ECT Co-operate with Jesus and the Spirit’s “ministry of righteousness”

Cross Reference

You mis - apply the word

Instead of beating people "you must be holy, you must be holy"

You are telling them that they are not holy, that they are wretched sinners still....those are seeds YOU are planting in them, they will think of themselves as unholy, they will act that way.

It contradicts God's word.

Tell them they ARE holy, God has made them worthy, teach them how they are risen with Christ to walk in newness of life....KEEP telling it, even when there is no sign.

It is God's word, God's word is powerful, it is seed, it will be planted in their hearts, it will produce of itself, it will grow in them.

They'll catch on. They will start to think of themselves as holy, they will act that way, they will become holy.

That is how God's word works. It takes a little time, a lot of patience, a lot of love....but it doesn't take a lifetime, it is not a ceaseless struggle.

It is a revelation which must dawn upon people, sometimes it does come in a flash.

This is the key to ALL of God's miracles.

Be ye holy for I am holy is fiat...like "let there be light and there was light" God is commanding it to happen.

The original command is "LIGHT BE" and there was light, now He says to us "holy be" He will create what He is commanding.

Give an example instead of running away with fantasy scenarios.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
You mis - apply the word

Instead of beating people "you must be holy, you must be holy"

You are telling them that they are not holy, that they are wretched sinners still....those are seeds YOU are planting in them, they will think of themselves as unholy, they will act that way.

It contradicts God's word.

Tell them they ARE holy, God has made them worthy, teach them how they are risen with Christ to walk in newness of life....KEEP telling it, even when there is no sign.

You seem to have the view that unholy people who sin, need no repentance, but just to believe.

The power of positive thinking it is.

Listen to the Word---

Eze 3:18 When I say unto the wicked, Thou shalt surely die; and thou givest him not warning, nor speakest to warn the wicked from his wicked way, to save his life; the same wicked man shall die in his iniquity; but his blood will I require at thine hand.
Eze 3:19 Yet if thou warn the wicked, and he turn not from his wickedness, nor from his wicked way, he shall die in his iniquity; but thou hast delivered thy soul.
Eze 3:20 Again, When a righteous man doth turn from his righteousness, and commit iniquity, and I lay a stumblingblock before him, he shall die: because thou hast not given him warning, he shall die in his sin, and his righteousness which he hath done shall not be remembered; but his blood will I require at thine hand.
Eze 3:21 Nevertheless if thou warn the righteous man, that the righteous sin not, and he doth not sin, he shall surely live, because he is warned; also thou hast delivered thy soul.

LA

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
You seem to have the view that unholy people who sin, need no repentance, but just to believe.

The power of positive thinking it is.

Listen to the Word---

Eze 3:18 When I say unto the wicked, Thou shalt surely die; and thou givest him not warning, nor speakest to warn the wicked from his wicked way, to save his life; the same wicked man shall die in his iniquity; but his blood will I require at thine hand.
Eze 3:19 Yet if thou warn the wicked, and he turn not from his wickedness, nor from his wicked way, he shall die in his iniquity; but thou hast delivered thy soul.
Eze 3:20 Again, When a righteous man doth turn from his righteousness, and commit iniquity, and I lay a stumblingblock before him, he shall die: because thou hast not given him warning, he shall die in his sin, and his righteousness which he hath done shall not be remembered; but his blood will I require at thine hand.
Eze 3:21 Nevertheless if thou warn the righteous man, that the righteous sin not, and he doth not sin, he shall surely live, because he is warned; also thou hast delivered thy soul.

LA

Stupid person you are not worthy to engage with.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Stupid person you are not worthy to engage with.

You avoid the truth of Gods word and attack the messenger.

All the MAD people do that.

2Co 6:17 Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you,
2Co 6:18 And will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be my sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty.

LA

ZacharyB

Now square that with Romans 9:30 and 1 Cor 1:30, where righteousness, sanctification and
redemption are said to already be attained as the present possession of the believer in Christ.
I've already done that countless times!
Present possession does not guarantee future possession!

Those incredible blessings through the incredible grace of God
are given at the time when believers receive the Holy Spirit.
But, these people can ignore them, reject them, etc.
and fall away from the faith ... by returning to their sinning ways!
Then, sincere repentance is required to return to being "in the faith" again.

