ECT Co-operate with Jesus and the Spirit’s “ministry of righteousness”

ZacharyB

All Scripture passages are from the NKJV …

• “… whoever fears Him and works righteousness is accepted by Him” (Acts 10:35)

• “… you are that one’s slaves whom you obey, whether (slaves) of sin leading to death,
or (slaves) of obedience leading to righteousness” (Romans 6:16)

“If you love Me, keep My commandments … He who has My commandments and
keeps them, it is he who loves Me. And he who loves Me will be loved by My Father,
and I will love him … If anyone loves Me, he will keep My word; and My Father will
love him … He who does not love Me does not keep My words” (John 14:15-24)

• “Now by this we know that we know Him, if we keep His commandments …
… But whoever keeps His word, truly the love of God is perfected in him.
By this we know that we are in Him.” (1 John 2:3-5)

• “… so now present your members as slaves of righteousness for holiness” (Romans 6:19)
• “... holiness, without which no one will see the Lord" (Hebrews 12:14)

• “But you, O man of God, flee these things (sins) and pursue righteousness” (1 Timothy 6:11)

• “All Scripture… is profitable for … instruction in (practicing) righteousness” (2 Timothy 3:16)

• “… we, having died to sins, might live for (the practicing of) righteousness” (1 Peter 2:24)

• “… you know that everyone who practices righteousness is born of Him.” (1 John 2:29)

• “… let no one deceive you. He who practices righteousness is righteous” (1 John 3:7)

• “In this the children of God and the children of the devil are manifest:
whoever does NOT practice righteousness is NOT of God” (1 John 3:10)

Notice above that “the children of God” practice righteousness!
And “the children of the devil” do NOT practice righteousness!
In the church, would these be the tares, the foolish virgins, those with bad fruit, etc.?

“For the eyes of the LORD are on the righteous, and His ears are open to their prayers;
but the face of the LORD is against those who do evil.” (1 Peter 3:12)

Notice those who do evil (sin) are contrasted with those who are righteous.
• “… those who have done good, to the resurrection of life, and those who
have done evil (practiced sin), to the resurrection of condemnation.” (John 5:29)

• “For it would have been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness,
than having known it, to turn from the holy commandment delivered to them.
But it has happened to them according to the true proverb: ‘A dog returns to his own vomit’,
and, ‘a sow, having washed, to her wallowing in the mire.’ ” (2 Peter 2:21-22)

True believers who are faithful will be obedient and practice righteousness,
and therefore will be seen by God as continuing to be righteous!
Those who habitually practice sin will NOT be allowed into the kingdom of God/heaven
(1 Corinthians 6:9, Galatians 5:21, Ephesians 5:5)

The Holy Spirit’s “ministry of righteousness” transforms believers unto holiness.
• “... holiness, without which no one will see the Lord" (Hebrews 12:14)
The Scriptures above clearly show that this requires the co-operation of believers!

• “… how will the ministry of the Spirit not be more glorious (than the OT ministry of death)?
For if the ministry of condemnation had glory, the ministry of righteousness exceeds much
more in glory … But we all, with unveiled face, beholding as in a mirror the glory of the Lord,
are being transformed into the same image from glory to glory, just as by the Spirit of the Lord.
(2 Corinthians 3:8-9,18)

• “… beloved, let us cleanse ourselves from all filthiness of the flesh and spirit,
perfecting holiness in the fear of God.” (2 Corinthians 7:1)

• “Awake to righteousness, and do not sin; for some do not have the knowledge of God.
I speak this to your shame.” (1 Corinthians 15:34)

heir

TOL Subscriber
Romans 3:21 But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets;

Romans 3:22 Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference:

ZacharyB

Heir is a total spiritual moron who should obey Paul's instructions:
Paraphrasing ...
"Stay up in the peanut gallery, keep your mouth shut,
and ask your husband later as to the meaning of things.
Women are NOT to be instructing men about spiritual matters!"

The greatest abomination of all has been the WCC (communist)
practice of ordaining women as pastors!

Satan is "the god/ruler of this world/age".
Not God, but Satan ... he won the right to be this!

Interplanner

There are some passages in the NT where 'righteousness' actually has the meaning of justification, like Rom 3. In these, Paul means the declaring to people that God justifies us from our sins through Christ, that he credits righteousness to us. 2 Cor 5 is also in this sense.

