College Football 2016

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Well, a rookie mistake on the onside and it's a ball game.

I was watching the Pitt vs Oklahoma St game, and they said this is the first time in college football history that the top 3 ranked teams all played ranked teams on the road.

Alabama won, Fla. St lost, and we will see what Ohio St does later.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
I was watching the Pitt vs Oklahoma St game, and they said this is the first time in college football history that the top 3 ranked teams all played ranked teams on the road.

Alabama won, Fla. St lost, and we will see what Ohio St does later.
Ole Miss played their way into a lead, then Alabama woke up and took care of business. It took a "give'em a slow, garbage time td", a muffed onside kick and an immediate (and literal) end zone collapse to put Ole Miss back in it...oh, and a fumble that the announcers missed that an able O lineman covered late.

Shouldn't have been nearly as close. If you can make that many mistakes against a good team and win you're in good shape, because that's not going to be the rule for Bama. Ohio State should be able to handle Oklahoma.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Not a good day for the Big 10

North Dakota St beat #13 Iowa.

#9 Wisconsin barely beat Georgia St at home.

Illinois lost to Western Michigan.

Penn State barely beat Temple.

Michigan trailed Colorado 21-7 at one point.

However, Nebraska beat Oregon.

The Big 10 better hope that Ohio St. beats Oklahoma and that Michigan St. beats Notre Dame.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Ole Miss played their way into a lead, then Alabama woke up and took care of business. It took a "give'em a slow, garbage time td", a muffed onside kick and an immediate (and literal) end zone collapse to put Ole Miss back in it...oh, and a fumble that the announcers missed that an able O lineman covered late.

Shouldn't have been nearly as close. If you can make that many mistakes against a good team and win you're in good shape, because that's not going to be the rule for Bama. Ohio State should be able to handle Oklahoma.

Also during the Pitt/Oklahoma St. game, the announcers said that if Ole Miss were to beat Alabama today, it would be the only school to ever beat Nick Saban three years in a row.

Is that true?

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The Pitt/Oklahoma State game started at 3:30 EST today (5 hours ago)

It's still early in the 4th quarter, and the game is tied 38-38.

The game has been delayed because of lightening for over an hour and a half.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Also during the Pitt/Oklahoma St. game, the announcers said that if Ole Miss were to beat Alabama today, it would be the only school to ever beat Nick Saban three years in a row.

Is that true?
No, but you have to go back a ways to find the last time it happened (Michigan State vs Purdue).

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Umm......Louisville is in the ACC.

Not to mention that Clemson is currently #5.

I know. First game of the season. I can't believe what is going on in South Bend. That shows the Big 12 is also out of it. OU is the best they have. Maybe Texas can knock them off. I guess we will find out.

Clemson looks down from last year. Like I said, I have to watch the replay.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Leave it to Tet to rewrite history. Michigan rolled. Ohio State is embarrassing OU in Norman. Illinois isn't ready. Michigan State throttled ND, then took their foot off the gas.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Leave it to Tet to rewrite history. Michigan rolled. Ohio State is embarrassing OU in Norman. Illinois isn't ready. Michigan State throttled ND, then took their foot off the gas.

My post was written before Ohio St. and Michigan St. won.

Before those two games, it wasn't a good day for the Big 10, had either Ohio St. or Michigan St. lost, or both lost, it would have been a really bad day for the Big 10.

Iowa was embarrassed, Wisconsin barely beat Georgia St. at home,Illinois lost to Western Michigan, it took overtime for Maryland to beat UCF, and Penn St. barely beat Temple.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
My post was written before Ohio St. and Michigan St. won.

Before those two games, it wasn't a good day for the Big 10, had either Ohio St. or Michigan St. lost, or both lost, it would have been a really bad day for the Big 10.

Iowa was embarrassed, Wisconsin barely beat Georgia St. at home,Illinois lost to Western Michigan, it took overtime for Maryland to beat UCF, and Penn St. barely beat Temple.
Your preterism gets in the way of your College Football analysis

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The Big 10 had 4 non conference games this year that were good. High ranked road games and unranked against ranked. They won every one of them. Oregon is no longer elite. Nebraska has not been elite in...2 decades now. By the way, Oregon went for the 2 point conversion and failed 4 times and lost by 3.

Wisconsin beating top 5 LSU. Of course, I said LSU is not top 5, and neither is Wisconsin. LSU is just that bad. Wisconsin might be 5th best in the Big Ten.

Paul Finebaum said it best. I'm impressed with Ohio State. Nobody just goes into Norman and knocks them upside the head like that.

I thought ND was going to beat Michigan State. Especially after the opening drive. They just rolled right down and scored. Then they got rolled over.

And they won all 4 of these games.

Keeping the Big 10 theme, the Big Ten East is the best division in football. Just like last year. And there is a sizable gap between the East and West. I wonder what will happen when Penn State brings in a real coach. I wonder what will happen when Nebraska "wakes up". Then again, maybe this is as good as they can be now, thanks to ESPN televising all games. What other reason would a recruit from Jersey or Dallas go to Lincoln?

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
What I do know is that this year will be the 127th straight year that the Missouri Tigers have not won a National Championship.

Oklahoma State might win the Big 12. And they lost to a MAC school. Yes, the play should not have happened. They should not have been in that position at all. And for the record, I think Pitt has a legitimate shot in the ACC. North Carolina will be the dog to beat in your division. But we knew that at the start of the season.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I think Pitt has a legitimate shot in the ACC. North Carolina will be the dog to beat in your division.

Well.....Pitt plays at North Carolina this Saturday.

I would think Miami is the favorite to win the ACC Costal, but the winner of Pitt/NC might have a chance.

Don't know if you heard, but the ACC hired a consulting firm in case Florida St., Louisville, and Clemson finish in a three-way tie in the ACC Atlantic Conference. HERE

I guess the ACC doesn't really care if Pitt, NC, and Miami finish in a three-way tie. hahahaha

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
After Les Miles and Gus Malzhan are fired, whom do they hire? Try to get Bobby Petrino back to the SEC?

The last time Tennessee beat Florida, facebook and iphones didn't exist.

Last edited:

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I didn't see that coming today.

Wisconsin?

Tennessee?

North Carolina converting three 4th downs on their final drive, and scoring with 2 seconds left after trailing by 13 points with six minutes left in the game?

Michigan only winning by 39?

Ole Miss?

Duke?

Last edited:

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Yep. I had MSU above Wisconsin by a good amount. Wrong.

Couches paid the price for Tennessee finally beating Florida.

Note Dame? Duke hasn't been terrible in several seasons, but they don't have NDs NFL talent.

CU Buffalos. Makes Michigan look even better.

And if Penn State loses every game by 39, fine by me. Their fans are even worse, demanding the honoring of Paterno. And it seems he was covering for Sandusky since the 1970s. If that school had any integrity, they would vacate all their wins and give back the trophies from his 40 years there.

Ohio State and USC gave back trophies and took down banners over tattoos and an apartment close to the Colesium. And Penn State has people building shrines to him.