Could Dogs detect Covid-19?

eider

How 'bout answering my question? Are all
laws decreed by the government moral?

You seem to want to ignore a few, if I may say so. I'm talking about bible laws here.

OK......... I'll bite....... please show two laws that are not moral.
Over to you.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
I don't know what the tax rate was in Judea during Jesus' day, but I'm guessing the Roman tribute was at least 10% if not more. Whatever it was, Jesus told them to pay it, no ifs ands or buts.

And?

You (or was it eider?) framed the question in the circumstance of Jesus being present on this earth.

I should have asked if by that it was meant that Jesus came here the first time, or the second, because it makes a difference.

If that is the law of the land (and it already is to some degree), you don't get to skirt it without consequences.

This is an appeal to consequences fallacy.

The law of the land, if it is contrary to God's law (and it is, currently), is wrong.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
If you think

What I think has nothing to do with it.

Abortion IS wrong because it's a baby, and it's ALWAYS wrong to kill a baby, especially in his mother's womb, because babies are made in God's image.

abortion is wrong, don't get an abortion.

Aside from the fact that I'm a male...

Again, Abortion is wrong because it's a baby, and it's always wrong to kill a baby, because babies are made in God's image.

Your problem solved.

No, problem not solved.

I do not have to tolerate babies being murdered simply because man's law says it's ok to murder babies.

I think most so-called "pro-life" politicians only use abortion as a political football, but they don't really want to truly outlaw it. If they did, what would some of them do when they get their mistresses pregnant? Wouldn't want the wife to find out. They might want a divorce.

The "pro-life" groups are mostly no longer pro-life.

They're pro-choice with exceptions.

I certainly don't associate with those groups, and hope they realize that regulating abortion won't save a single baby's life.

I'm pro-abolition.

Well, it's a safe bet that the Romans weren't using their tribute money to pay for social welfare programs, so there's that. We've come a long way from that barbaric time, thank God.

Do you think that its barbaric to allow people to choose where and to whom their money goes without the government's intervention?

I'm not sure what you're even referring to here, and I am hesitant to find out.

I'm talking about adultery. Did you not notice that I was talking about "Do not murder, steal, commit adultery, or bear false witness"?

It's none of my business

We're talking about what governments should do, not you.

why anyone else decides to get divorced.

Jesus said that the only valid reason for divorce is sexual immorality, which includes abandonment.

Back in the "good old days," wives got beaten and had no recourse.

Women are beaten every day by men who aren't even their husbands whom they live with because it's easier to live together unmarried than it is to live together married.

I mean, just look at OJ Simpson. He even went so far as to murder his girlfriend.

Are the commands against murder, theft, adultery, and bearing false witness barbaric?

Again, I'm not specifically sure what you are referring to here.

I'm talking about the homo pride parades. I'm talking about the stripper joints.

There are public indecency laws.

And yet, those laws are hardly ever enforced where it matters.

If they don't go far enough for you,

Once again, what I think about something has nothing to do with whether something is moral or immoral.

then work with others to lobby for changes.

And you think that isn't already being done?

That doesn't answer my question (which, admittedly, was somewhat rhetorical).

I asked when was the last time you read about someone being punished for bearing false witness against his neighbor, not what the law is about defamation.

Do you not even know what God says the punishment should be for perjury?

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Just absolute, utter garbage.

Your opinion has been noted, and then the note discarded.

The Nazis were about as far left

Well you're right about that. They were far left.

as people who think homosexuals should be executed, oh, which is what they did in fact.

:plain:

Even a broken clock is right twice a day.

Arthur Brain

Your opinion has been noted, and then the note discarded.

It's not opinion, it's fact. You should acquaint yourself on the subject as it's your opinion that can simply be discarded.

Well you're right about that. They were far left.

Which of course I didn't say and isn't selective quoting against the rules on here now?

Even a broken clock is right twice a day.

Nobody on the left would think there was anything "right" about killing homosexuals then or now. To be fair, most on the right wouldn't either but a minority on the far right do.

eider

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/covid-19-detection-dogs-trial-launches

‘COVID dogs’ to be trialled as potential non-invasive detection approach for the virus in the future
The dogs, who successfully detect certain cancers, will undergo intensive training to see if they can spot coronavirus before symptoms appear
Clinical trial backed by half a million pounds of government funding for innovative schemes
Trials for specially-trained ‘COVID dogs’ that may be able to detect coronavirus in humans, even before symptoms appear, are set to begin as part of new research. This will establish whether they could be used as a potential new non-invasive, early warning measure to detect coronavirus in the future.

World-leading researchers at the London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine (LSHTM) will carry out the first phase of a trial in collaboration with the charity Medical Detection Dogs and Durham University, backed by £500,000 of government funding. This aims to determine whether dogs are able to detect coronavirus in humans from odour samples.

The trial brings together leading disease control experts from the universities with Medical Detection Dogs, who have already successfully trained dogs to detect the odour of many different diseases in humans, such as cancer, malaria and Parkinson’s disease.

This new trial will look at whether the dogs, a mixture of labradors and cocker spaniels, can be trained to detect coronavirus in people too, even if they are not showing symptoms.

Minister for Innovation Lord Bethell said:

“Bio-detection dogs already detect specific cancers and we believe this innovation might provide speedy results as part of our wider testing strategy.

“Accuracy is essential so this trial will tell us whether ‘COVID dogs’ can reliably detect the virus and stop it spreading.”

If successful, these dogs could provide a fast and non-invasive detection method alongside the government’s robust 5-pillar testing strategy. It is one of a number of testing measures being explored in order to ensure the government’s response to the virus is as extensive as possible.

