ECT Complete Works of Oswald Chambers

Word based mystic

\

What makes you think you are qualified to be a judge of either me or what I teach?

Faith with works, (done by God) or faith without works, (done by God) is the only litmus test that proves God's approval and blessing on a ministry

You have stated you are Pentecostal who claim to believe in signs and wonders, (beyond speaking in tongues that do NOT prove anything other than the person not knowing what to pray for in their native tongue) so why do you not have some accounts of signs and wonders following your ministry of that of what ever church you attend?

Romans 8:26 Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered.

Yup you just exposed yourself.
putting yourself forth as an apostle and your new revelations as either unquestionable or subject only to elders or apostles that agree with your interpretation or revelation.

As to whether someone can judge. I will take that role.
as an elder and a person that has seen and been a party to every type of miracle/healing/signs and wonders over weather and earth. I do not put myself forth as an apostle but could easily fit in your definition of qualifications by signs and wonders and listed gifts expressions.

I will view your works. but realize this I and other believers should never be impressed or swayed by a persons faith works.
I teach the younger men to mostly be impressed with a mans character and his fruits of the Spirit as well as his long term trustworthiness within the body. Is your children in line with the lord have you only been married to one wife do you know the people you presume to have authority over?

Last edited:

Cross Reference

\

What makes you think you are qualified to be a judge of either me or what I teach?

"The spiritual man tries all things [he examines, investigates, inquires into, questions, and discerns all things], yet is himself to be put on trial and judged by no one [he can read the meaning of everything, but no one can properly discern or appraise or get an insight into him]." 1 Corinthians 2:15 (AMP)

I have read you like a book.

Word based mystic

sigh self promoting new revelation apostles that claim their position through the expression of signs and wonders in the past.
that seek to promote their authority over others outside of relational experience with those they seek to be pre-eminent over

you come on this site and promote your special brand of revelation and then are surprised that people question you.??

what did you expect?
through trustworthiness and long term relationships is how you develop spiritual authority with people. Not a title or faith expressed miracles.

anyone who believes can walk in withcraft and false signs.

It is through plurality of elders and long term relationships that we prove our potential as a leader or elder.
sigh...basics

Last edited:

Livelystone

i will read all your replies as well as go to your directed.
However i have come to see that most people that relate newer or more deeper cutting edge revelations usually are pushing a soul based initial understanding that leads to Being born again.

so I apologize for the assumption and will look closer to your premises. thanks for the correction. Sometimes I allow the last (special/new revelation) person trying to promote their new cutting edge revelation affect my assessment of the next person who talks about such new writings and the like.

Have been through and or dealt with the kingdom now, rainbow revelation, the way fellowship organizations and doctrines and am a bit careful with NEW, cutting edge revelations.

My apologies.
hope to look at your studies within a day or so.

although I do believe as the grasshopper that i am, i could snatch the pebble from your hand...:eek:

I hope you can snatch a pebble from my hand, and thank you for the kind words

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Livelystone believes he is alive when dead.

The Spirit which lived in him, is the one who looked at him when he was dead, and it told him it was himself looking at him.
(so much for discernment of spirits)

Livelystone has been living with that same spirit ever since which imparts to him a very high intelligence but with deceptions and no fruit.

It is the same spirit which spoke to Edgar Cayce.

People think ghosts are dead people but they are not. They are spirits which lived in/with people now dead.

Millions today are deceived by the same spirit which is the very spirit which took on the form of Samuel for it fought against Samuel all of the prophets life. It is called a familiar spirit or in my words the spirit which lived in Samuels family.

Grosnick Marowbe is motivated by it, as is John W. They think it is God, but look at the fruit., (bad fruit)

LA

Cross Reference

The Spirit which lived in him, is the one who looked at him when he was dead, and it told him it was himself looking at him.

Livelystone has been living with that same spirit ever since which imparts to him a very high intelligence but with deceptions and no fruit.

