Couple must pay lesbian couple $1500 each, on top of 10K fine

Traditio

BANNED
Banned
I completely agree with you, however, that the owner, at least on the face of it, acted like a complete hypocrite. She really doesn't have a leg to stand on.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Thanks for reminding me of that. When Adam and Eve saw that they were naked, they made loin cloths from fig leaves. They didn't make a bra for her.

Maybe because Adam was in charge. Figures...

I'm not speaking for them. I'm speaking for myself. If all they were interested in was love for each other, they wouldn't have sought so much publicity.
But you really are. Multiple times. It takes a lot of hubris to decide whether and what someone you don't even know is reveling in.

It's simple: because they would have needed time to plan a wedding reception.
Timewise: Las Vegas is six hours from me, and a justice of the peace is minutes away.

Emotional readiness-wise: Many people get married without any idea what they're getting into. They're young (or not so young) and idealistic, and let's face it, life is tough.

I kind of imagine you deriding that idealism in a same-sex couple and chuckling over it in a hetero couple.

On the contrary, they were being generous. I would do the same. If I were running a hotel, I would allow homosexuals to stay. But I would not let them get married on the premises.
That's fine, that's your opinion, and the course of action you'd take. That doesn't mean you're correct, or that others would agree with you.

I don't take comfort in my level of intelligence (whatever that is).
If it helps at all, I don't either. :eek:
I don't feel superior to person y because he is less intelligent than me or inferior to person x because he is more intelligent than me. The issue is that these people make themselves inferior, as I pointed out. They revel in it.
But you do, you actually said so. I did admire your honesty.

But they will not last long. Because a lasting relationship needs to be based on more than defiance. When finally everybody leaves them alone, they have to live with themselves regardless of who they are defying. They have to live with bad body odours, untidy habits, lack of punctuality, selfishness and so on. I doubt they will have enough to carry them through for very long.
A lot of marriages don't last long. Sometimes marriages stay together long after they should have called it quits. In general, I think it's a good idea not to presume the length of anyone's marriage, unless you're one of the two people involved and even then, it's not foolproof.