There are others where righteousness has the familiar meaning of what a person produces day in and day out in their own lives. Paul would say in Rom 6-7 that the Law is actually a failure on this. He is not talking about justification from past failure at this point, but about whether the Law motivates in a healthy way. It does not. Grace is the best motivation, and the 'Law' (or what the grace-inspired person needs to do) is expressed as shortly as 'take care of your neighbor.'

If a person is teaching the Christian faith to others, they should be very, very experienced at knowing which mode Paul is in.

Cross Reference

There are some passages in the NT where 'righteousness' actually has the meaning of justification, like Rom 3. In these, Paul means the declaring to people that God justifies us from our sins through Christ, that he credits righteousness to us. 2 Cor 5 is also in this sense.

And in Romans 5:1 KJV, Paul makes no such distinction between the OT saints and the NT saints.

glorydaz

Paraphrasing ...

You have no business paraphrasing Paul's instructions, since you clearly do not have the mind of Christ. Heir does....which is why you'd do well to actually READ the verses she gives you. They are what you need to hear (without trying to "paraphrase" them, btw).

musterion

Paraphrasing ...

TOL is not a local church, but you should still be punted from participating. Heir has forgotten more sound doctrine that you'll ever know.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
I know that screaming voice which is behind all Zb's posts

I hope he gets an infraction for posting repetition

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Paraphrasing ...

The greatest abomination of all has been the WCC (communist)
practice of ordaining women as pastors!

Satan is "the god/ruler of this world/age".
Not God, but Satan ... he won the right to be this!

So, are you a woman hater? Did you ask a girl to the Prom
in high school and she turned you down because you're a toad?

ZacharyB

A newly-discovered (by accident) righteousness verse ...

"For we through the Spirit
eagerly wait for the hope of righteousness by faith." (Galatians 5:5)

All I can say is:
Good luck unravelling (and understanding) everything involved in dis widdle voise!

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
A newly-discovered (by accident) righteousness verse ...

"For we through the Spirit
eagerly wait for the hope of righteousness by faith." (Galatians 5:5)

All I can say is:
Good luck unravelling (and understanding) everything involved in dis widdle voise!

You chaps are not preaching righteousness by faith, you are preaching righteousness by personal piety and holiness

We do not eagerly await for the hope of righteousness by our own personal piety or holiness, Nossir

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
Sheep floggers

You have no heart or compassion for the men and women coming into the church badly bruised and wounded, broken. Folk who scarcely can believe they have been saved, tremblers, just about hanging on by their fingers.

You tear these sheep, merciless, flogging them. When you ought to be doing all you can to help them, to heal them, to rub ointment into their wounds.

You may be saved....but God is angry with you all day long.

Cross Reference

Sheep floggers

You have no heart or compassion for the men and women coming into the church badly bruised and wounded, broken. Folk who scarcely can believe they have been saved, tremblers, just about hanging on by their fingers.

You tear these sheep, merciless, flogging them. When you ought to be all you can to help them, to heal them, to rub ointment into their wounds.

You presume upon much that isn't there.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Sheep floggers

You tear these sheep, merciless, flogging them. When you ought to be doing all you can to help them, to heal them, to rub ointment into their wounds.

How is it that you flog people here?

LA

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
You presume upon much that isn't there.

You mis - apply the word

Instead of beating people "you must be holy, you must be holy"

You are telling them that they are not holy, that they are wretched sinners still....those are seeds YOU are planting in them, they will think of themselves as unholy, they will act that way.

It contradicts God's word.

Tell them they ARE holy, God has made them worthy, teach them how they are risen with Christ to walk in newness of life....KEEP telling it, even when there is no sign.

It is God's word, God's word is powerful, it is seed, it will be planted in their hearts, it will produce of itself, it will grow in them.

They'll catch on. They will start to think of themselves as holy, they will act that way, they will become holy.

That is how God's word works. It takes a little time, a lot of patience, a lot of love....but it doesn't take a lifetime, it is not a ceaseless struggle.

It is a revelation which must dawn upon people, sometimes it does come in a flash.

This is the key to ALL of God's miracles.

Be ye holy for I am holy is fiat...like "let there be light and there was light" God is commanding it to happen.

The original command is "LIGHT BE" and there was light, now He says to us "holy be" He will create what He is commanding.