It is the same spirit which spoke to Edgar Cayce.

People think ghosts are dead people but they are not. They are spirits which lived in/with people now dead.

Millions today are deceived by the same spirit which is the very spirit which took on the form of Samuel for it fought against Samuel all of the prophets life. It is called a familiar spirit or in my words the spirit which lived in Samuels family.

Grosnick Marowbe is motivated by it, as is John W. They think it is God, but look at the fruit., (bad fruit)

LA

But then the Lord cautioned us in this regard in Matt.24 and I believe anyone whose motivations are pure before Him will be open to adjustment, if needed, in their thinking because they will recognize his Spirit in the discussion provided they know His word not to their intellect but, to their heart.

Word based mystic

But then the Lord cautioned us in this regard in Matt.24 and I believe anyone whose motivations are pure before Him will be open to adjustment, if needed, in their thinking because they will recognize his Spirit in the discussion provided they know His word not to their intellect but, to their heart.

well i am new to the site and want to see what is common themes in discussions on theology sites.

I too easily allow self promoters get me riled.

bad history with controllers in past churches.

your reply humbled and corrected me.

Thanks C.R.

Livelystone

Here you are being a hypocrite amongst other hypocrites

In other threads you have berated LA for not believing saints are resurrected alive to be with the Lord at the time of their death as I do (as well as the vast majority of other Christians).

Originally Posted by Lazy afternoon

Yet here you sell yourself cheap to try to make your self appear as if others are supporting you when in the past you never supported them concerning the exact same subject.......... this proves you are a hypocrite

Your cheap antics is why the church is called to be a harlot selling herself to the lowest bidder who does not know any better just to
have someone to become one with them and say amen to their foolish doctrines .

BTW LA is a lair continually saying I said such and such (such as "my church" and what he just said) but never quoting me because I never said it....... it takes someone as foolish as you to fall for his cheap tricks. I know better and have LA on ignore

Jude 1:12 These are spots in your feasts of charity, when they feast with you, feeding themselves without fear: clouds they are without water, carried about of winds; trees whose fruit withereth, without fruit, twice dead, plucked up by the roots;

13 Raging waves of the sea, foaming out their own shame; wandering stars, to whom is reserved the blackness of darkness for ever.

Last edited:

Livelystone

My advice to all: ignore the posts of Livelystone, & refuse to read his free book.

and who made you a judge of others?

Romans 14:4 Who art thou that judgest another man's servant? to his own master he standeth or falleth. Yea, he shall be holden up: for God is able to make him stand.

If you have read it you are welcome to try and challange it, if you think you can.

LOL, and why and the world did I ever accept your friend offer

This will be handled easily and quickly

Cross Reference

Wisdom for today by Oswald Chambers

Our Misgivings About Jesus

Feburary 25

"The woman said to Him, "Sir, You have nothing to draw [water] with, and the well is deep." —John 4:11

"Have you ever said to yourself, “I am impressed with the wonderful truths of God’s Word, but He can’t really expect me to live up to that and work all those details into my life!” When it comes to confronting Jesus Christ on the basis of His qualities and abilities, our attitudes reflect religious superiority. We think His ideals are lofty and they impress us, but we believe He is not in touch with reality— that what He says cannot actually be done. Each of us thinks this about Jesus in one area of our life or another. These doubts or misgivings about Jesus begin as we consider questions that divert our focus away from God. While we talk of our dealings with Him, others ask us, “Where are you going to get enough money to live? How will you live and who will take care of you?” Or our misgivings begin within ourselves when we tell Jesus that our circumstances are just a little too difficult for Him. We say, “It’s easy to say, ‘Trust in the Lord,’ but a person has to live; and besides, Jesus has nothing with which to draw water— no means to be able to give us these things.” And beware of exhibiting religious deceit by saying, “Oh, I have no misgivings about Jesus, only misgivings about myself.” If we are honest, we will admit that we never have misgivings or doubts about ourselves, because we know exactly what we are capable or incapable of doing. But we do have misgivings about Jesus. And our pride is hurt even at the thought that He can do what we can’t.

