ECT Complete Works of Oswald Chambers

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Why would anyone choose to believe that was the case? Why would God give him such a nature, #1? What would be the point of it given all else God had given him along with the superhuman abilities he possessed? So why death to him would the Tree of Life represent? I don't get your reasoning at all.

It is because mans will has to be engaged in order for him to become in the image of God.

Man can only do so by coming from a fallen position.

If it was not so, then Christ's cross would not have been the plan all along.

In other words Adams actions were as certain as the need for Christs cross.

The gospel means death to mans independence from God, and it seems to him the death of his life, but it is the saving of it.

Mat 10:39 He that findeth his life shall lose it: and he that loseth his life for my sake shall find it.

The one thing I do get is that you can only suggest because, you never gave it much thought __ and it is the main thing that, had Adam eaten of it worthily, would have fulfilled God's intention for having created mankind. If you don't believe that then you also haven't given much thought as to why it was necessary to boot Adam and Eve out of the garden after he transgressed. What this says to me is that your ideas about all else spiritual is centered on man's salvation from hell, irrespective of your Pentecostal understanding which is given for so much more.

You would be surprised.

I don't get it. Are you "oneness" Pentecostal? That would explain it for me.

No. Why can you not just discuss the subject?

Sorry, but I do not know that "principle". If he understood it that is what matters. Are you sure they were God given dreams? What was the outcome of it all? Is he still the town drunk?

No. He is now dead.

He did have trouble with the drink after his conversion, and as I moved out of the area I lost contact, but his brother approached me one day as if by chance and shared the latter days if his life with me.

I can be sure God spoke to Kevin in dreams but others can decide for themselves.

The other dream was about Kevin riding on a horse with great wings of colors mainly white, in the sky. Kevin was a horseman but he had no horses himself and he really loved them.

Anyway, as the flight continued Kevin became afraid that he might fall off, and a voice came from under the horse which said--

Do not worry Kevin, if you fall off I will catch you. (when he told us that it was Jesus speaking to him, his face really lit up too)

This and other experiences with people including myself, reassures me that the Lord understands, and He would not have saved us if he thought He could not keep us.

Some sins are so deeply ingrained in people over many years, and given that some do not have much time left when they come to Christ, then it is understandable that try as many might, they can not fully escape their past habits entirely.

The important thing is, that we ought not condemn them when they are usually condemning themselves anyway.

It has always been the way of the Lord in me, to encourage such in the faith and it is amazing how they just walk away from sinning by it, and forget their struggle with it.

You see, young saints have come to me because others have condemned them, and if I had done the same then they would have avoided coming to me, and they would not have come to me if they did not want to escape their sinning.

Those days are past for me now though.

LA

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Adam wasn't fallen when it was made available to him!!!

True, but as I have been explaining Adam was a natural man, so as the gospel does not appeal to the natural man today, so the tree of life was not appealing to eat of either, even before he sinned.

Look at how the devil enticed Eve in order to get at Adam.

Eve is Adams flesh, as any wife is of any husband today.

Few men can deny their flesh in a righteous way.

LA

Cross Reference

True, but as I have been explaining Adam was a natural man, so as the gospel does not appeal to the natural man today, so the tree of life was not appealing to eat of either, even before he sinned.

Who told you that?? Why not believe that, in his mind, Adam had no need to eat of the Tree of Life. He had everything and couldn't die unless he disobeyed __ and he had not planned on doing so.

Look at how the devil enticed Eve in order to get at Adam.

Eve is Adams flesh, as any wife is of any husband today.

Few men can deny their flesh in a righteous way.

LA

Fewer men can deny their flesh in an unrighteous way.

It has nothing to do with it.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Who told you that?? Why not believe that, in his mind, Adam had no need to eat of the Tree of Life. He had everything and couldn't die unless he disobeyed __ and he had not planned on doing so.

Just as I had said, the tree of eternal life was not attractive to the natural as it is not now either.

Men try to make it glorious to natural man but those who try to eat of it that way mainly fall away, when they find there is nothing for self in it of natural gain of this world.

1Jn 2:15 Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him.
1Jn 2:16 For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world.
1Jn 2:17 And the world passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth for ever.