The initial phase of the trial will see NHS staff in London hospitals collect odour samples from people who are infected with coronavirus and those who are uninfected. The 6 bio detection dogs will then undergo thorough training to identify the virus from the samples.

More than 10 years of research gathered by Medical Detection Dogs has shown that the dogs, which could each screen up to 250 people per hour, can be trained to detect the odour of disease at the equivalent dilution of one teaspoon of sugar in 2 Olympic-sized swimming pools of water.

Professor James Logan, lead researcher for the work and Head of the Department of Disease Control at the London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine, said:

Our previous work has shown that malaria has a distinctive odour, and with Medical Detection Dogs, we successfully trained dogs to accurately detect malaria. This, combined with the knowledge that respiratory disease can change body odour, makes us hopeful that the dogs can also detect COVID-19.

I would like to thank the UK government for their support of this pioneering research through this funding. We’re excited to do this trial, and confirm whether these bio detection dogs can be used to screen for COVID-19.

If successful, this approach could revolutionise how we detect the virus, with the potential to screen high numbers of people

eider

Abortion IS wrong because it's a baby,........................, because babies are made in God's image.

Again, Abortion is wrong because it's a baby, ..............................because babies are made in God's image.

I do not have to tolerate babies being murdered ............................

I'm pro-abolition.
The above (much reduced by me) was sent to another member.

Babies need the full protection of the law. Right?

Do you support taxation to provide all education, medicare, subsistence and welfare for all minors?

Jesus said that the only valid reason for divorce is sexual immorality, which includes abandonment.
Could you provide sources for what Jesus said about reasons for divorce?
And a source to support your point about abandonment?

7djengo7

This space intentionally left blank
Rubbish...... you write such baloney!

I'll bet that you point to folks and say 'They aren't Christians!'

I'm not in the habit of pointing to folks. But, yeah, you're right: Just as I say of some folks, 'They are Christians', I say of other folks, 'They aren't Christians'. In fact, that's what I just got done doing in the post to which you've just now reacted: I said that certain folks aren't Christians.

I'll bet........ in fact I think you did.,... above.

Very perceptive of you! I did say that some folks aren't Christians.

What Creed or Church do you belong to?

My creed is the Bible; the church I belong to is referred to, in the Bible, as the body of Christ.

EDIT: Ha ha! You deny hundreds of thousands of Christians!

False. I only deny that non-Christians are Christians; I do not deny that Christians are Christians.

I just checked your profile.
You wrote:-

There you go........... pointing and denying..... and excluding.....
What a joke....... you hypocrite.

According to you, is every single human being a Christian? Yes or No? By answering "No", you're denying that some people are Christians. Perhaps you're actually even more stupid than you come through sounding like on TOL, and would actually be willing to say "Yes,j every single human being is a Christian"? In any case, those are your only options for answering the question. So, why is it wrong for me to call some people "non-Christians", while it's somehow right for you to call some people "non-Christians"?

What a joke...….you and Adolf Hitler, your fellow Christ-despising non-Christian.

Arthur Brain

I never suggested otherwise.

You can't hide and watch from across the pond?

That's EXACTLY right! It has PRECISELY nothing to do with it at all. If it helped the left to spread this disease they'd let it spread and the they wouldn't blink an eye.

The left needs disaster, it needs people scared, it needs victims. Their entire system is built on it.

Are you telling me that you think that having thousands of dogs sniffing people's crotches is going to somehow help the left pay for all it's unfunded pensions that they knew they weren't going to be able to pay when they formed them?

Nice rebuttal. :rolleyes:

The fact is you couldn't care less what the truth is. You're just another mindless waste of time.

My bike?

And, by the way, the whole thread is still here for everyone to read you nitwit. I think government funded Covid dogs are a really stupid idea and I explained why because you asked. It had nothing to do with me ranting about anything other than your colossal stupidity.

The current administration in the UK is conservative, not left or liberal at all.

eider

The current administration in the UK is conservative, not left or liberal at all.

I think it's a waste of time, trying to reason with extremist nuts.
But it is fascinating, reading their trash and imagining how their minds can twist, turn and manipulate to feed their agendas.
Quite quite fascinating........
Oh well, have a pint on me......... it must be my round by now. :cheers:

eider

I'm not in the habit of pointing to folks. But, yeah, you're right: Just as I say of some folks, 'They are Christians', I say of other folks, 'They aren't Christians'.
As if you would know..............

Very perceptive of you! I did say that some folks aren't Christians.
As if you would know..............

My creed is the Bible; the church I belong to is referred to, in the Bible, as the body of Christ.
That's where all Christians get their Creeds from !........ hundreds and hundreds of different Creeds. From the bible! That includes all the Unitarians who you despise, and probably many of the Trinitarians.

False. I only deny that non-Christians are Christians; I do not deny that Christians are Christians.
I don't think that you have a clue about who is or is not a Christian, from amongst the churches, anyway.

According to you, is every single human being a Christian? Yes or No? By answering "No", you're denying that some people are Christians.
Don't try and be a clever debater, Clete...... you aren't bright enough. :chuckle:
I am a Deist! I acknowledge nearly everybody's faith, whatever they declare...... Nearly everybody's. But when people tell me that they are Christians I take interest in what they say, how they act, how they communicate, and you..... ? I've never met anybody like you whom I thought was a Christian...... just sayin'.... just my viewpoint.

Perhaps you're actually even more stupid .....
Go on.... Clete....... show me some more of your idea of Christian heart and soul.
You've given yourself away from the beginning.

What a joke...….you and Adolf Hitler, your fellow Christ-despising non-Christian.
I've read your posts for a while now........ and I wouldn't listen to a word that you would try to tell me about Christianity....... wouldn't listen to a word.
I don't believe in anything that you say...........