Conspiracy - Are Some Theories Accurate?

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Is the Earth flat too? Did we ever actually land on the moon?

Sandy Hook hoax theories debunked

Give this a read, @patrick jane

Lenny Pozner used to believe in conspiracy theories. Until his son’s death became one.

I will read it, and no I don't believe in a flat earth but I have credible doubts about putting men on the moon. I have a healthy skepticism and I don't trust msm. Too many unanswered questions and violations of established protocols.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
So where did this impulse for conspiracy arise? Well, it's always been with us, suspicion, a tinge of paranoia, sometimes fanned by the actual practices of groups and governments. Sometimes encouraged by them as a means of empowerment. More often the stuff of prejudice and manipulation. Still, as not all conspiracy is imaginative fiction it becomes problematic for many, especially those inclined to see shadows and lacking any real training in the use of analytical skill sets, to determine when the charges reflect reality and when they only play to bias.

Historically, conspiracy theories have been of real service to the crown, invested in creating enemies that invoke fear and suspicion of the other. From Hun to Jap to Muslim, that service has continued. Conspiracy theory was effectively used against the Jew by various European powers for generations, culminating in the butcher's work of Hitler and his ilk. In the U.S. it was a bulwark against culture shock born of a people who went from horseback to the moon within living memory of many. Seeing the moon landing as a hoax was a way of denying an ascendency of science within a culture where that science had been portrayed as an enemy of faith and tradition, in near conspiratorial tones. Not long after the moon landing, the Kennedy assassination became a way for many soured by a seeming never ending series of wars and conflicts draining the coffers of their nation while filling the coffers of the military industrial complex to focus their suspicion and unease.

It's the rage of political advance today. Numerous media outlets are called the purveyors of "fake news". RINOs are lurking in the shadows to be rooted out. Some leaders appear dedicated to supplanting every institution of meaning by casting shadows on everything that fails to proceed from their mouths. It's a dangerous time in the life of the Republic, where a great deal of noble experiment is undermined by whispers predicated on less than observable fact. It's a dangerous time to entertain the mostly foolish foundation of conspiracy as anything but the exceptional advance requiring substantive, empirical, and measurable support.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Sure, by all means search snopes and other honest mainstream sources. You will be told how crazy and insensitive you are and how "delusional" or "easily led" you are if you question the "official" story. Pot. Kettle.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Sure, by all means search snopes and other honest mainstream sources. You will be told how crazy and insensitive you are and how "delusional" or "easily led" you are if you question the "official" story. Pot. Kettle.
The application of fact and reason will always lead you to the more probable conclusion. Historically, very little of what passes through the ranks of conspiracy theorists meets this litmus, which is why so very few conspiracies are ultimately more than a confederation of like minded paranoia predicated on distortion and isolated facts.

There is nothing reasonable or good about being so open minded that everything seems as probable as anything.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
It's the rage of political advance today. Numerous media outlets are called the purveyors of "fake news". RINOs are lurking in the shadows to be rooted out. Some leaders appear dedicated to supplanting every institution of meaning by casting shadows on everything that fails to proceed from their mouths. It's a dangerous time in the life of the Republic, where a great deal of noble experiment is undermined by whispers predicated on less than observable fact. It's a dangerous time to entertain the mostly foolish foundation of conspiracy as anything but the exceptional advance requiring substantive, empirical, and measurable support.
Yep, it's the rage to chip away at our constitutional rights of speech, gun rights and morals. Thanks for taking interest in this thread as you're the biggest proponent of more gun laws here. You shouldn't be worried or concerned about delusional rantings of conspiracy theories. I know, you're here to help people who might "stumble" across such craziness and non-conformity. I encourage folks to seek the truth and draw their own conclusions.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
The application of fact and reason will always lead you to the more probable conclusion. Historically, very little of what passes through the ranks of conspiracy theorists meets this litmus, which is why so very few conspiracies are ultimately more than a confederation of like minded paranoia predicated on distortion and isolated facts.