I am continuing to be led by the Spirit ...
to warn the Laodicean church (if you have any idea what that is)
to stop their habitual (unrepentant) sinning lifestyle
because if this continues until death they will lose their salvation.

It is just as simple as that.

ZacharyB

2nd edition of the OP ...

The meaning of righteousness … “And they (Zach and Liz) were both righteous before God,
walking in all the commandments and ordinances of the Lord blameless.” (Luke 1:6)

No one is perfect, so IMO this would include sincere repenting of the occasional sin!

For we through the Spirit eagerly wait for the hope of righteousness by faith.” (Galatians 5:5)
“Hope” here is Strong’s #1680, “favorable and confident expectation”,
i.e. the expectation of the truly faithful … Vine’s famous Expository Dictionary of Biblical words:
“the hope of righteousness; i.e. the believer’s complete conformity to God’s will”

• “… whoever fears Him and works righteousness is accepted by Him” (Acts 10:35)

• “… you are that one’s slaves whom you obey, whether (slaves) of sin leading to death,
or (slaves) of obedience leading to righteousness” (Romans 6:16)

“If you love Me, keep My commandments … He who has My commandments and
keeps them, it is he who loves Me. And he who loves Me will be loved by My Father,
and I will love him … If anyone loves Me, he will keep My word; and My Father will
love him … He who does not love Me does not keep My words” (John 14:15-24)

Thus the question must arise …
Does anyone go to heaven who does not love Jesus and obey His commandments?

Now by this we know that we know Him, if we keep His commandments” (1 John 2:3)
“And this is eternal life, that they may know You,
the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom You have sent.” (John 17:3)
“My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me. And I give them eternal life”
(John 10:27-28)

• “… so now present your members as slaves of righteousness for holiness” (Romans 6:19)
• “... holiness, without which no one will see the Lord" (Hebrews 12:14)

• “But you, O man of God, flee these things (sins) and pursue righteousness” (1 Timothy 6:11)

• “All Scripture… is profitable for … instruction in (practicing) righteousness” (2 Timothy 3:16)

• “… we, having died to sins, might live for (the practicing of) righteousness” (1 Peter 2:24)

• “… you know that everyone who practices righteousness is born of Him.” (1 John 2:29)

• “… let no one deceive you. He who practices righteousness is righteous” (1 John 3:7)

• “In this the children of God and the children of the devil are manifest:
whoever does NOT practice righteousness is NOT of God” (1 John 3:10)

Notice above that “the children of God” practice righteousness!
And “the children of the devil” do NOT practice righteousness!
In the church … would these be the tares, the foolish virgins, those with bad fruit, etc. etc.?

• “For the eyes of the LORD are on the righteous, and His ears are open to their prayers;
but the face of the LORD is against those who do evil.” (1 Peter 3:12)

Notice those who do evil (sin) are contrasted with those who are righteous.
• “… those who have done good, to the resurrection of life, and those who
have done evil (practiced sin), to the resurrection of condemnation.” (John 5:29)

• “For it would have been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness,
than having known it, to turn from the holy commandment delivered to them.
But it has happened to them according to the true proverb: ‘A dog returns to his own vomit’,
and, ‘a sow, having washed, to her wallowing in the mire.’ ” (2 Peter 2:21-22)

True believers who are faithful will be obedient and practice righteousness,
and therefore will be seen by God as continuing to be righteous!
Those who habitually practice sin will NOT be allowed into the kingdom of God/heaven
(1 Corinthians 6:9, Galatians 5:21, Ephesians 5:5)

The Holy Spirit’s “ministry of righteousness” transforms believers into living in holiness!
• “... holiness, without which no one will see the Lord" (Hebrews 12:14)
The Scriptures above clearly show that this requires the co-operation of believers!

• “… how will the ministry of the Spirit not be more glorious (than the OT ministry of death)?
For if the ministry of condemnation had glory, the ministry of righteousness exceeds much
more in glory … But we all, with unveiled face, beholding as in a mirror the glory of the Lord,
are being transformed into the same image from glory to glory, just as by the Spirit of the Lord.
(2 Corinthians 3:8-9,18)

“… beloved, let us cleanse ourselves from all filthiness of the flesh and spirit,
perfecting holiness in the fear of God.” (2 Corinthians 7:1)

• “Awake to righteousness, and do not sin; for some do not have the knowledge of God.
I speak this to your shame.” (1 Corinthians 15:34)