My misgivings arise from the fact that I search within to find how He will do what He says. My doubts spring from the depths of my own inferiority. If I detect these misgivings in myself, I should bring them into the light and confess them openly— “Lord, I have had misgivings about You. I have not believed in Your abilities, but only my own. And I have not believed in Your almighty power apart from my finite understanding of it.”

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Here you are being a hypocrite amongst other hypocrites

In other threads you have berated LA for not believing saints are resurrected alive to be with the Lord at the time of their death as I do (as well as the vast majority of other Christians).

The vast majority are usually wrong, and is no evidence of truth.

The scriptures say the dead will be raised to immortal life at the coming of Christ from Heaven when wherever He is they shall ever be (John ch 14:3)

and at His appearing we shall be like Him 1John ch 3:2

You have it as do the spiritualists who say we are a spirit which has a soul and lives in a body.

That is untrue.

Dividing a man into sections, and claiming one part is conscious (the spirit) when consciousness relates to the Soul which is not alive without the Body, is just plain wrong.

The word Soul itself means life, so to be dead is the absence of life (soul)

When men sleep in their beds they are less unconscious than when they are dead, and time is irrelevant to them.

It is the ghosts (spirits) who dwell with some of mankind which departs from the dead, not the person who had died.

BTW LA is a lair continually saying I said such and such (such as "my church" and what he just said) but never quoting me because I never said it....... it takes someone as foolish as you to fall for his cheap tricks. I know better and have LA on ignore

Well make sure you do not read this, will you?

You have no scriptural support for your anti-Christ nonsense taught to you by the fallen spirits of the dead.

Yet here you sell yourself cheap to try to make your self appear as if others are supporting you when in the past you never supported them concerning the exact same subject.......... this proves you are a hypocrite

Your cheap antics is why the church is called to be a harlot selling herself to the lowest bidder who does not know any better just to
have someone to become one with them and say amen to their foolish doctrines .

You go on like that when someone disagrees with you.

A sure sign of being wrong, and outside of Gods will.

LA

Cross Reference

“And Jehovah God formed man of the dust of the ground” (Gen. 2.7). This refers to the human body. “And breathed into his nostrils the breath of life.” This describes how God gave spirit to man; it was Adam’s spirit. So man’s body was formed of the dust of the ground, and man’s spirit was given to him by God. “And man became a living soul.” After the breath of life had entered into his nostrils man became a living soul. The spirit, the soul, and the body are three separate entities. “May your spirit and soul and body be preserved entire” (1 Thess. 5.23). The spirit is God-given; the soul is a living soul; and the body is God-formed." [/B][/QUOTE]

"and the dust returns to the earth as it was, and the spirit returns to God who gave it." Ecclesiastes 12:7 (ESV)

"According to common understanding the soul is our personality. When the spirit and the body were joined, man became a living soul. The characteristic of the angels is spirit and that of the lower animals such as beasts is flesh. We humans have both spirit and body; but our characteristic is neither spirit nor body but soul. We have a living soul. Hence the Bible calls man soul. For example, when Jacob went down into Egypt with his family, the Scriptures tell us that “all the souls of the house of Jacob, that came into Egypt, were threescore and ten” (Gen. 46.27). Again, those who had received Peter’s word on Pentecost were baptised and “there were added unto them in that day about three thousand souls” (Acts 2.41). Hence soul stands for our personality, for what makes us as man." . . . . . Watchman Nee from his booklet, "The Latent Power of the Soul".

