorrect. Its an exaggeration evolutionists make as they try link human ape ancestry. There are DNA sequences we have that chimps don't have...so zero similarity in some DNA. Its been awhile since I looked at numbers but I think MtDNA is quite different also...70%??

Anyways... Your point is correct that this is evidence of a Common Designer.

You know if I said less than 98% the big issue would have been that I'm a moron who can't get his facts straight.

--Dave

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Quoted from another thread:

Yes, it is too bad it must be that way, but I guess if everyone believed in the same thing, we'd all make it to Heaven. So there must be a dividing line. Very interesting!! Some people are so adamant that God is not there, when He actually is. What more can you tell them?

God Pummel The False Prophet!!

Michael

6days

What evidence?
Darwin: "...they will appear as if suddenly created ..."
Darwin doesn't believe they are suddenly created... but admitting that's the evidence... Things appear suddenly in the fossil record.
For example, complex sophisticated eyes appear suddenly...There is no evidence that sophisticated intelligently designed vision systems evolved.

Status
Not open for further replies.