Creation and science

iamaberean

Science has figured out how far away, in light years, a planet or galaxy is. By doing so they know the cosmos is billions of years old.

This goes against most Christians who believe all things were created in seven, 24 hour, days. But if this were true, we could not see very far out in space, only those objects that are 8,000 light years away.

Either the first day, in Gen 1, was billions of years or we have to believe scientists are just trying to come up with facts to refute the bible.

Think about it!

http://realtruth.org/articles/090203-006-science.html

Truster

Everything was created with a history including Adam who was an adult male of 30 years. The heavens and the earth were also created with history.

Jonahdog

BANNED
Banned
Everything was created with a history including Adam who was an adult male of 30 years. The heavens and the earth were also created with history.

Why?
Did Adam have a belly button?
How do you know your god did not create everything with a history just last week?

Truster

Why?
Did Adam have a belly button?
How do you know your god did not create everything with a history just last week?

The manner in which you use the term ''your god'' tells me that you have sufficient spiritual understanding to leave you without excuse, but not sufficient to understand anything I might say.

Wait for it.......

Jonahdog

BANNED
Banned
The manner in which you use the term ''your god'' tells me that you have sufficient spiritual understanding to leave you without excuse, but not sufficient to understand anything I might say.

Wait for it.......

So I need some special spiritual understanding to appreciate your understanding of the real world?
Is there a secret hand shake I need to learn?

Truster

So I need some special spiritual understanding to appreciate your understanding of the real world?
Is there a secret hand shake I need to learn?

I don't say nor imply anything that is not scriptural;

''But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of Elohim: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned''.

PS here is a link to some other translations and if you scroll down you'll find some commentaries:

http://biblehub.com/1_corinthians/2-14.htm

iamaberean

More likely God created in his time frame, not man's!

2Pe 3:8 But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.

'a thousand' is an unknown unless it has a qualifier such as one, two etc.

Truster

More likely God created in his time frame, not man's!

2Pe 3:8 But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.

The first sign that Messiah performed at Cana proves what I have said.

oatmeal

Science has figured out how far away, in light years, a planet or galaxy is. By doing so they know the cosmos is billions of years old.

This goes against most Christians who believe all things were created in seven, 24 hour, days. But if this were true, we could not see very far out in space, only those objects that are 8,000 light years away.

Either the first day, in Gen 1, was billions of years or we have to believe scientists are just trying to come up with facts to refute the bible.

Think about it!

http://realtruth.org/articles/090203-006-science.html

God did not create (Genesis 1:1) the heaven and earth without form and void (Genesis 1:2) it became that way. How many years, or billions of years transpired between Genesis 1:1 and 1:2, we, including scientists, do not know, it could have been billions of years

Truster

God did not create (Genesis 1:1) the heaven and earth without form and void (Genesis 1:2) it became that way. How many years, or billions of years transpired between Genesis 1:1 and 1:2, we, including scientists, do not know, it could have been billions of years

There was no measure of time prior to the first day. Just as the will be no measure of time after the last day.

iamaberean

There was no measure of time prior to the first day. Just as the will be no measure of time after the last day.
I think you just proved my point. There is much more than 24 hours in the first day.
Gen 1:1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.
Gen 1:2 And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.
Gen 1:3 And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.
Gen 1:4 And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness.
Gen 1:5 And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day.

Gen 2:2 And on the seventh day God ended his work which he had made; and he rested on the seventh day from all his work which he had made.
There is no morning and evening of the seventh, last, day.

We know then, that the first and last days are longer than 24 hours so it makes sense that the 2nd thru the 6th would also be an unknown length of time, according to science, many thousands of years.

Thanks Truster!

Truster

I think you just proved my point. There is much more than 24 hours in the first day.
Gen 1:1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.
Gen 1:2 And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.
Gen 1:3 And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.
Gen 1:4 And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness.
Gen 1:5 And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day.

Gen 2:2 And on the seventh day God ended his work which he had made; and he rested on the seventh day from all his work which he had made.
There is no morning and evening of the seventh, last, day.

We know then, that the first and last days are longer than 24 hours so it makes sense that the 2nd thru the 6th would also be an unknown length of time, according to science, many thousands of years.

Thanks Truster!

The first day was a day of 24 hours. The created heavens and earth are subject to time and time is subject to measurement.

6days

iamberean said:

You are confusing distance with time. God's Word tell them that he spread out the heavens. How long do you think it would take him to do that? is your God limited by some speed limit?
iamberean said:

it seems you would rather believe secular ideas than God's Word. Throughout history Christian have mostly believe the Bible as it is plainly written. It is mostly just in the last 200 years that so many Christians have been willing to compromise and add secular ideas into God's Word

iouae

Think about it!

Or, the Big Bang occurred any way science said it did, any time it did.

And 5.6 billion years ago earth formed.
And 5.1 billion years ago God created primitive life to produce oxygen.

And many mass extinctions and recreations later we come to the last mass extinction 6000 years ago which left earth "without form and void". After each mass extinction, God created a completely new biome on earth.

And in 6 literal days, 6000 years ago, God re-created earth's last biome.

And 4.4 billion years ago there was a Deluge, and an Ark.

And here we are today :)

6days

iamfalseberean said:

Likewise the word day can be an unknown if it does not have a qualifier suckle as day one, second day etc.

You are so enamoured of your secular ideas that you preach another gospel. *God created a perfect world which has corrupted by sin. You preach that God created a corrupted world to begin with that there was millions of years of death pain and suffering before sin entered the world. Your false teachings destroy the purpose of Christ's physical death.*

6days

Or, the Big Bang occurred any way science said it did, any time it did.

And 5.6 billion years ago earth formed.
And 5.1 billion years ago God created primitive life to produce oxygen.

And many mass extinctions and recreations later we come to the last mass extinction 6000 years ago which left earth "without form and void". After each mass extinction, God created a completely new biome on earth.

And in 6 literal days, 6000 years ago, God re-created earth's last biome.

And 4.4 billion years ago there was a Deluge, and an Ark.

And here we are today :)
OR not.
For in six days, God created the heavens and the earth and everything in them.