[ESV Vs Mine]

Last edited:

Livelystone

“And Jehovah God formed man of the dust of the ground” (Gen. 2.7). This refers to the human body. “And breathed into his nostrils the breath of life.” This describes how God gave spirit to man; it was Adam’s spirit. So man’s body was formed of the dust of the ground, and man’s spirit was given to him by God. “And man became a living soul.” After the breath of life had entered into his nostrils man became a living soul. The spirit, the soul, and the body are three separate entities. “May your spirit and soul and body be preserved entire” (1 Thess. 5.23). The spirit is God-given; the soul is a living soul; and the body is God-formed." [/B]

[
By the same line of thought seeing where God breathed His Spirit into Adam making Adam a living soul (versus the souls of sinful man today who are dead to God) provided Adam with a source of life that was from God, Holy and without sin.......... Amen?

So why take the position Adam was not created perfect before being made subject to vanity?

Cross Reference

While keeping in mind Watchman Nee's definition of the trilogy of man we might understand better this from Chambers:

“Study to show thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed” (2 Timothy 2:15), makes a big demand upon a worker for God, and these God-given messages, spoken to the students at the Bible Training College, London, by the Principal, the late Oswald Chambers, help us to meet that Divine requirement. One clear note in them is “that the servant of God has to go through the experience of things before he is allowed to go through a study of them.” So the worker is required to enter voluntarily into that discipline of his life that will bring him into line with God’s way for him. Here there is as much insistence upon spiritual fitness as right mentality, and upon intellectual discipline as upon spiritual well-being. The worker for God is a unity, spirit, soul and body, and needs to be brought by God’s grace and by personal choice and concentration into a harmoniously working whole. Mere intellectualism can be a great snare and mere pietism is not enough. The man of God to be thoroughly furnished unto every good work must accept the spiritual discipline of reproof and correction and training in righteousness that the Scriptures convey, and also the mental discipline which a right understanding of the Scripture demands." . . . Oswald Chambers from his book "Approved unto God"

Cross Reference

[
By the same line of thought seeing where God breathed His Spirit into Adam making Adam a living soul (versus the souls of sinful man today who are dead to God) provided Adam with a source of life that was from God, Holy and without sin.......... Amen?

Give evidence where that is true; where that thinking is valid?

So why take the position Adam was not created perfect before being made subject to vanity?

Because God said so. He had to be made vulnerable for "choice making". The choice between God and himself.

Livelystone

Give evidence where that is true; where that thinking is valid?

Is not Jesus the same as His Father?........ Amen? I think so!

So what came from the breath of Jesus?

John 20:22 And when he had said this, he breathed on them, and saith unto them, Receive ye the Holy Ghost:

One cannot deny the father without denying the Son who is the author of our salvation (or vice versa)

Because God said so. He had to be made vulnerable for "choice making". The choice between God and himself.

God never said any such thing. !!!

Adam was not made vulnerable until Eve was formed from his flesh giving the flesh of Adam a mind of its own that sought to please the flesh aka itself. On the other hand the mind of Adam in the beginning that was alive to God, wanted to please the Father the same as the mind of Jesus did Who could not sin because Jesus has the mind of God................ Amen? I think so!

If you think otherwise please use scripture to support your position in the same manner I have.

Last edited:

Cross Reference

;4239240 said:
God never said any such thing. !!!

"And God saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good. . . . . "Genesis 1:31 (KJV) Not prefect! Just very good!

"Adam was not made vulnerable until Eve was formed from his flesh giving the flesh of Adam a mind of its own that sought to please the flesh. On the other hand the mind of Adam in the beginning that was alive to God, and wanted to please the Father the same as the mind of Jesus did Who could not sin because Jesus has the mind of God................"Amen? I think so!

I don't and you can't find anything that says Eve was the cause of Adam's transgression. She was the problem God gave Adam that would reveal his allegiance. Ergo, Adam was made vulnerable to prove him. The very same way Jesus was made vulnerable to be proven.

If you think otherwise please use scripture to support your position in the same manner I have.

I know the scriptures! Now, you use scripture to disprove me!!!