Creation and science

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Science has figured out how far away, in light years, a planet or galaxy is. By doing so they know the cosmos is billions of years old.

This goes against most Christians who believe all things were created in seven, 24 hour, days. But if this were true, we could not see very far out in space, only those objects that are 8,000 light years away.

No assumptions in this one. :plain: Say, since we would be seeing billions of years ago, we should see the origins with the Hubble, right?

iamaberean

Likewise the word day can be an unknown if it does not have a qualifier suckle as day one, second day etc.

You are so enamoured of your secular ideas that you preach another gospel. *God created a perfect world which has corrupted by sin. You preach that God created a corrupted world to begin with that there was millions of years of death pain and suffering before sin entered the world. Your false teachings destroy the purpose of Christ's physical death.*

I say, God can not lie!
When one says the world is 8000 years old and the world God created is billions of years old. Somebody is in error and it is not God or the scientist, they just go by what God has given them. It has to be Christians that don't understand God or the scientific evidence.

Tell me, 6longdays, why is the seventh day not finished after thousands of years?

Truster

You might believe that to be true, but have no evidence to support your statement.

I don't believe that to be true. I know it is. I have the evidence of scripture, but you, in whom the prince of the power of the air works, can not accept, nor comprehend the truth.

iouae

OR not.
For in six days, God created the heavens and the earth and everything in them.

That is correct, the current heaven's creatures and the current earth's creatures, as described in Genesis 1.

BTW on which day(s) do you claim God created the heavens and the earth?

The answer would be e.g.. Day 1, Day 3 etc.

Bluecheese

I don't believe that to be true. I know it is. I have the evidence of scripture, but you, in whom the prince of the power of the air works, can not accept, nor comprehend the truth.

The Bible isn't evidence! You have no evidence you have the elusive 'truth'!

6days

iamberean said:
When one says the world is 8000 years old and the world God created is billions of years old. Somebody is in error and it is not God or the scientist, they just go by what God has given them. It has to be Christians that don't understand God or the scientific evidence.
God's Word seems to indicate He created about 6000 years ago. The world and universe we observe is consistent with His Word.

iamberean said:
Tell me, 6longdays, why is the seventh day not finished after thousands of years?
On the 7th day...God rested...past tense.*As theologian Wood says "Jehovah finished his labor at the end of the six days, and on the seventh day rested. The narrative provides no basis for the assumption that the day he rested differed in any fashion from those which preceded it. It evidently was marked out and its length determined in the same manner as the others. If it was not a day of 24 hours, it sustains no resemblance to the Sabbath which was given to the Israelites"

6days

That is correct, the current heaven's creatures and the current earth's creatures, as described in Genesis 1.

BTW on which day(s) do you claim God created the heavens and the earth?

The answer would be e.g.. Day 1, Day 3 etc.
Day 1
God formed and filled over the next few days.
(There was no previous heavens and earth)

iamaberean

God's Word seems to indicate He created about 6000 years ago. The world and universe we observe is consistent with His Word.[/i]

In truth, it is not consistent with your interpretation of God's Word. Scientific evidence only agrees when we accept the fact that scripture is true, all of it:
2Pe 3:8 But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.

On the 7th day...God rested...past tense.*As theologian Wood says "Jehovah finished his labor at the end of the six days, and on the seventh day rested. The narrative provides no basis for the assumption that the day he rested differed in any fashion from those which preceded it. It evidently was marked out and its length determined in the same manner as the others. If it was not a day of 24 hours, it sustains no resemblance to the Sabbath which was given to the Israelites"

God rested then, true, and it is still so today. We are still in the seventh day of rest, today.

iouae

Day 1
God formed and filled over the next few days.
(There was no previous heavens and earth)

I believe Ps 104 is describing a renewing of earth. Thus new heavens, earth, seas were made in 6 days.

24 O Lord, how manifold are thy works! in wisdom hast thou made them all: the earth is full of thy riches.

25 So is this great and wide sea, wherein are things creeping innumerable, both small and great beasts.

26 There go the ships: there is that leviathan,[plesiosaurus] whom thou hast made to play therein.

27 These wait all upon thee; that thou mayest give them their meat in due season.

28 That thou givest them they gather: thou openest thine hand, they are filled with good.

29 Thou hidest thy face, they are troubled: thou takest away their breath, they die, and return to their dust.[mass extinction]

30 Thou sendest forth thy spirit, [Gen 1:2] they are created: and thou renewest the face of the earth.

6days

I believe Ps 104 is describing a renewing of earth. Thus new heavens, earth, seas were made in 6 days.
However that is contradictory to scripture.
God's Word tells us He created the heavens and the earth in six days. (Not re-create) Your belief is simply an attempt to add billions of years into scripture trying to find a compromise between what God says and secular man says.

Jonahdog

BANNED
Banned
However that is contradictory to scripture.
God's Word tells us He created the heavens and the earth in six days. (Not re-create) Your belief is simply an attempt to add billions of years into scripture trying to find a compromise between what God says and secular man says.

On one issue you are correct. There is no compromise between a week long creation about 6000 years ago and the facts. What you must believe to be true is simply not.

6days

Scientific evidence only agrees when we accept the fact that scripture is true, all of it:
I think Galileo's Pope used similar words. He (the pope) thought he should accept the popular opinion of the day and interpret scripture to fit it.
2Pe 3:8 But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.
So... you think we should use that verse to tell us Jesus was in the tomb 3000 years? Or is that verse telling us that God is patient and willing all to come to Him?
God rested then, true, and it is still so today. We are still in the seventh day of rest, today.
Even if that was true (it isn't)... it still would have no bearing on the six days of creation. Your mental gymnastics with language end up rendering a impotent Gospel (death before sin) and Christ suffering a meaningless crucifixion.

Last edited:

way 2 go

Science has figured out how far away, in light years, a planet or galaxy is. By doing so they know the cosmos is billions of years old.

tells us distance not age

spchlss.gif

Jonahdog

BANNED
Banned
tells us distance not age

spchlss.gif

no information about age? If something is determined to be 10 light years away, it is the as far away as it takes light to travel in 10 years therefore it takes 10 years for the light to reach us from when it started from that source, correct?

6days

no information about age? If something is determined to be 10 light years away, it is the as far away as it takes light to travel in 10 years therefore it takes 10 years for the light to reach us from when it started from that source, correct?
In other words, it took about 46 Billion years for light to reach here from the light horizon?
A light year is a measurement of distance....not time