There is nothing reasonable or good about being so open minded that everything seems as probable as anything.
Great, you've told us what reasonable people will certainly think IF they search the facts that DO have access to. Reasonable people know that the government and the media are honest and open, we all get the whole truth and the world is relatively safe except for these mass shooters and terrorists everywhere.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
I will read it, and no I don't believe in a flat earth but I have credible doubts about putting men on the moon.
You may have doubts, but they are not credible and your inability to recognize something that fundamental should give pause to anyone giving your willingness to embrace conspiracy theory of other stripes. Healthy skepticism is rooted in rationality, in the verifiable and in facts that can be tested. The willingness to doubt isn't that in itself. So much of human endeavor undoes any serious attempt to lend credibility to the monumental and ongoing effort a fake moon landing would entail as to surpass any actual conspiracy in application from the dawn of mankind.

Or you might want to read through this, "Why Faking the Moon Landing was Impossible," Popular Mechanics, Oct. 27, 2017: http://www.popularmechanics.com/space/moon-mars/news/a28814/moon-landing-faking/

I have a healthy skepticism and I don't trust msm.
Rather, you have an unhealthy want of skepticism when it comes to the people who sold you the notion of a unified mainstream media and the conspiracy that entails. An unhealthy skepticism evidenced by your failure at this late date in your life to be settled on something as unproblematic as the moon landing.

Too many unanswered questions and violations of established protocols.
Not if you're actually looking for answers, instead of reasons to believe something else.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Great, you've told us what reasonable people will certainly think IF they search the facts that DO have access to. Reasonable people know that the government and the media are honest and open, we all get the whole truth and the world is relatively safe except for these mass shooters and terrorists everywhere.
Your investment shows when you make summations that don't sum. I haven't suggested that the government is open or always honest. I haven't suggested that there's a unified thing called the media, because I know better and you should too. That media tag covers a large number of diverse outlets with their own agendas and filters, from Fox to the BBC. And the broader you cast your net the more you understand the unifying truths they tell, and where the devil is often found, from detail to selection in presentation. I'm for a healthy skepticism. That's not what you're advancing with your lump sum paranoia and dismissal.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
You may have doubts, but they are not credible and your inability to recognize something that fundamental should give pause to anyone giving your willingness to embrace conspiracy theory of other stripes. Healthy skepticism is rooted in rationality, in the verifiable and in facts that can be tested. The willingness to doubt isn't that in itself. So much of human endeavor undoes any serious attempt to lend credibility to the monumental and ongoing effort a fake moon landing would entail as to surpass any actual conspiracy in application from the dawn of mankind.

Or you might want to read through this, "Why Faking the Moon Landing was Impossible," Popular Mechanics, Oct. 27, 2017: http://www.popularmechanics.com/space/moon-mars/news/a28814/moon-landing-faking/

Rather, you have an unhealthy want of skepticism when it comes to the people who sold you the notion of a unified mainstream media and the conspiracy that entails. An unhealthy skepticism evidenced by your failure at this late date in your life to be settled on something as unproblematic as the moon landing.

Not if you're actually looking for answers, instead of reasons to believe something else.
Let me guess, you'll be a fixture in this thread now to spout your "group think", liberal and highly educated analysis of and the psychology of delusional conspiracy theory "type" people. Why do you care if unreported facts are reported? Focus on football and gun laws.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Can you link a source for this, such as an IMDB.com page?
Other people have listed sources and it's not my job to source images on the internet. Do you ask where jgarden gets his cartoons? I searched David Wheeler images and copied/pasted the image. The real footage also appears in videos, many removed now by youtube. Some actual footage videos still exist.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Yep, it's the rage to chip away at our constitutional rights of speech, gun rights and morals.
Rather, it's the rage to believe that this is what's happening. What's actually happening is the continued evolution of right in relation where we don't simply accept the authority of tradition as an argument and reject tradition that rests entirely on that premise as being somehow inviolate.

Morality has always been an individual concern and if you believe it can be legislated you have a peculiar view of history. Speech remains protected and subject to libel, slander and other laws, because no right is absolute. Heck, the president seems powerfully vexed by the freedom some have to speak to power in a way that doesn't suit him. The right to bear arms isn't under attack. It's Constitutionally protected. But its exercise is subject to the same consideration we give any right. It's telling that those who support the status quo shy from examining the root and necessity, the nature of that exercise in its foundation while resting entirely on that foundation often enough.

