Conficker Worm Virus set for April 1st Mac users get even more smug.

Flipper

Remember that time when Conficker ruined everything?

Me neither.

However, I am willing to admit that Macs are much better when it comes to user experience particularly when it comes to the OS/GUI, the system design and support. I think the only tech support call I ever actually enjoyed was to Apple.

The reason I have stuck to PCs is that they cost a lot less and are far more flexible when it comes to new technology and upgrade flexibility. One of the benefits of competition, I guess. As I need good performance at a low cost, I remain reluctantly in the thrall of Microsoft.

GuySmiley

I like PC's becasue people make software for them. I can go to a store and pick out which application I like, even read reviews on which one is best, and I can play games without buying a second OS.

What I like about Macs, and I wish Microsoft would learn is how everything seems really user friendly and logical. You don't seem to have to speak 'nerd' to do what you want. Luckily I have a working knowledge of nerd. Same applys to iPod's and iPhones. Of course never having owned a Mac, this is not a real deep assessment. Its just my impression.

Flipper

Well, you know you can dual boot OS X and Vista, right? So if you have a mighty need for your PC applications you can run them using Windows on your Mac hardware, if you must.

GuySmiley

Well, you know you can dual boot OS X and Vista, right? So if you have a mighty need for your PC applications you can run them using Windows on your Mac hardware, if you must.
Or just buy a PC and have the money handy to actually purchase those programs you want.

Flipper

Well, that's why I still have a PC.

The thought of buying Adobe Creative Suite all over again keeps me locked into the malicious orbit of Bill Gates.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I like PC's becasue people make software for them. I can go to a store and pick out which application I like, even read reviews on which one is best, and I can play games without buying a second OS.
Uh.... I'm pretty sure they make applications for Mac's as well. :chuckle:

Isn't it funny how times change?

A few years ago people mocked Macs because all you could was "play games on them" and if you wanted to really get some work done you needed to buy a Windows machine. Nowadays the biggest "draw" to Windows is their game playability. :rotfl:

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
When was this again?
When Mac's were young the biggest gripe against them was that they weren't made for business and all you could really do for them was play games.

Now one of the main reasons people stick with PC's is for their gaming.

Flipper

When Mac's were young the biggest gripe against them was that they weren't made for business and all you could really do for them was play games.

Ah, you don't mean "a few years ago" you mean "back in the day".

I'm thinking System 7?

TomO

Get used to it.
Hall of Fame

It's a shame that Mac can't seem to make a Computer which can do both. :think:

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Mac's do. The Mac is the only computer that truly does it all. That's the point.... it's the Windows users who grasp at straws doing whatever they can to marginalize a better machine.

I am forced to use both platforms so it isn't any secret to me which is truly the better computer.

But hey.... I would prefer if the Mac stayed the younger, smaller brother, after all.... if everyone had a Mac I wouldn't be able to feel "cooler" than you. ;)

PyramidHead

Gates Says Linux Best OS Ever
By Brian Briggs
At a hastily convened press conference Bill Gates announced that he personally thinks that "Linux is the best OS ever."

He added, "Mundie and Ballmer are idiots. Their talk about how open source software damages intellectual property or how Linux is a cancer, is moronic. When I heard these attacks I felt sick to my stomach. How could a company that I poured my blood, sweat and tears into spread these untruths? My conscience guides me, that's why I'm before you today."

Gates then went on for fifteen minutes explaining why Linux was superior to all other computer operating systems - "especially Windows."

During the question and answer period that followed many reporters openly questioned Gates sanity and sobriety. "Have you gone mad?", "Are you drunk?", "What about Windows XP," they asked. Though it was requested several times Gates refused both a psychiatric examination and a breathalyzer test.

Scores of Linux web sites were quick to declare victory with headlines like, "Torvalds Defeats Gates!" Others were more hesitant, and suspected a Microsoft conspiracy. Open source advocate Bruce Torman said, "Microsoft is at it again! Bashing...er...praising Linux. This argument that Linux is the best OS ever is just another red herring by the Microsoft PR machine. Aw screw it, I don't know what the hell to make of it."

In addition to praising Linux as the best operating system ever, Gates also had some critical comments of Microsoft's flagship OS. "I never really liked Windows all that much," said Gates, "All that crashing and rebooting drove me nuts. I stopped using it about 3 years ago, but it was a pretty good money maker for the company so we stuck with it."

Gates added, "Keep in mind that the opinions offered are my own personal opinions, and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Microsoft."

A Microsoft marketing representative was heard muttering, "You got that right."

Flipper

Well the new ones are pretty good gaming boxes if you run Windows.

The only problem with Apple hardware is that the graphics options tend not to be cutting edge and, with a six month product cycle on graphics cards, they start to sag in terms of performance pretty quickly.

Also, I don't think Apple offers SLI, so you can't double up the graphics cards. Not that SLI is all that anyway unless you're a frame-rate monkey.

If you're all about the games, you'd probably do better with a console anyway unless you're all about the RTS, MMORPGs, or flight sims.

Flipper

Mac's do. The Mac is the only computer that truly does it all. That's the point.... it's the Windows users who grasp at straws doing whatever they can to marginalize a better machine.

I am forced to use both platforms so it isn't any secret to me which is truly the better computer.

But hey.... I would prefer if the Mac stayed the younger, smaller brother, after all.... if everyone had a Mac I wouldn't be able to feel "cooler" than you. ;)

Well, there is a certain nerd cachet in building/upgrading your own machine and saving alarming amounts of money.

On the other hand, Apple design is fantastically elegant. Honestly, I'd recommend Apple over PCs right now for almost everyone except gamers, certain engineering and financial markets, and when cost is a gating factor.

Although I might possibly reconsider if Windows 7 actually matches its hype.

TomO

Get used to it.
Hall of Fame

:chuckle: Touche´

TomO

Get used to it.
Hall of Fame
Well the new ones are pretty good gaming boxes if you run Windows.

The only problem with Apple hardware is that the graphics options tend not to be cutting edge and, with a six month product cycle on graphics cards, they start to sag in terms of performance pretty quickly.

Also, I don't think Apple offers SLI, so you can't double up the graphics cards. Not that SLI is all that anyway unless you're a frame-rate monkey.

If you're all about the games, you'd probably do better with a console anyway unless you're all about the RTS, MMORPGs, or flight sims.

Confirmed EcksBawks 360 Man myself. :)

FPS if you please.