Couple must pay lesbian couple $1500 each, on top of 10K fine

GFR7

What a lovely couple......... not. :plain:
What a racket. :nono:

‘We’ve gone from tolerance to compulsion,’ the Giffords’ lawyer, James Trainor, told the New York Post.

jennifer-mccarthy-and-melisa-erwin.jpg

. . . In 2012, the Giffords were approached by a lesbian couple who wanted to use their family ranch for a gay marriage ceremony. Being Christians, the deal would be going against everything they believe, so the Giffords had to decline.

In August, an administrative law judge ruled that the Giffords had violated state law, discriminating against the couple based on sexual orientation, according to the Daily Mail. The Giffords were ordered to pay fines to the state, totaling a hefty $10,000.

The Giffords thought they were done with the ordeal, but they were sorely mistaken.

The lesbians eventually were married at another venue upstate, but they weren’t finished with the Giffords yet.

Because the women claimed to have suffered “mental anguish” from the denial to marry at the ranch, the Giffords have been ordered to pay out $1,500 to each of the women.

http://universalfreepress.com/punis...fused-to-marry-gay-couple-will-infuriate-you/

GFR7

Absolutely:
They should have been able to decline, and they were TARGETED.
It's quick and easy money, after all!

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Following a link from the OP:

In summer, wedding ceremonies and receptions also are held on the farm. But once already-booked nuptials take place, the Giffords will no longer schedule new ceremonies. Only receptions — including same-sex ones — will go on.
So the Giffords are accepting payment for and hosting same-sex receptions? That's interesting.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Following a link from the OP:

So the Giffords are accepting payment for and hosting same-sex receptions? That's interesting.

yes, its very interesting that the gays couldn't be satisfied with that, but demand that people go against their religion and marry them, you know like many of them claim they would never do, if they were given the right to marry....

musterion

Sorry. They are dreadful as a couple. (If they were alone, I might not be so judgmental. :AMR1: )

Exactly. It's not their physical appearance, it's there demeanor and attitude. Disgusting sodomites.

(Granite, Ruth Buzzword or the Idio-Brit come to their rescue any time now)

Jose Fly

Maybe some day fundamentalist Christians will understand that if you open a public business, the law says you must be open to...you know...the public.

But I'm not holding my breath.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Maybe some day fundamentalist Christians will understand that if you open a public business, the law says you must be open to...you know...the public.

But I'm not holding my breath.

Marrying someone in your home, and hosting a reception are different things, these pervs were even told at the time they were welcome to have their reception there, but that the giffords would not marry them because of their religious beliefs, it wasnt about the venue, but about their religious beliefs and marrying them.

The Giffordses, who are Christian and hold the belief that marriage is restricted to one man and one woman, said the couple was welcome to hold their reception on the property, but not the actual ceremony.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/201...ecision-that-will-likely-hurt-their-business/

Gay doesn't have the right to trump the constitution on freedom of speech and religion. Those are guaranteed rights, gay is not a guaranteed right.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
yes, its very interesting that the gays couldn't be satisfied with that, but demand that people go against their religion and marry them, you know like many of them claim they would never do, if they were given the right to marry....

Angel, I know we differ on this and you're a friend of mine so I'll say this, and then if you want we can agree to disagree.

Same sex marriage is legal in New York State. I don't know all the legal ins and outs, but I would think a wedding venue can't discriminate against what is a legal marriage in that state. If the Giffords felt that strongly about the issue, it's certainly within their rights to not offer weddings at all, which they've apparently done, but they can't discriminate.

What I find interesting is that their their farm still hosts same-sex receptions. They're making money off something that they've made clear goes against their beliefs.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Angel, I know we differ on this and you're a friend of mine so I'll say this, and then if you want we can agree to disagree.

Same sex marriage is legal in New York State. I don't know all the legal ins and outs, but I would think a wedding venue can't discriminate against what is a legal marriage in that state. If the Giffords felt that strongly about the issue, it's certainly within their rights to not offer weddings at all, which they've apparently done, but they can't discriminate.

What I find interesting is that their their farm still hosts same-sex receptions. They're making money off something that they've made clear goes against their beliefs.

Then you believe a catholic priest should be forced to host a gay marriage?

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Exactly. It's not their physical appearance, it's there demeanor and attitude. Disgusting sodomites.

(Granite, Ruth Buzzword or the Idio-Brit come to their rescue any time now)

What is it about their demeanor in the photograph that has you in such hysterics?