Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

philosophizer

My avatar's just gonna be Darth Vader. He's pretty scary though.

I've been busy making real costumes. I'm taking a bunch of my wife's siblings trick-or-treating this weekend, and we've been helping them make their costumes. So far we've got a werewolf, Link from the Zelda games, one of the creatures from the movie "The Village," someone wearing the safe color from "The Village," and I'm gonna be a Nazgul from "Lord of the Rings." I'll have to post some pictures after Halloween.

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Originally posted by philosophizer

My avatar's just gonna be Darth Vader. He's pretty scary though.

I've been busy making real costumes. I'm taking a bunch of my wife's siblings trick-or-treating this weekend, and we've been helping them make their costumes. So far we've got a werewolf, Link from the Zelda games, one of the creatures from the movie "The Village," someone wearing the safe color from "The Village," and I'm gonna be a Nazgul from "Lord of the Rings." I'll have to post some pictures after Halloween.

Do you still work in the theatre? Maybe I've got that wrong. I thought I remember you being either an actor or make up artist (or both).

philosophizer

Originally posted by Poly

Do you still work in the theatre? Maybe I've got that wrong. I thought I remember you being either an actor or make up artist (or both).

Um... nope. Never worked in the theater. I used to call myself a film-maker and I did act and do make-up for that. But I never made any money off it. Not enough to call it a "profit" anyways. :D

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

Um... nope. Never worked in the theater. I used to call myself a film-maker and I did act and do make-up for that. But I never made any money off it. Not enough to call it a "profit" anyways. :D
:doh: Guess if I'd read your profile I would have known this, huh? :eek:

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame

It is a non-standard usage of the word "anyway," but still a word.
Ummm...:think:...no.:nono: It's not, "non-standard," it's improper.:p

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Originally posted by HorseGurl

ill enter my avatar
Very nice, horsegurl!

philosophizer

Originally posted by lighthouse

Ummm...:think:...no.:nono: It's not, "non-standard," it's improper.:p

According to which "proper" version of the English language? 1950's American? The Queen's English? Colonial English? Elizabethan English? Middle English? Old English? Anglo-Saxon? Indo-European?

Eh? :p