But none of that is conspiracy. There's no conspiracy to modify our approach to guns given the change in nearly every particular that constituted the foundation of the right. It's an open discussion, argument, and effort on the part of a growing number of citizens. It's public and heated and the very stuff that kills conspiracy in its cradle. That's how it was meant to be. Our government isn't a static thing and it wasn't written to defend itself against consideration, from slavery then to abortion now...or the nature of the weapons we should reasonably possess in the exercise of the right to bear arms.

Thanks for taking interest in this thread as you're the biggest proponent of more gun laws here.
I'm certainly one of them, though I wouldn't say we so much need more as different.

You shouldn't be worried or concerned about delusional rantings of conspiracy theories.
If the people demonstrated a more serious approach to truth and reason I wouldn't be. But the number of people willing to buy into nonsense predicated on rhetoric has me investing in an open, voiced skepticism and reminder.

I know, you're here to help people who might "stumble" across such craziness and non-conformity. I encourage folks to seek the truth and draw their own conclusions.
To which I'd add the litmus for reaching those conclusions is paramount.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Let me guess, you'll be a fixture in this thread now to spout your "group think", liberal and highly educated analysis of and the psychology of delusional conspiracy theory "type" people. Why do you care if unreported facts are reported? Focus on football and gun laws.
You're advocating a lot of dangerously underthought nonsense as reasonable, PJ. I'm not around much these days, but I do mean to remind people that they owe it to themselves to throw a wide net, gather facts, be particular and demanding in the testing of any claim, and to demand that extraordinary claims are supported by extraordinary, observable, testable, confirmable fact.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
I've gotten the attention of few "rational" reasonable logic based members. Liberals don't like free thinking or free speech.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
You're advocating a lot of dangerously underthought nonsense as reasonable, PJ. I'm not around much these days, but I do mean to remind people that they owe it to themselves to throw a wide net, gather facts, be particular and demanding in the testing of any claim, and to demand that extraordinary claims are supported by extraordinary, observable, testable, confirmable fact.
Watch the videos, or don't. That's what this thread is my fellow citizen. I suspect you'll spend a bit more time here. How is what I post dangerous, oh great legal mind?

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Watch the videos, or don't. That's what this thread is my fellow citizen. I suspect you'll spend a bit more time here. How is what I post dangerous, oh great legal mind?
You're doing a bit more than just posting videos. Initially I thought you were joking. I told you what the danger here was and remains. If you don't understand you don't mean to and that may be part of the problem.

I've gotten the attention of few "rational" reasonable logic based members. Liberals don't like free thinking or free speech.
Talking to yourself instead of answering particular rebuttal is probably how you just know you're right, eh PJ? :plain: And slathering liberal over it is a near conspiracy theory in itself.

WizardofOz

Other people have listed sources and it's not my job to source images on the internet. Do you ask where jgarden gets his cartoons? I searched David Wheeler images and copied/pasted the image. The real footage also appears in videos, many removed now by youtube. Some actual footage videos still exist.

You said "Wheeler and his wife are known actors with significant film credits even Hollywood productions no less.". I am simply asking where you are getting this information.

I looked at IMDB. I see nothing that indicates he has ever been given credit for ever appearing as anyone other than himself. :idunno:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
You said "Wheeler and his wife are known actors with significant film credits even Hollywood productions no less.". I am simply asking where you are getting this information.

I looked at IMDB. I see nothing that indicates he has ever been given credit for ever appearing as anyone other than himself. :idunno:
I've seen the actual footage of him acting on film in movies and/or TV shows. His wife was an actor on a children's show and I saw the footage. It is documented and fact that they were both actors and/or in performing arts. All the parents recently moved there. Did their names change? I have no idea.

The odds that Sandy Hook mothers averaged an age of 36 is therefore about109,418,989,131,512,370,000 to 1 (verify yourself by placing 9 in the calculator, then looking atthe power of 20).I had to look up how to say this number: 109 quintillion, 418 quadrillion, 989 trillion, 131billion, 512 million, 370 thousand.http://themillenniumreport.com/2017/08/new-angle-on-the-sandy-hook-shooting-hoax/

[h=3]Sandy Hook Was A Fraud! - Call To Decision - PDF[/h]

Watch this entire video and debunk it if you can:

[h=1]SANDY HOOK CREATING REALITY Sofia Smallstorm Presentation[/h]

https://youtu.be/3w0DYRA6BUg