Could Dogs detect Covid-19?

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
So any law that a government codifies is automatically moral?

If it's a law then your moral responsibility is to follow it or face consequences. Or do you think following laws should be optional? If you disagree with a law, then it is your moral responsibility to raise public support to get the law changed. Until that is done, you must obey it.

eider

So any law that a government codifies is automatically moral?
You've got a vote. So you vote, then you go along with the choice of the people, surely.??

What is it...... Government of, for and by the people?

One moment you post in support of your government, now you knock it?
That's no good.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
if you don't like his policies then don't vote for his party is my suggestion.

Pretty sure Clete didn't.

You quoted Paul to me?
Paul tells you to obey the laws of your land and to support your community.

Peter also says:

But Peter and the other apostles answered and said: “We ought to obey God rather than men. - Acts 5:29 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Acts5:29&version=NKJV

Pretty sure God's "Thou shalt not steal," "Thou shalt not murder," etc, override anything any man can dream up.

You can't hide behind your Constitution one minute and then rubbish it the next.... that really is s schizo.... Really.

Constitution was made by faulty man.

God's law is, well, an expression of his nature, just, righteous, and good.

Man is sinful and fallen, there is none good but God.

If man's law says murder, but God's law says don't murder, then who should you obey? man or God?

The answer is clear.

Obey God, rather than man.

If it's a law then your moral responsibility is to follow it or face consequences.

Wrong.

But Peter and the other apostles answered and said: “We ought to obey God rather than men. - Acts 5:29 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Acts5:29&version=NKJV

Yes, what Paul says is correct. We ought to obey the government as it is God's minster.

But when the government is evil, and violates man's laws, and gives laws contrary to God's commands, we are to disobey.

Or do you think following laws should be optional?

If the law is wicked and is contrary to God's law, we obey God rather than man.

If the law is not wicked, and is not contrary to God's law, then we obey man's laws.

If you disagree with a law,

If one disagrees with a law is irrelevant. Criminals disagree with a lot of laws, and have somehow managed to change the laws so that their activities are no longer criminal.

then it is your moral responsibility to raise public support to get the law changed.

Why do you think that changing the law is a good thing?

If we had good laws, then changing them would be unnecessary.

Allowing the law to be changed only guarantees that the law will become corrupt, and that as a result, the people will suffer.

Until that is done, you must obey it.

Um, no.

God expects men to do rightly, not go along with wickedness.

You've got a vote. So you vote, then you go along with the choice of the people, surely.??

Voting on laws (and rulers) is a bad idea, because the majority is wicked.

What is it...... Government of, for and by the people?

One moment you post in support of your government, now you knock it?
That's no good.

:yawn:

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
Stop moaning to me about your President.
if you don't like his policies then don't vote for his party is my suggestion.
I'll "oan" about anything I please.

You quoted Paul to me?
Yes, yes I did!

Paul tells you to obey the laws of your land and to support your community.
Not if doing so is immoral and I haven't advocated the breaking of any law anyway.

You can't hide behind your Constitution one minute and then rubbish it the next.... that really is s schizo.... Really.
When have I ever even referred our constitution?

You need to pay attention.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Which laws do you plan to flout?

Any that violate God's moral commands, "Do not murder," "Do not steal," "Do not commit adultery," "Do not bear false witness," "Do not covet."

Which do you plan to go along with, in direct violation of God's laws?

eider

I'll "oan" about anything I please.

Yes, yes I did!

Not if doing so is immoral and I haven't advocated the breaking of any law anyway.

When have I ever even referred our constitution?

You need to pay attention.

Your Constitution is the foundation for your government's.
if you don't like your governments and laws, you would need to look for somewhere else to live.
There are countries the laws of which might suit you better?

eider

Any that violate God's moral commands, "Do not murder," "Do not steal," "Do not commit adultery," "Do not bear false witness," "Do not covet."

There are hundreds of God's laws......which do you ignore?

Right Divider

Body part
Your Constitution is the foundation for your government's.
if you don't like your governments and laws, you would need to look for somewhere else to live.
There are countries the laws of which might suit you better?

:juggle:

You're going to make an excellent global citizen in the one world government.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
There are hundreds of God's laws......which do you ignore?

Well, no, there's not "hundreds of God's laws."

There are two.

Love God.
Love one's neighbor.

I ignore laws which do not apply to me.

Those two do.

So will you violate those two by saying theft is fine, so long as it's instituted into law by the government?

eider

:juggle:

You're going to make an excellent global citizen in the one world government.

I'm happy to live where I do now.
A One World Government, for example, such as the Universal House of Justice (Bahai) is a government which cannot be removed once in place.
Beware to those who support fixed One-World Governments, I reckon.

eider

Well, no, there's not "hundreds of God's laws."

There are two.

Love God.
Love one's neighbor.

I ignore laws which do not apply to me.

Those two do.

So will you violate those two by saying theft is fine, so long as it's instituted into law by the government?

If you love your neighbour then you probably won't mind paying in for services to all your neighbours.
But you quote more laws than that, for sure........ you did in an earlier post.
Why do you quote laws and then leave them out?

Laws enacted by democratically elected governments do not steal. If the people don't like a law then they can vote for it to be repealed.
Your Constitution is quite a good one, don't you think?

eider

If it's a law then your moral responsibility is to follow it or face consequences. Or do you think following laws should be optional? If you disagree with a law, then it is your moral responsibility to raise public support to get the law changed. Until that is done, you must obey it.

Hear hear!

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
Another excellent non-sequitur!

How so? If Jesus were here today and you asked him the question his disciples asked him, don't you think he'd give you the same answer? "Render unto Uncle Sam..."

I'm sure the taxes going to Caesar were funding all sorts of ungodly things, being that the Roman Empire was full-on pagan. And yet Jesus told his followers, unequivocally, to pay their tribute to Rome.

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned

None that I know of, we already have laws on the books against the things you list so I don't see any conflict.

Right Divider

Body part
How so? If Jesus were here today and you asked him the question his disciples asked him, don't you think he'd give you the same answer? "Render unto Uncle Sam..."
Thou shalt not steal. Not even by majority vote.
"Render unto Caesar what is Caesar's..."
That is about as good an example of something that does not follow as can be.

I'm sure the taxes going to Caesar were funding all sorts of ungodly things, being that the Roman Empire was full-on pagan. And yet Jesus told his followers, unequivocally, to pay their tribute to Rome.
Jesus was not giving lessons in civil government. They were attempting to trap the Lord. He didn't fall for it.