Fewer men can deny their flesh in an unrighteous way.

It has nothing to do with it.

Mat 10:34 Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.
Mat 10:35 For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law.
Mat 10:36 And a man's foes shall be they of his own household.
Mat 10:37 He that loveth father or mother more than me is not worthy of me: and he that loveth son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me.
Mat 10:38 And he that taketh not his cross, and followeth after me, is not worthy of me.
Mat 10:39 He that findeth his life shall lose it: and he that loseth his life for my sake shall find it.
Mat 10:40 He that receiveth you receiveth me, and he that receiveth me receiveth him that sent me.

LA

Cross Reference

Just as I had said, the tree of eternal life was not attractive to the natural as it is not now either.
LA

This is eternal Life as purposed for Adam:

John 17:3 Now rethink what the Tree of Life represents because Adam already had eternal life BUT in promise form. What is meant by "promise form" and does partaking of the Tree of Life figure in based solely upon what is written?

side note: cf Rev 2:7 re overcoming. Overcoming what? __ as it relates to Adam's failure?

Cross Reference

"Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, . . . . . and may enter in through the gates into the city." Revelation 22:14 (KJV)

Adam never kept the initial command of God.

. . .and the new covenant never altered the absoluteness of this.

Cross Reference

it is clear to me
that
for some reason you think chambers has authority
but
the pope does not

I do. But then I believe any serious Christian has more authority than the Pope. Who is the Poep but the head over a religious social order, over a mother who has usurped the Father's authority?
. . . something you will never understand until the day of the Lord.

Cross Reference

Is He Really My Lord?

…so that I may finish my race with joy, and the ministry which I received from the Lord Jesus… —Acts 20:24

"Joy comes from seeing the complete fulfillment of the specific purpose for which I was created and born again, not from successfully doing something of my own choosing. The joy our Lord experienced came from doing what the Father sent Him to do. And He says to us, “As the Father has sent Me, I also send you” (John 20:21). Have you received a ministry from the Lord? If so, you must be faithful to it— to consider your life valuable only for the purpose of fulfilling that ministry. Knowing that you have done what Jesus sent you to do, think how satisfying it will be to hear Him say to you, “Well done, good and faithful servant” (Matthew 25:21). We each have to find a niche in life, and spiritually we find it when we receive a ministry from the Lord. To do this we must have close fellowship with Jesus and must know Him as more than our personal Savior. And we must be willing to experience the full impact of Acts 9:16 — “I will show him how many things he must suffer for My name’s sake.”

“Do you love Me?” Then, “Feed My sheep” (John 21:17). He is not offering us a choice of how we can serve Him; He is asking for absolute loyalty to His commission, a faithfulness to what we discern when we are in the closest possible fellowship with God. If you have received a ministry from the Lord Jesus, you will know that the need is not the same as the call— the need is the opportunity to exercise the call. The call is to be faithful to the ministry you received when you were in true fellowship with Him. This does not imply that there is a whole series of differing ministries marked out for you. It does mean that you must be sensitive to what God has called you to do, and this may sometimes require ignoring demands for service in other areas." . . . . Chambers "My Utmost for His Highest" 03-05

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
I do. But then I believe any serious Christian has more authority than the Pope. Who is the Poep but the head over a religious social order, over a mother who has usurped the Father's authority?
. . . something you will never understand until the day of the Lord.

why do you believe that?

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
I consider Oswald Chambers to be serious Christian. Do you read what Oswald Chambers has written/has said? Do you read what the Pope writes/says?

You be the judge.

since you know both

give one example of what chambers has written that the pope would not agree with

Cross Reference

since you know both

give one example of what chambers has written that the pope would not agree with

No. Read. Do the work yourself as I have__ and as other serious Christians have. Make the comparison. I submitted a link that you can access for Chambers and you should already have a lot of words of what the Pope has said.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
No. Read. Do the work yourself as I have__ and as other serious Christians have. Make the comparison. I submitted a link that you can access for Chambers and you should already have a lot of words of what the Pope has said.

so you can't think of anything chambers wrote that the pope would disagree with?